• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    When you bring up topics of gender, I think it's common that people want to make sure the sex/gender differences are brought up, is all. It doesn't have to get serious, but it's just something I think Pala and Universe wanted to note because of the way you worded yourself, is all. Nothing ill, but I think calling it out and bringing it up is only going to dig that topic deeper. I'm not going to go further on it, though; just an observation.

Anyway, I usually pick for aesthetics. Typically has nothing to do with gender, pronouns, or what have you. Not in my case, anyway. But I know that some people like the representation and being able to choose is nice, especially for those that might have gender issues personally and a video game might be their only outlet to express that (ex. someone that identifies female, but isn't able to present that way in person can enjoy being able to play as a female in a game and not face consequences for it like they likely would in person).

Hopefully this makes some bit of sense.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    At the end of the day, does it really matter how someone else chooses to play a game? Tons of people (probably the majority) don't even use their birth name for characters in games, either, but that's never brought up. Even outside of games, it's just a matter of expression.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I've only done this recently in my playthrough of fire emblem. I suppose the reason I chose the opposite sex is because I like to imagine the playable character as someone else and with the customization options I can play around with what looks 'nice'.

Years
    Sometimes I just want to play as a guy.

Though admittedly 9 times out of 10 when I do, the character gets named after a male OC so I don't know where that puts me. Elaborate roleplay scenario?

Back