• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    Hello, I'm paranoieew, a fan of some poké-hacks (Without Fakemons, ugh)
    I've got problems with RMXP. Because my computer don't got sound and I can't play any games. Can someone help me ? .-.
    Guys please help me, theres so many great games I can't play because of this D:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • How does having sound effect playing games on your computer? Just because you can't hear them doesn't mean you're unable to play the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    so me and a friend are going to attempt and make a hack of Super Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission

what tools should we use for development? is there a program that works as a sandbox style thing? as in make a room, add on to it (repeat)

thanks in advance

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    can somebody please help me my game got deleted, so i want to remake it, but the problem is, poccil's site is down and i dont know where to get pokemon essentials, can someone please post a download link.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    can somebody please help me my game got deleted, so i want to remake it, but the problem is, poccil's site is down and i dont know where to get pokemon essentials, can someone please post a download link.
    Here's a site that still has it.
    Click here.

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    (I was told to go here so...)
    I downloaded Help-14's follow character script and when i tried to open the project up it failed to load the actor's data.So what can I do to fix this?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    (I was told to go here so...)
    I downloaded Help-14's follow character script and when i tried to open the project up it failed to load the actor's data.So what can I do to fix this?
    You gotta post it in his own topic.

Cilerba

Years
  • On RPG Maker VX how do I resize the map to make it smaller?

If you want to make the map smaller, then right click the map in the bottom left corner of RMVX, and click Map Properties. Then you can edit the map's name, width, height, etc.

Cilerba

Years
  • how do i fix failed to load actor on rpg maker

Try copying all of the data slowly into a blank RPG Maker XP project. Don't copy it all at once or else the error won't be fixed.
    Then copy your Audio, Graphics, PBS if you're using essentials, and all of the other files except the game.rxproj file.
    This is what I did when I had the error before. I can't guarantee that it'll work for you, though.

Last edited:

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • can someone tell me or even better show me a way to resize items in tilesets so that it does not lose quality yet is big enough for character because i was told just make it twice the size and it shall look the same but that does not really work well for making house or even things with doors for that matter, because you have to get the door to fit in 1 32 X 32 square for the event to work correct.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    How do you resize the window in the Pokemon Essentials toolkit to get it 512 x 384 instead of the usual 480 x 320?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    How do you resize the window in the Pokemon Essentials toolkit to get it 512 x 384 instead of the usual 480 x 320?
    Go to the script SpriterResizer then change the first @@width and @@height you see.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    If your using Photoshop you'll need to change your preferences. Go to edit>preferences>general. On Image Interpolation check the option 'Nearest Neighbor'. That should fix the problem you get with resizing pixels. I do recommend only resizing while keeping the aspect ratio the same. So resize by 200%, 50% etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back