• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
  • Another problem, I have tried to fix it. But I have no idea what to do. Does anyone know?

2d0c76o.png
    2ykn7g4.png

The spacer disappears after a couple of seconds. Also, how do I change the background of the top screen?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    The spacer should be a global variable in the main script. Also the z of the spacer should be pretty high.
    As for the background just use one that's 512x784 it would cover the whole screen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Hey

Hey it's me again. One question, I'm using pokemon essentials with RPG Maker XP.
    Anyway
    In battle i want to change some things like if a pokemon faints i want it to say something like "{1} has died." <Just an example.

So as usual i found the text in my intl.txt changed the second line of it, compiled it, renamed it as messages.dat and placed it in my DATA folder. now when i ran the game it still says "{1} fainted".

How can I change it? It gets really frustrating :P Any-help is greatly appreciated!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • To change that, open up your Script Editor, and go to PokeBattle_Battler. Search for "{1} fainted."
    The line should look like this:

Code:
    @battle.pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} fainted!",pbThis)) if showMessage

Change "{1} fainted!" to whatever you want it to be. If this doesn't work, there may be other lines to change in that script.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
    Years
  • The spacer should be a global variable in the main script. Also the z of the spacer should be pretty high.
    As for the background just use one that's 512x784 it would cover the whole screen.
    How do I make it a Global Variable?
    What Script do I put the background, I just want it to be on the top screen when you select New Game, or Options.

EDIT: I got the Global Variable, I change the $bar=Sprite.new(@viewpoint) to $scene=Sprite.new(@viewpoint)

Last edited:

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • When I enter a battle, I'm getting a black backdrop instead of battlebackground 1.
    The black also covers the player and enemy bases.
    Can someone help me?

Spoiler:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Manually change it in the PBS/metadata.txt. Worked for me when I got this error.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
  • The wild battles work, but the trainerbattle doesn't.
    I'm not sure if I used the right Comment in the event page, so if someone can post the correct comment for backdrop, I'd really appreciate it.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Essentials Wiki said:
    @>Script: pbTrainerIntro(:CAMPER)
    @>Script: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
    @>Text: Battle me now!
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Dave",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
    @>Control Self Switch: A =ON
    @>
    : Branch End
    @>Script: pbTrainerEnd
    This is the way it's supposed to be.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
  • This is the way it's supposed to be.

I actually meant this comment:

Pokémon Essentials Notes said:
    Backdrop: Sets the battle background for this Trainer battle (see Battle Backgrounds). For example, if this value is "Water", the backgrounds would have filenames of Graphics/Pictures/battlebgWater.png, playerbaseWater.png, and enemybaseWater.png.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I actually meant this comment:
    It should be quite simply:

Code:
    Backdrop: Water
    This is also very much an Essentials question, and this is very much not the Essentials thread. Please make sure you ask questions in the right place.

I wouldn't mind if the mods moved such posts into the right thread, but...

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • I've searched the threads and the web for a while now, I really have, and had no luck. I have the animated GIF battle sprites for all pokemon, even GEN5. I cannot figure out how to use them with essentials. Someone please help.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
  • Hello, I need help with these two scripts:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The problem is, outside battles I've got on the lower screen LowerScreen (1) , but in-battle, I've got the same screen instead of Battlesystembg.
    Can someone help me with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    [RMXP] Help in linking maps together

Could anyone tell me how to link maps together? Is there a script? Cause for me, i have to transfer my player around using the Transferring event. I'm hoping for a much better solution :D

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Could anyone tell me how to link maps together? Is there a script? Cause for me, i have to transfer my player around using the Transferring event. I'm hoping for a much better solution :D

Simple, either look at the notes provided, use the editor.exe or just search youtube for Pokémon essentials map connections.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Can i edit RMXP settings? like,the input buttons to the buttons of my own?

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    sup people, i want to know how to put an animated video before the title screen appears, like i ruby, and urainium.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back