• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
    i have this script error i need help with
    i am making a remake of red version.
    and was making the 1st oak and the grass event.
    its works fine but when the scripts end i cant move
    Heres the script (WARNING: Content is Large):
    Spoiler:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
    I am somewhat stumped here myself, I checked both my pokemon_battle, and pokemon_AcutalScene but for some reason when I click any type of catching tool for example a pokeball, it would not catch my pokemon. It would just exit my bag scene, then return to the battle scene as if nothing ever happened.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2018
    Wild Grass problem.

Hello

I have a problem with wild grass ( with pokemon in it).

fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/153/8/7/help_again_by_angeldelivery-d3huos1.jpg
    ( I can't post direct links yet)
    This is my problem. I want my character to bo more like "in" the grass not on the grass if you know what i mean.

Please help.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
    i seriously need help with this
    Spoiler:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    does anyone know of any good scripting tutorials that i could use in pokemon essentials.
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials

i seriously need help with this
    Spoiler:
    In move events two events NEVER can be in the same tile, even if one of them is passable. Take a look if you event step in some other.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Are you sure you're not accidently deleting the tiles when you place another tile on top? Also, could you take a screenshot to show me.

Really sorry for the late reply, but this is what I'm doing (which I am certain is wrong):
    General game making help

I selected the colour I want to become a shadow and tried messing around with the opacity at the side.
    However, the colours I tried to change just stayed how they were.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials

In move events two events NEVER can be in the same tile, even if one of them is passable. Take a look if you event step in some other.

so what should i do? its oak event when red steps on grass he stops him...
    desbrina did it...
    but i dont know what to do (i am not requesting)
    i am asking can i do it with another method :P

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
    Really sorry for the late reply, but this is what I'm doing (which I am certain is wrong):
    General game making help

I selected the colour I want to become a shadow and tried messing around with the opacity at the side.
    However, the colours I tried to change just stayed how they were.

It's no problem, I can see exactly what you are doing wrong now lol. The small squares (grey & white) are obviously the transparent background. However, the squares which make up the shadow of your houses are much larger because they are actually sqaures of colour rather than transparent backgrounds lol.

How to fix: Make the left-mouse colour into BLACK and set the OPACITY to somewhere between 40 and 100. Now, select the colour-switch tool (the one with the red-blue icon). Now left-click the one of each of the two grey-ish coloured squares where the shadows are and it will change them into REAL a consistent real opaque colour lol.

That should fix your problem :P

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    no, i mean like general scripting tutorials, that could teach me stuff to make my own scripts, anything like that?
    The first link when you typing RGSS in google is a good start point. To learn essentials things read the notes.html , the sample events, make test with this. One good script to learn how scenes work is the Trainer Card.

so what should i do? its oak event when red steps on grass he stops him...
    desbrina did it...
    but i dont know what to do (i am not requesting)
    i am asking can i do it with another method :P
    You can make the "Grass" event to move off the map in high speed to your events pass.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
    The first link when you typing RGSS in google is a good start point. To learn essentials things read the notes.html , the sample events, make test with this. One good script to learn how scenes work is the Trainer Card.

You can make the "Grass" event to move off the map in high speed to your events pass.

sorry, i dont understand "confused".

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2018
    Do anyone probably know how can i make shadows under character to appear all the time ? and to make them look like in D/P ? I really don't want to manualy ( sprite ) add them because it looks stupid when you jump of the ledge. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    I need a bit of help..
    I've been working on my Pokemon game for over a year now, And now that it is coming into fruition, I fear it's looking too much like other people's games...
    The black background's which I adored to pioneer are now in Black and White and in a ton of fan games...
    The ideas ive had of object placement are now outdated because of my old Leafgreen/FireRed Tiles... etc...
    What should I do? Should I redo all the overworld sprites,
    or just leave em and hope that people will respect that.
    I need an outside opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Do anyone probably know how can i make shadows under character to appear all the time ? and to make them look like in D/P ? I really don't want to manualy ( sprite ) add them because it looks stupid when you jump of the ledge. Thanks!

I have a script that does it, but it's private and currently has the ledge bug. I would recommend removing shadows from OW's if it causes too much trouble, in hopes that someone will release something better.

I need a bit of help..
    I've been working on my Pokemon game for over a year now, And now that it is coming into fruition, I fear it's looking too much like other people's games...
    The black background's which I adored to pioneer are now in Black and White and in a ton of fan games...
    The ideas ive had of object placement are now outdated because of my old Leafgreen/FireRed Tiles... etc...
    What should I do? Should I redo all the overworld sprites,
    or just leave em and hope that people will respect that.
    I need an outside opinion.

Although your style is really going to be outdated, the thing I tell every developer is; it doesn't matter what style you work in, so long as you do it well. That's the key to a good graphical game.

But there's plenty of resources for those who wish to go into newer generation styles, so don't be afraid of change. It simply relates to what you wish to do most.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
    Character goes over stand....

Hi. this is my first month at using RPG maker XP and I was wondering...
    A)if someone could tell me how to make a day/night system( I don't get the ones in the tut thread and their all closed/_\)
    B) Is it possible to slightly change the battle system? so, what i would like is a way to make all battles like a race, dependent on speed and agility, and have obstacles that you break dependant on strength. So, kinda like pokeatholon but you are on the pokemon. If it is, could someone tell me how?
    C) and I want to have a stand in the game but whenever the sprite goes over it, it goes OVER the stand. I have the terrain tag on the stand set to thirteen(13) and the ground set to two(2) but the character still goes over it!

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    hello, i've been working on a secret game for about half a year now, and somethings gone wrong. when i tell an event to move say: up, down, left, right, and i set it to action button, it works just fine, but if i set it to parralel process, it goes the first direction i specified and just keeps going that way, it doesn't change directions at all! somebody please help me!

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    hello, i've been working on a secret game for about half a year now, and somethings gone wrong. when i tell an event to move say: up, down, left, right, and i set it to action button, it works just fine, but if i set it to parralel process, it goes the first direction i specified and just keeps going that way, it doesn't change directions at all! somebody please help me!

If it's for an event, you can just copy the map and have the player teleport to the map copy and set the event as autostart, then port the player back to the other map once completed.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    If it's for an event, you can just copy the map and have the player teleport to the map copy and set the event as autostart, then port the player back to the other map once completed.
    autorun doesnt work either, everything just freezes.

i really need help with this, i just checked my pokemon game and its happening on that too, and on any new games i start. help!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    autorun doesnt work either, everything just freezes.

i really need help with this, i just checked my pokemon game and its happening on that too, and on any new games i start. help!

Did you try the two maps trick thepsynergist suggested, or did you just switch the event to autorun? If you tried the trick and it didn't work, can you post some screenshots of how you have the event set up so we can try to see any flaws?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back