• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General GDW Thread.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • This thread is just where those writing articles for upcoming issues of GDW will post requests from the community, and other things. So we don't clutter up the section with threads for every little thing. :P

For the next issue, so far:

• Zephyr+: Needs more Fakemon submitted so she can do another episode of her reviews.
      Specifically, on submitting fakes:

-You must have a fangame project currently under way and be using the fakemon in said project.
      -You must provide me with a sprite, a name, and type(s). Flavor text is appreciated but not necessary.
      -I'm harsh. It's my schtick; don't send in your fakes if you aren't prepared for some criticism. But I'll send you the review before it is published in GDW, so it doesn't come as such a shock.
      -I may draw some art of your fake. Maybe. If you're lucky.

• Yuoaman: Needs some maps to be submitted to run a similar article as Zephyr's.

• General: Need some people to volunteer to write articles, interview other members, and any number of things.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Specifically, on submitting fakes:

-You must have a fangame project currently under way and be using the fakemon in said project.
    -You must provide me with a sprite, a name, and type(s). Flavor text is appreciated but not necessary.
    -I'm harsh. It's my schtick; don't send in your fakes if you aren't prepared for some criticism. But I'll send you the review before it is published in GDW, so it doesn't come as such a shock.
    -I may draw some art of your fake. Maybe. If you're lucky.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I may write a second article on GM for the new issue :3

Yuoaman

Years
  • Oh will you, now?

And, there will probably be a podcast for the next issue, as well as the first update of my LP - which will most likely be posted in its own thread.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    So are we doing round table this weekend or next?

Yuoaman

Years
  • At the moment, everyone, GDW has very little in the way of content. One member of the community has stepped forward to write an article, which will definitely make things easier. I'd still like it if the community could send in fakemon to Zephyr, and maps to me to be reviewed, or else I will have to consider postponing the issue until after this weekend... :(

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Can you do a review of Altoria :3
    I posted it on PC
    I also may get around to writing another tutorial.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    At the moment, everyone, GDW has very little in the way of content. One member of the community has stepped forward to write an article, which will definitely make things easier. I'd still like it if the community could send in fakemon to Zephyr, and maps to me to be reviewed, or else I will have to consider postponing the issue until after this weekend... :(
    What is it that you need? I can do an interview or some screens or something....

Yuoaman

Years
  • Can you do a review of Altoria :3
    I posted it on PC
    I also may get around to writing another tutorial.
    If I do end up reviewing Altoria, you have to know that I wouldn't be kind... :\

What is it that you need? I can do an interview or some screens or something....

I'm looking for more involvement from members of the community, previews and teasers for their projects, and the like.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I feel sorry for Zephyr and his fakes section.
    Not many fan games use them. There are maybe 6/8 out of every fan game posted that use them. And maybe only 3/4 of which are getting actively updated.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    If I do end up reviewing Altoria, you have to know that I wouldn't be kind... :\
    It's fine :P
    Besides everything bad is something I can improve on, but just wait for me to make a more advanced demo with some sort of dungeon or something lol.

Yuoaman

Years
    Not many fan games use them. There are maybe 6/8 out of every fan game posted that use them. And maybe only 3/4 of which are getting actively updated.

I know. :(

Hopefully those that do have fakes will contact Zephyr before the next issue...

It's fine :P
    Besides everything bad is something I can improve on, but just wait for me to make a more advanced demo with some sort of dungeon or something lol.

Alrighty.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Well, if it wasn't Zeph who sprited Uranium fakes, I'd submit some to her =/.

Another thing, Yuoaman, is there still place left for a map review? I may send you one.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I'd be up to sending some maps too if you still need any. Any specifics though? Outdoor maps, indoor, what exactly do you need?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
    Years
    Zephyr is a girl, Neo.. lol. I made that mistake in the first place too.

Back