• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General - Question or two

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    So if I haven't played any of the other pokemon games, Black, Black2 and X/Y.. but get pokemon sun and moon, would I be missing out on anything story wise?

I'm also curious about how people get shinies and free pokemon off the web, seen a few things for it from black and X/Y so I'm just curious how I keep in the know and get around claiming those shinies.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • So if I haven't played any of the other pokemon games, Black, Black2 and X/Y.. but get pokemon sun and moon, would I be missing out on anything story wise?

I'm also curious about how people get shinies and free pokemon off the web, seen a few things for it from black and X/Y so I'm just curious how I keep in the know and get around claiming those shinies.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
    Almost all of the games have totally independent storylines so you won't miss anything important as far as I know. You might miss a bit of backstory for some characters that appear in Sun and Moon from older games, but that's never particularly important. You might also miss the explanation for Mega Evolution because I'm not sure if this game gives one (it was a mechanic introduced last generation) but it's fairly simple and you can always google if you're confused.

As for Pokémon off the web, I believe you're referring to the Mystery Gift? It's a system for downloading free Pokémon that Game Freak/TPCI/Nintendo (I'm not sure who's actually running it actually haha) has made available for a limited time. Often they're shiny, or have special movesets. Speaking of which, there's a Z-Move Munchlax on Sun & Moon's Mystery Gift right now!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Appreciate the reply, I'm in the UK so I have to wait a few more days until it is out! But I shall keep my out on the mystery gift when I get it. Cheers and happy pokemon hunting :)

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • Appreciate the reply, I'm in the UK so I have to wait a few more days until it is out! But I shall keep my out on the mystery gift when I get it. Cheers and happy pokemon hunting :)

I believe you get a regular Munchlax as the gift event. Shiny Pokemon are extremely rare and appear in something like 1/4000 encounters, however there are many things you can do to greatly increase your odds as many "shiny hunters" do. If you would like an illegitimate shiny then I could hook you up with one as I have powersaves.

Let me know if you've got any more questions.

Back