• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyocera

+Sylveon Is UB3R!+
Years
That Ho-Oh is definitely hacked! Not a lot of pokemon on GTS that aren't in some way hacked or abused. I only use it when I feel there is no other way! Sorry, mate!

- Kyocera

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I want to play the old Pokemon games that i grew up with and this looked like a great deal.

I think you can offer on this website so i should be able to steal it for $5.

Do you think I should get it?

ioffer.com/i/game-boy-advance-emulator-11-pokemon-games-for-pc-565933026

I'm not gonna open that link because I'm on a college computer, but I'm guessing by the domain name that it's linking you to an emulator and several ROMS, something you can easily acquire for free if you check the right places. It's also technically illegal unless you've got a hard copy of the game, so don't expect anyone here to give you a link. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Breeding question

im playing heart gold and trying to make an adamant dratini with 31 atk iv. im using 31 atk ditto with power item and adamant dratini with everstone. google says this should work. my results say otherwise. i've hatch 20 eggs, not a single adamant one. same thing happened when i used the same ditto on impish skarmory and jolly heracross. settled for a hardy skarmory with near perfect ivs and adamant heracross. the 31 iv seems to work 100% of the time, but the everstone is never working... i've hatched 20 dratinis so far, about to settle for a very decent jolly dratini. i hatched about the same amount of skarmory and heracross as well. so i've had at least 50 eggs using a power item + everstone parents, power item works and everstone does not. any suggestions??

also... if anyone want a very high ivs skarm or dratini. i've got alot of them. ill give them for free ;)

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
As No Chance Without Zekrom said, the Everstone trick only works 50% of the time in Gen IV and B/W... They didn't make it 100% until B2/W2.

However, I have to ask -- are either of your parents from a foreign language game? Because, in Gen IV, if you tried to do the Everstone trick with parents from two different language games, it wouldn't work, and they would just hatch with random natures... It makes it really difficult if you're trying to use the Masuda method to get a shiny. :( They fixed that in B/W.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
Do you have any personal favorites?...Have you checked out what pokemon are from what generation?...

A DS (First one, with GBA slot) will grant you access to any older (than X/Y) Pokemon game...

For Generation I: FireRed or LeafGreen (GBA) will suffice...It's a remake of the original Red and Green, with Generation III mechanics and a post-game...

Generation II: HeartGold or SoulSilver will suffice...Remakes of the original Crystal version with Generation IV mechanics and just more to do overall...(These games are good for breeding, but they're terrible for leveling)...

Generation III: Emerald...This is the only one (so far) with two different teams...It's the most updated game of Generation III and had access to the whole weather trio (Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon)...

Generation IV: Platinum...The most updated Sinnoh game...This was probably the most fun game in my opinion...It had a great post-game, access to all Gen. IV legendaries (Besides Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, and Darkrai)...This game is heavily lore-based...

Generation V: Black/White or Black 2/White 2 will suffice...the sequels have more to do, naturally, but imo, original White was more fun to playthrough...These are all heavily story-based as well...

It should be duly noted that story isn't complex in terms of plot...They're moreso focused on being philosophical...

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but couldn't see a Q&A thread in Emulators and ROMS section.

Basically can anyone recommend a good emulator to play Gen 4 games and above, specifically HG/SS? I tried desmume 0.9.9 but my game kept loading with a black screen on the top screen whilst still playing sound and allowing me to use the menu on the bottom screen. Also tried another emulator but cant remember the name of it and it seemed complicated just to get it to start so i deleted it.

Also any good ROM hacks to play, and if so what emulators, if any, would i need? spotted these and they seem interesting and will probably try Reds Adventures first.

Thanks in advance :)

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but couldn't see a Q&A thread in Emulators and ROMS section.

Basically can anyone recommend a good emulator to play Gen 4 games and above, specifically HG/SS? I tried desmume 0.9.9 but my game kept loading with a black screen on the top screen whilst still playing sound and allowing me to use the menu on the bottom screen. Also tried another emulator but cant remember the name of it and it seemed complicated just to get it to start so i deleted it.

Also any good ROM hacks to play, and if so what emulators, if any, would i need? spotted these and they seem interesting and will probably try Reds Adventures first.

Thanks in advance :)

For Playing GameBoy Advance (GBA) gameson android try:

Myboy! GBA Emulator Pro Google it just as I spelled, and try to Download Newest Version.

as for playing DS games on android try:

Drastic DS Emulator Pro or Free versions Again Google it just as I spelled, but remember to have a Bittorrent app on your Computer as some Downloads need torrent apps.
---------------------------------------------
But if you use Windows then VBA is best and for IOS I don't know about it.. Myboy! Pro can Enable you to trade pokemons and Also Enable Cheats of any kind.
Myboy pro is best choice for any pokemon romhack..

(If you wanna trade pokemons using myboy then Search google)
if needed then feel free to ask me. :)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Is Pokemon Download Play considered an online feature?

According to Serebii:

"Nintendo has announced that, as of May 20th 2014, all online services across the DS and Wii games will terminate. This means that you will not be able to go online with any of the following Pokémon games: Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold, Pokémon SoulSilver, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, Pokémon White 2, My Pokémon Ranch, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia & Pokémon Conquest. All online features of these games will be inaccessible, regardless of the console you play them on. All 3DS and Wii U games will continue to be playable online, as will Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter."

I would like to know if the Download Play is considered an online feature?
I still have 10 boxes of Pokemon in my HeartGold to be transferred over to my Black before moving to my Pokebank, so I'd like to know in case I would need to move my plans ahead.

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Download Play is not an online feature, as far as I'm aware. It connects DS systems with each other via infrared (or something along the lines), and doesn't utilize Internet at all. You've got nothing to worry about; just lay back and enjoy. n_n"

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
For Playing GameBoy Advance (GBA) gameson android try:

Myboy! GBA Emulator Pro Google it just as I spelled, and try to Download Newest Version.

as for playing DS games on android try:

Drastic DS Emulator Pro or Free versions Again Google it just as I spelled, but remember to have a Bittorrent app on your Computer as some Downloads need torrent apps.
---------------------------------------------
But if you use Windows then VBA is best and for IOS I don't know about it.. Myboy! Pro can Enable you to trade pokemons and Also Enable Cheats of any kind.
Myboy pro is best choice for any pokemon romhack..

(If you wanna trade pokemons using myboy then Search google)
if needed then feel free to ask me. :)

Cheers will try them and get back. I was looking for emulators for my windows 8 laptop, and I already have VBA which is good, can I play ROM hacks on that? (assume only hacks of gen3 and below will work though)

Drastic DS emulator Pro works on laptops I assume, but I dont have any Bittorrent apps as I dont really trust torrents for viruses. But will hopefully find it :)
Is Myboy! Pro just GBA emulator or is it DS?

thanks in advance!

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
Cheers will try them and get back. I was looking for emulators for my windows 8 laptop, and I already have VBA which is good, can I play ROM hacks on that? (assume only hacks of gen3 and below will work though)

Drastic DS emulator Pro works on laptops I assume, but I dont have any Bittorrent apps as I dont really trust torrents for viruses. But will hopefully find it :)
Is Myboy! Pro just GBA emulator or is it DS?

thanks in advance!

Look, if you want a GBA Emulator for Windows 8 laptop then forget about drastic and myboy, cause both support android.

but as you asked I'll clear again, Myboy is for Android and it will only Play games like Pokemon FireRed, leafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire and emerald, also you can play nearly every Hack..

And Drastic DS is For "3DS" games like Pokemon Black&White, HeartGold, SoulSilver, X&Y, though as I said both Myboy and drastic only Runs on Android.

and yes, you can play pokemon hacks on VBA, but you need to patch. as for patching Head to google and type "How to patch pokemon games or ROMs" it works like,

every Patch (or hack) needs a Base ROM like FireRed, Ruby.

Means Pokemon AshGray's base is FireRed, so we'll patch it to FireRed.... for more info head to google.
--------------------------------------------
Hope I Helped. :)

EDIT: I Found I really Good DS Emulator for Windows 8, on it I assume you could play Pokemon HG/SS or X/Y

Here--->http://3dsemulatordownload.net/

Last edited:

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
Opinions.

Hey everyone, so it's been a while since i picked up my 3ds however i did find my self buy pokemon X. i want opinions on this game compared to all the other one's., For example my fav game is SS.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really am not sure what you're asking here. xD" Could you rephrase your question, please? If you're trying to ask how good Pokémon X and Y are, then, well, in my opinion, they're great! They've got tons of new features added to them, including character customization, Amie (which allows you to interact with your Pokémon), Friend Safari, and more. The story may be a bit short, but it's quite engaging; you'll love it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Look, if you want a GBA Emulator for Windows 8 laptop then forget about drastic and myboy, cause both support android.

but as you asked I'll clear again, Myboy is for Android and it will only Play games like Pokemon FireRed, leafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire and emerald, also you can play nearly every Hack..

And Drastic DS is For "3DS" games like Pokemon Black&White, HeartGold, SoulSilver, X&Y, though as I said both Myboy and drastic only Runs on Android.
--------------------------------------------
Hope I Helped. :)

EDIT: I Found I really Good DS Emulator for Windows 8, on it I assume you could play Pokemon HG/SS or X/Y

Here--->http://3dsemulatordownload.net/

thank you for your info, I will give it a try and let u know how well its gone. Just interested but has there been many ROMS for ds games? or if i want to try a Johto hack should I stick to gen2? dw if you dont know though, just a trail of thought :)

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
thank you for your info, I will give it a try and let u know how well its gone. Just interested but has there been many ROMS for ds games? or if i want to try a Johto hack should I stick to gen2? dw if you dont know though, just a trail of thought :)

Welcome, well it depends on which ROM your johto Hack is based on, if its is HeartGold then its a DS game and if its a FireRed hack then its for GBA...

For DS ROMs, Search on google for "Pokemon DS ROMs download" and always download version 1.0 of any ROM you want.

Best of Luck!

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
Hi im new to Pokemon

Hi im new to Pokemon and im a bit confused, i have been playing Pokemon Pearl and i like it i want to buy more pokemon games but i heard alot of them are the same ? like Pokemon Black and White ect are they exactly the same is it worth buying both of them ? thanks for any reply's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back