• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Question!

Should I breed two Eevees or an Eevee with a ditto. From what I've understood, the best thing, in Fire red is to get that one Eevee, breed with ditto, and as soon as I hatch an Eevee with the opposite gender of the one I first used, I should replace it with a Ditto, so there are two Eevees.
Did I get this right? Is there anything else I can do to breed Eevee's more successfully and faster?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Question!

Should I breed two Eevees or an Eevee with a ditto. From what I've understood, the best thing, in Fire red is to get that one Eevee, breed with ditto, and as soon as I hatch an Eevee with the opposite gender of the one I first used, I should replace it with a Ditto, so there are two Eevees.
Did I get this right? Is there anything else I can do to breed Eevee's more successfully and faster?

Either way is fine, but breeding anything with a Ditto and any other Pokemon is just easier cause you don't have to go out and find the opposite gender or another Pokemon in the same Egg group.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you want it to learn egg moves--such as Wish, Curse, Charm, and Tickle--then you would be required to breed it with certain Pokémon (not really sure which). If not, then Ditto should be okay. :]

Years
Either way is fine, but breeding anything with a Ditto and any other Pokemon is just easier cause you don't have to go out and find the opposite gender or another Pokemon in the same Egg group.

Alright thanks! I was thinking about doing it that way until I hatch two of them with different genders.

Eevee + Ditto = 25% they will make an egg,
Eevee + Eevee (same trainer ID) = 50%

is that correct?

Years
Alright thanks! I was thinking about doing it that way until I hatch two of them with different genders.

Eevee + Ditto = 25% they will make an egg,
Eevee + Eevee (same trainer ID) = 50%

is that correct?

Yes. Same species with same OT/ID No. have increased chance of making an egg, as well as different species with different OT/ID No.

If the species are the same with different OT/ID No. or different species with same OT/ID No. it'll be a rarer chance of the egg being successfully produced.

Years
Yes. Same species with same OT/ID No. have increased chance of making an egg, as well as different species with different OT/ID No.

If the species are the same with different OT/ID No. or different species with same OT/ID No. it'll be a rarer chance of the egg being successfully produced.

You mean, same species with different ID no. will have higher chance?

Anyway, so I guess the best way is to breed with Ditto and replace it with an Eevee with opposite gender as soon as I get one, so two Eevee's can breed, right?

Years
You mean, same species with different ID no. will have higher chance?

Anyway, so I guess the best way is to breed with Ditto and replace it with an Eevee with opposite gender as soon as I get one, so two Eevee's can breed, right?

You got it wrong, it's actually same species with same ID No. that has higher chance. The same is true for different species with different ID No.

Years
You got it wrong, it's actually same species with same ID No. that has higher chance. The same is true for different species with different ID No.

Yeah, in both examples chances are 50%. However, SAME species and DIFFERENT ID No. has the highest chances.
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding

"Same species, different ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 69.3% (has a value of 70). "

So basically, Eevee + Ditto = 20%,
while Eevee + Eevee = 50%

Years
Yeah, in both examples chances are 50%. However, SAME species and DIFFERENT ID No. has the highest chances.
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding

"Same species, different ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 69.3% (has a value of 70). "

So basically, Eevee + Ditto = 20%,
while Eevee + Eevee = 50%

I see... so if your Eevees do have different ID No's, or in fact two of the same of any Pokemon with different ID No's are your best shot unless if you're aiming for egg moves that is. If you want to get the egg quickly in your case without any special tricks, going for your two Eevees is certainly the better option here.

Years
I see... so if your Eevees do have different ID No's, or in fact two of the same of any Pokemon with different ID No's are your best shot unless if you're aiming for egg moves that is. If you want to get the egg quickly in your case without any special tricks, going for your two Eevees is certainly the better option here.

Exactly :D
I'm glad we settled this. I am not sure if everything on Internet is true or not so I prefer to discuss it with someone, just to be sure.
So yeah, thanks :D

InquisitiveLapras

I battle like a bug catcher...
Years
Which Shiny should I hunt?

Hello there! I am very new to PC (first thread, yay!) and I finally decided to make an account to ask a question: I've grown semi-bored of battling (and usually losing), so I've decided to shiny hunt, which I don't do very often. Which shiny do you think would be the most rare/Most worth my time to hunt: Milotic, Haxorus, Kyurem, Pikachu, Ampharos, Sceptile, Rufflet, Mudkip, Excadrill, Virizion, Coballion, Quagsire, Solosis, Anorith, watchhog, or ledyba? lol sorry for the long list, I'm indecisive, but thanks for your responses in advance!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Solosis. It just happens that it's among my favourite Pokemon line, and it would be an honour if you got a shiny one :p Also, blue Reuniclus looks absolutely amazing.

Pillodox

Ruff
Years
Charmander (through breeding). That way you will get this after training it enough:
1370452777088.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Ledyba; not that it's good or anything (because it isn't), but it's one of these Pokemon, nobody would ever consider to shiny hunt.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd say Pikachu. It looks pretty much the same as its regular form, but its body color is a little more orange than yellow, which I personally love. :]

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ugh. Not sure who merged this here, but I would have kept it a single thread, seeing that you're going to get a good bit of replies and this could have been a fun discussion...anyway, you've listed some of my favorite shinies tbh. I'd say Kyurem, since you could fuse that with either Reshiram or Zekrom and then that would be shiny too. It's kind of like having three shinies in one! Sorta...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
Ev training charizard

I am about to embark on the quest to ev train a charizard. I am just looking for some advice since I havent really done this before. I am looking to make him based mroe around moves such as flamethrower and stuff. So what nature would be best for him and what evs? I feel Sp. Att and Speed would be really important for a charizard of this type.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you're going for a special attacking Charizard, use Charizard Y, as regular Charizard is outclassed without its Mega Stone. Timid or Modest with 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe is the best spread and natures.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
If you're going for a special attacking Charizard, use Charizard Y, as regular Charizard is outclassed without its Mega Stone. Timid or Modest with 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe is the best spread and natures.

Thanks you confirmed what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back