• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for the answer! So, in Generation VI it is no longer the same thing? I mean, stats will remain the same but the evolved Pokémon will grow faster? Or will it grow at the same speed, and the boosted exp is to compensate the fact that maybe Fearow needs more exp to go from level X to X+1 than Spearow?

I might have worded it wrongly from my earlier posts.
I mean a Spearow that doesn't evolve at Level 20 will gain more Exp Point than a Fearow*.
*Let's assume this Fearow isn't obtained from trades, not generated from a foreign game and/or not holding Lucky Egg.

HisDudeness

Little Urban Achiever
Years
I might have worded it wrongly from my earlier posts.
I mean a Spearow that doesn't evolve at Level 20 will gain more Exp Point than a Fearow*.
*Let's assume this Fearow isn't obtained from trades, not generated from a foreign game and/or not holding Lucky Egg.
No, it's me who read it wrong. Latley my brain isn't working properly.
So, if learnset is the same, I guess it is more convenient to hold evolutions as long as possible from generation VI.
Thanks for your patience!

Reactions: Sun
Years
So, if learnset is the same, I guess it is more convenient to hold evolutions as long as possible from generation VI.

The main reason to hold back evolution with certain Pokemon is to learn a certain move that only the pre-evolution learns, such as Shroomish with Spore. People also hold back stone evolutions if they want a pre-evo only move as well, and it's important to consider what you want to learn because stone evolutions don't learn many new moves after evolution.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 2, 2018

Even if there are moves that only the evolved form can learn, you can teach them at the Move Relearner, after it evolves at Lv. 100.

HisDudeness

Little Urban Achiever
Years
Even if there are moves that only the evolved form can learn, you can teach them at the Move Relearner, after it evolves at Lv. 100.
Wow, I did not know that. Does this work for generation I as well?
So, in conclusion, when in doubt, should I hold all evolutions as long as possible?
Actually, in a little less ignorant way, should I hold them until the last move learnable only by the unevolved form?

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Wow, I did not know that. Does this work for generation I as well?
So, in conclusion, when in doubt, should I hold all evolutions as long as possible?
Actually, in a little less ignorant way, should I hold them until the last move learnable only by the unevolved form?

No, there's no Move Relearner in Generation I games to begin with.

It really depends on you; there's no definitive answer. More over not all final moves are the best moves.

I suggest you to look into the specific Pokémon's learnset (through official book guides or internet sources) and decide slowly. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So there are Fire Red and Leaf Green version .
So , Why isn't there any Aqua Blue ??

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
So there are Fire Red and Leaf Green version .
So , Why isn't there any Aqua Blue ??
Red and Green were the original gen 1 games, with Blue just being a later revision. Another reason, why there's no third remake, is that the main focus of gen 3 was Hoenn, which is why we got Emerald, instead.

Years
One interesting thing to know is that there has been a trademark registered for a "WaterBlue Version" but as the others said, it wouldn't really have worked because it wouldn't have as much differences anyway.

Vengeful One

I'll put something amazing here eventually...
Years
Does inbreeding affect your pokemon?

I have no idea where this would go so I went with here... Is there any negative side effect from inbreeding your pokemon to try and make one with better IVs?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Hey! Can someone tell me of all the ways one can clone pokémon in this generation, the pro's and con's of each method and which one is the safest? I like mass cloning, I used to do it with Action Replay on Gen V. Thanks in advance ^^

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
A Lucarionite code?

Does anyone have spare lucarionite code for the 3ds version of pokemon shuffle?Pokemon shuffle isnt compatible with my phone so I cant obtain one from there.I have the lucarionie code for the mobile version.
Thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
Don't know name of Pokemon spin off game

Hi everyone! New to the forums! I'm having a problem remembering the name of a Pokemon game that I used to play. This is going to take awhile so please bear with me. I stopped playing Pokemon about 4 years ago. After seeing the commercial on tv for the new Pokemon go which looks amazing I decided to go grab my old DSI and start playing again. I had all of my old games: diamond, white, gold, and platinum. But there was also one missing. This particular game was one that I guarantee I played in my ds. It was a Pokemon game but not part of the main series I don't think. In it you were a Pokemon and lived in a Pokemon village of sorts. In this village you could buy things from markets run by Pokemon, live in something that I don't quite remember. One of the main parts of the game is after you "recruited" or captured another Pokemon there was an area set aside for them so you could go visit them. A frequent one was a Pokemon with 2 heads and looked very similar to a bird. The last thing that I remember about this game is after about the first mission something happens and you are kind of framed. You are outcast from this Pokemon village and take a few of your buddies with you, in what I think is a quest to clear your name or something. I am asking this because the game is gone and I would like to know the name of it so I can buy a new copy of it. I remember this one particular game being one of my favourite to play. I would be forever grateful for any help in the naming of this unknown game. Thanks in advance everybody!

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
I'm pretty sure the game you are describing is one of the games in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. It could be one of these three titles:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Hope this helped!

EDIT: It could also be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

pkmin3033

That is definitely Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. The later games don't have Friend Areas where you can visit your recruited Pokemon (to their detriment) and clearing your name from wrongdoing is a part of the story. Red Rescue Team was for the GBA, Blue Rescue Team was for the DS. Asides from a couple of Pokemon (which you could easily obtain through passwords) and some interface changes (DS version was better, since it had two screens and didn't need menu swapping) they're the same game~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It seems like our question has been answered! Now, if we don't mind, I'll go ahead and merge this topic with our Quick Questions & Answers thread, as it would likely fit better as a part of that. Next time, let's please remember to direct all our questions over to that thread instead of creating a new one.

Thread merged.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 27, 2015
Breeding Help

I have been playing Pokemon games for years, but just recently wanted to get into breeding for strategic battling, and I'm wondering how you can breed Pokemon to get different natures and abilities. Like I'm trying to get a Blissey with a Bold Nature and Natural Cure. How can I do this? Thanks.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have been playing Pokemon games for years, but just recently wanted to get into breeding for strategic battling, and I'm wondering how you can breed Pokemon to get different natures and abilities. Like I'm trying to get a Blissey with a Bold Nature and Natural Cure. How can I do this? Thanks.

A Pokemon will always have an 80% chance of inheriting the female parent's ability slot (60% if the female parent has a hidden ability). To my knowledge there's no way to increase the odds or guarantee that it will get the ability.

For natures, if you give one of the parents an Everstone, the child has a 50% chance of inheriting its nature.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back