• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sixty or so days left on my Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Transfer.

Anything to know in regards to renewal or will in game (in device) text prompt me with a how to?

Years
  • Well I haven't seen anything either, not even from Google. But they might ask you to renew when your subscription expires, although until then i'm not certain.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sixty or so days left on my Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Transfer.

Anything to know in regards to renewal or will in game (in device) text prompt me with a how to?

Well I FINALLY got an answer (after emailing Nintendo AND Tweeting the Pokemon twitter account, who both ignored me!) but yesterday at the 14 day mark I got a notification when I went into Pokebank asking me if I wanted to renew, and I keep getting them every single time I go to use Pokebank, so officially and conclusively, two weeks before your subscription is up the app will specifically ask you if you want to renew and you can just say Yes and go through the prompts.

Performance-wise, with n3DS's new hardware (they doubled the RAM, specifically), slowdowns -in Pokemon- shouldn't no longer be an issue.

Hope this helped, kinda, though very late.

That depends on whether the slowdown is caused by the system or by the game. Remember all those NES, SNES and Gameboy games that would slow down (and in the case of NES games, things would flicker) when too much stuff was on screen? Well on web browser emulators running on the best computers in the world, on nintendo re releases of the digital game (even on the 3DS and Wii U virtual console versions of these games) the slow downs still exist because it wasn't the system running it causing the slowdown, it was whatever limitation in the game data itself, so if the slowdown in current pokemon games are because of the games themselves, the most powerful hardware in the world isn't going to fix that, but if it is slowing down because of the hardware, then yes, the new 3ds should alleviate that, it all depends on why it's slowing down.

I don't mean to intervene on this, but I thought that battling was only 3D for single battles, and nothing more, for the sake of lag? I know for a fact that triple and rotation battles have no 3D capability, so I don't see why horde battles would at all.

Actually in caves the game is also in 3D. I never had 3D on much so I never noticed, but going through Connecting Cave in Pokemon Y (just off route 7) I just happened to have 3D on and to my surprise the inside of the cave was actually in 3D, so if they do that in all the caves, that's actually a pretty sweet little detail: Keeping the overworld outside in 2d, but in caves and dungeons in 3D, but I never keep the 3D on that long because of the need to keep your face in the exact right spot. Maybe once I can afford the new 3ds I may keep it on more.

Thank you Peitharchia. :)
    I'm beginning to think it was, indeed, hacked. I'm unsure what to do with it at this point. I won't be using it in battles or trading it, but it was a cool thing to look at for a while, though.
    I suppose best thing to do would be release it.

As mentioned, if it didn't say that it was from a Faraway place, it'd be more believable but since it doesn't look like it was from Generation IV then it's probably not real.

But to the above poster, perhaps their 3DS was adjusted?

Well it's stats are all over the place, so whoever used it gave it 252 EVs in SP Att but everything else seems random. But I'm actually surprised how often I see people on these boards, facebook groups, all over the place who see a gen 6 pokemon being from a Faraway Place and then immediately think the pokemon was hacked, because ALL pokemon from Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby show up in X an Y as being from a Faraway Place, it's only the pokemon from the original Sapphire or Ruby that show up as being from Hoenn. Everything from the first Wurmple you caught on route 101 right up until Deoxys all say they were met in a Faraway Place in gen 6. So anyway, get yourself a reset bag (or if you're patient, a ton of those EV resetting berries) and just erase all the EVs from that pokemon and then check it's stats, or if you have access to the Battle Resort, take it to the IV checker and find out how many IVs it has. If it has 3 (which every legendary in gen 6 has) then it's obviously not hacked, if it has 4 or 5 but in not beneficial stats (such as 31 in Sp Def even though they have a nature that lowers Sp Def) then it's still probably legit. If it's 6, then maybe it was hacked. (my point being if it was hacked, it would all be beneficial, people don't hack things to be bad) and if they (like me) had both Sapphire AND Ruby, you get two Giratinas anyway so if the first one was shiny but had a bad nature and only 3 IVs, but the second one I got was normal but had better IVs, I'd be wonder trading the shiny one as well. There's no need to keep both.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Seems some people (locally) want Heartgold, used or new. Is there something to HG that has it better, or different, than SS?

Years
  • Can someone explain me how do I rescue o get rescued in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers or Sky/Time/Darknes?
    Yeah, google, I know, I tried, I failed, I need someone who actually knows what they are talking about to explain it to me. Does that still work to begin with?

Dusclops101

That guy who posts things...
    Years
  • Need some help

Sorry, but I don't know where to put this, but its a general question, if that makes any sense.

I've been looking for some challenges to do for the pokemon games and I want to do a Solo Run for DP, but I can't get the pokemon that I want. Is there a way to download a ROM of DP and implement the pokemon I want as a starter or something like that?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Is there a way to transfer Pokémon from Gen 3 and 4 to Gen 6. I have a DS Lite and a New 3DS XL. Do I need a Gen 5 game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Is there a way to transfer Pokémon from Gen 3 and 4 to Gen 6. I have a DS Lite and a New 3DS XL. Do I need a Gen 5 game?
    Yeah, you need a Gen 5 game in order to get Pokemon from past games into Gen 6. The Pokemon Transporter only works with Gen 5 games.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Yeah, you need a Gen 5 game in order to get Pokemon from past games into Gen 6. The Pokemon Transporter only works with Gen 5 games.

Would Pokémon Bank work? What do I do once the Pokémon are in Gen 5?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Would Pokémon Bank work? What do I do once the Pokémon are in Gen 5?
    The Transporter needs the Bank in order to work, actually. Once the Pokemon are on a Gen 5 game, put the ones you wanna send to Gen 6 into the first PC box. Then exit the game and start up the Transporter app. It'll send the Pokemon in the box to a special transfer box in your Bank account. Then put in your Gen 6 game and start up the Bank app, and move those Pokemon from the Bank into one of your open PC boxes.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The Transporter needs the Bank in order to work, actually. Once the Pokemon are on a Gen 5 game, put the ones you wanna send to Gen 6 into the first PC box. Then exit the game and start up the Transporter app. It'll send the Pokemon in the box to a special transfer box in your Bank account. Then put in your Gen 6 game and start up the Bank app, and move those Pokemon from the Bank into one of your open PC boxes.

Ooooooooh. So that's what the Transfer Box is for. Thanks~ ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    TRADING VIA POKEBANK WITH MULTIPLE REGION GAME CARDS (HALP)

Okay so we all know that Pokebank makes transferring our hard earned pokemon to the latest game a hell of a lot easier than it was in the past....however. I have an issue.

My Pokemon X is a North American regioned game on my North American 3DS. ( I was in Canada)
    I came back to Australia, got the new 3DS with Alpha Sapphire.

Is there a way for me to make a bridge between them with a single Pokebank and transfer things more easily than one at a time.

If anyone has any ideas/input it would be super great

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Would you please be able to expand on your question a little more? This way, we'd have an easier time lending a hand to you.

Also, we already have a thread here dedicated to questions, answers, and so forth, so if we don't mind, I'll go ahead and merge it there!

Thread merged.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • DS help

If this is in the wrong section I apologize, I also apologize if this is hard to understand this is going to be hard to explain. In the SDC's copies of Pokemon Hard Gold and White 2, when I play the games on their DS Lite and the on another DS I cant do daily events again. Like I cant buy a Castlicone, because the game still thinks it's the other day but 24 hours have passed. How do I get the game cards to let me refresh the daily events so I can do them again each day? I am sorry if this is hard to understand, I have autism and it's holding me back from being able to write this post in a understandable way

Last edited:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • In the SDC's copy of Heart Gold and White 2 when I played these games on their blue DS Lite it wont wont let me do the daily events again. The game still thinks it's Wednesday when I last did my daily events in those games like the lucky Number Draw, and it wont let me do it again because the game still thinks it's the same day. How do I let the game card refresh so I can do the daily events again? I am sorry if this is hard to understand. My autism is holding me back from writing this in a way that makes sense

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, I don't believe I've ever experienced this issue before while playing HeartGold, SoulSilver, etc., so I don't have much knowledge as to how we could get around that.

I'm unsure how often this will help, but have you tried changing up your DS time settings, and see what happens? If they're modified, it might trigger your game cards' time function to work again (this is only an assumption; sadly, I'm not hundred-percent on it).

Anyhow, this will likely fit better in our General Questions thread, so if we don't mind, I'll go ahead and merge it there.

Thread merged.

Years
  • Black 2 on a 3ds?

Hello,
    My understanding was that the 3ds was completely backwards compatible with ds games (like Black 2), but for some reason, my 3ds won't recognize Black 2 at all. It recognizes the other ds games I have though. I did get it from Ebay, but I checked it over to see if it was a copy, but it all looks legit and even came with the correct box and manual. I haven't been able to find anything on google about someone running into the same problem, so I have no idea what to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

pkmin3033

Does the game work on any other consoles? I had this issue with my copy of Pokemon X - it wouldn't register on any consoles, and it turned out that the game was corrupted beyond repair. Check it on another console if you can and see if the results are the same. If they are, the problem is with the game. If not...I'm stumped. Unless...is it of the same region as your console? Remember, the 3DS is region locked, unlike the DS. I'm not sure if that'd affect DS games or not, but it's possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back