• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I haven't tried any other consoles yet. I will have to wait till I meet up with my sister so I can try hers. I am afraid that it might be corrupted which would be upsetting. I will post any updates when I get them. Thanks for the response though.

Years
  • Does the game work on any other consoles? I had this issue with my copy of Pokemon X - it wouldn't register on any consoles, and it turned out that the game was corrupted beyond repair. Check it on another console if you can and see if the results are the same. If they are, the problem is with the game. If not...I'm stumped. Unless...is it of the same region as your console? Remember, the 3DS is region locked, unlike the DS. I'm not sure if that'd affect DS games or not, but it's possible.

I don't know if I fixed the problem or not, but I guess because the DS games are shaped just a little bit differently, it matters slightly how you put the cartridge in. So if the cartridge fidgets over to much or whatever, it doesn't recognize it. Not 100% but I was able to use it for a little bit. Probably just going to invest in a used DS that I can use for my DS games to make it easier lol

Sorry for a waste of a thread lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm glad we've been able to figure this issue out, Bearded!

So we are aware, I'm going to move this topic into our Questions and Answers thread. In future, could we please use that instead, if possible, as it's our official area for all concerns related to these kind of things? It'd be best for us to avoid creating separate threads on them.

Thread merged.

Years
  • Trading Pokémon between Emulators and Cartridges as well as between Generations

Hey Whats up Everyone,

This is one of my first and only posts on this thread, I have been following mostly the Hacking threads and other different topics and discussions and am a huge fan of the series and have been playing since 1st Generation.

So, I recently purchased a New Nintendo 3DS along with OMEGA Ruby and also purchased a 3DS Flash cart to play some back ups of a variety of titles.

I really enjoy mobile gamino and play a lot of Emulators on my Samsung Note including GBA as well as a lot of different Hacks created here on the forums. (Which are super fun!)

Sorry for dragging on. My question, is it possible when playing Pokémon Emulators (GBA or DS) regardless of which emulator, to trade the Pokémon I have trained from an ROM to and actual cartridge game? Please keep in mind that I do own an R4I Gold card so if there is a possibility to do it with that product as well I would love to hear the possibilities.

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing back your responses!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2015
    i think you can trade from rom to real game, but you would eaither need a gba flashcart or a ds2 flashcart that can play gba games without a slot 2 card, oh and possable an older DS if you are going the gba flashcard way. of couse you will need 2 Dses anyway, or atleast barrow a friends instead wasteing money on a double.

PS: i defiantly know for sure a DS ROM and DS real Game can interact with each other as me and another friend who both had flash cards played MP with another friend who only owned the legit game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • How do the emulators enable trading between Generations? I heard that the DSTwo is the best way to go but everywhere I try to find an online store that sells them they all say that the product has been discontinued. I also heard there is a DSTwo plus being sold.

Would any one happen to know a reliable sourCE for me to purchase these flashcarts that are actually in stock?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I think Desmume supports GBA slot and thus, Pal Park, but that's where it stops. Not sure how to transfer from 4th to 5th with emulators (the legit way, because I believe you can do it with PokéGen a similar method), and from 5th to 6th it should be impossible because I believe PokéBank will only recognize a legit cart.

From 4th to 5th you probably could use PokéGen to "fake" a transfer (you convert and import the pkm file into a 5th gen save and edit the data to make it look like you caught it at the Entralink).

Either way, best to ask the masters of hacking at the Project Pokémon forums.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I hope you've found what you were looking for, Chuck!

Anyway, since this is more of a question than discussion, it would likely fit better in our General Quick Questions & Answers thread, so if we don't mind, I'm going to merge this with that.

Thread merged.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I hope you've found what you were looking for, Chuck!

Anyway, since this is more of a question than discussion, it would likely fit better in our General Quick Questions & Answers thread, so if we don't mind, I'm going to merge this with that.

Thread merged.

I disagree with this merge. This isn't small question, it's relevant thread that could contain information that others would be interested in, and better suited for emulation forum. When you merge it to the large DCC thread, it becomes lost in the middle of a lot of junk and could be erased in the future.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • Hello I recently made a petition and it is related to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon I know where it goes I just do not know if I can post a thread about the petition as I think it might break the rules in some way. If it does break the rules then I will not post it if it does not I will post it all I need to know if it is okay to make a thread advertising my petition thank you for your time in reading this.

Best Regards.

-Boured-

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello I recently made a petition and it is related to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon I know where it goes I just do not know if I can post a thread about the petition as I think it might break the rules in some way. If it does break the rules then I will not post it if it does not I will post it all I need to know if it is okay to make a thread advertising my petition thank you for your time in reading this.

Best Regards.

-Boured-
    You can't post a thread advertising anything on PC. You can however advertise it in your signature.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I asked about transferring from Gens 3/4 to 6 before. J was told I needed a Gen 5 game. I found my Gen 5 games. I have a DS and a 3DS. How do I actually go about transferring from Gen 3/4 to 6 now?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I asked about transferring from Gens 3/4 to 6 before. J was told I needed a Gen 5 game. I found my Gen 5 games. I have a DS and a 3DS. How do I actually go about transferring from Gen 3/4 to 6 now?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I asked about transferring from Gens 3/4 to 6 before. J was told I needed a Gen 5 game. I found my Gen 5 games. I have a DS and a 3DS. How do I actually go about transferring from Gen 3/4 to 6 now?

As far as I know, the next-gen transfer process goes like this:
    • 3rd to 4th Gen - Insert 3rd Gen game in second slot of DS/DS Lite, and then load up the 4th Gen game and select 6 Pokemon to transfer. If you're using Diamond/Pearl/Platinum you have to wait 24 hours between transfers.
    • 4th to 5th Gen - Requires two DS's, activate DS Download Play on the one with the 5th Gen game and have 4th Gen game in other DS. You then have to play a minigame where you have to catch all the Pokemon if you want them to be successfully transferred.
    • 5th to 6th Gen - Transfer with the Poke Transporter feature, which requires Pokemon Bank

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Hi Everyone Which Game Should I Get?

Hi everyone my first and only pokemon game I have ever played was Pokemon Pearl which I enjoyed back then but recently I've been looking for a new pokemon game to play
    I heard X and Y was good but I feel like its too late to start those games now but Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are still kinda new so I was wondering which one should I get??

Thank you

Years
  • As the others said, I'd probably recommend playing X/Y first so you can get accompanied with the new changes in 6th Gen as a whole (plus learn the new Pokemon you may be unfamiliar with) and then do OR/AS.

In my opinion, it's always better learning new mechanics before playing a remake because OR/AS changed quite drastically compared to its original counterparts. Good luck and have fun playing!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This section is for 5th Gen games and you're asking about 6th, haha. I'm just going to shoot this over into Pokemon Gaming Central. :> To be fair though, you can't really go wrong with either, I'd say. I think you should start with XY just to get used to and understand new mechanics like the updated Exp. Share, Mega Evolutions, and Fairy type, but honestly, you can do that just as easily in ORAS. I just feel they're better explained in XY since that's where they are introduced. Also, the new Pokemon in XY are pretty awesome. But like I said, you really can't go wrong with either. It's not too late to start playing XY, though. They're still a part of the current generation, so there's that.

Also going to merge this into the question thread. :) Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back