• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Edit: Anyway would anybody be interested if I revived Unova: Dark Days which is my old RP. Here's the link if you want.

We seem to be lacking Unova and Kalos roleplays, would be nice to have a few.

What is everyone's favourite region to roleplay in? I quite like Kanto, probably because I'm familiar with that one the most (and I guess many other people are). I do like Kalos pokémon though, would be nice to see more of that region (or characters/pokémon from there) integrated into roleplays!

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like Kanto ;; I love Kanto. Haha. I'm a sucker for the original. In non-RP terms though, Johto is my favorite region. But Kanto for RPs.

Years
That's a hard one since they're all so interesting. My favourite region is Sinnoh, so I guess really that one is a good one. They're all good really with each having its own interesting positives and negatives.

I mean Hoenn has a lot of towns and interconnecting routes, but there's a lot of water which can be problematic to Journey RPs. But Unova has less routes and variety but is much easier to plan a route through. It all depends on what you're looking to do.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I don't really have a favorite region. When it comes to roleplaying, at least. You can explore it so much more, so I can't get enough of any of them.

Okay

And now for a word from our sponsors . . .

also known as an advertisement with a random banner that I just threw together in about five minutes

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So bad timing, with Hoenn Diaries and Lost Islands League being up, but this is the first time I've made a journey RP in Johto actually, believe it or not.

I had this urge to experiment with a more adventure game style, where you are required to choose from a few events in every chapter, and you'll do them together with the other players so you'll never have to feel like you don't know what to post about or that it's boring to write a long post on your own. And there'll always be consequences and surprises in the future, depending on what choices you made in earlier chapters. So most likely players will get happy and disappointed for every chapter xD If it all works, that is. I don't see why it wouldn't.

So yeah, it's accepted already so please check out Crossroads!
^ some pokémon available for capture in early chapters, yay!​

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Alrighty, time for another instalment of shameless advertising for Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale!

Kill things, make friends, make enemies, kill enemies, kill friends, make things... experience ADVENTURE! Or, uh... training for it, anyway. You're a D&D lover? Great! Not a D&D lover? Still great! Don't care! Once the RP starts, SCREW ALL THE GAMEPLAY RULES. I guarantee you won't be needing any dice for AiT. Hell, I don't think I even have any. Just write and play.

A weird old wizard, a mildly stupid idea, and a reluctant admin. Steel-on-steel, monsters and magic. Reliving history in the shoes of heroes, except it's slightly modified and will probably all go horribly wrong. What have you got to lose? Well, your money, possessions, and your immortal soul. Apart from that, though, there's no reason not to sign up! At least check it out, a wizard's beard is lonely without company...

OOC and IC threads are up, looking for some more activity to get this thing off the ground. Currently there are five open spaces and four filled. LET'S GET TO THE... uh... awkward first introductions... egh...

(Please note, 'shoes of heroes' is not an available item in the RP. Yet.)

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, so, since the reservation for the final spot in mine and Greiger's reboot of Shattered Era ran out, we are hereby opening the final spot as a Mechanist for our hopefully-epic, yet-to-start RP!

We aren't accepting reservations, so basically the first SU posted that gets my approval (Since poor Greiger is a bit illykins today), will be the newest part of our RP. Hope to see you guys there!

Shattered Era: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=317781

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
What is everyone's favourite region to roleplay in? I quite like Kanto, probably because I'm familiar with that one the most (and I guess many other people are). I do like Kalos pokémon though, would be nice to see more of that region (or characters/pokémon from there) integrated into roleplays!
Sinnoh and Unova because I'm the most familiar with them and they have such awesome history and lore. I'm fine with any other region, although that being said, Johto is the least known to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sinnoh and Unova because I'm the most familiar with them and they have such awesome history and lore. I'm fine with any other region, although that being said, Johto is the least known to me.
Cool, that's the exact opposite of me. I played the older games much more than the newer. I guess RPs situated in any region can find its proper players here then :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations SV, that's quite (another) accomplishment.

So, is there anything else you have planned to take its place?

Reactions: SV

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Skymin and/or Magic Fox, when you get the chance, please close the IC thread to Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning. After (over) two long years, it's finally finished!

I guess you could say it's not so much a New Beginning any more, so much that it's an, uh... Old Ending... Huh? Huh? I'll see myself out...

Anywho, congrats. It's nice to see something as potentially fragile as an RP seeing itself through right up to the end. Kudos!

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That's so awesome. I guess I'll add that to the list of finished RPs in the library ;)

Shattered Era should take its place!

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Greiger, is this where you finally change your theme from the Odyssey style?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hehe, perhaps. We'll see and I'm sure I can come up with something cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back