• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • I've seen Angel Beats about 3 times (love that show), so I'd be glad to help in anyway I can. AB is one of those shows that would just work fantastically as an RP, so I'm definitely interested.

Honestly, the moment the Highschool Band idea was brought up, I immediately thought of Girls Dead Monster. The idea an afterlife where those who have died with fulfilling youths reside as a prison (or sanctuary) where they can explore the regret and anger they feel for their wasted lives as well as the defiance of moving on and rejecting their own happiness as well as submitting to the will of "God" who they ultimately blame for their unfortunate lives is a perfect setup for an RP filled with original characters.

Plus it has a nice video game feel to it, which was something they didn't even have to add (but it also made the audience for the show more varied and its presentation more attractive).

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2015
    Wow someone has thought deeply into it. I think we have found the man for the job.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Just to let everyone know who I haven't already told, I'm going on vacation to California for about two weeks and won't really have internet while I'm there, so I won't be doing any RPing. Soon as I get back, though, I'm gonna be posting Fargona!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Oh, um, okeydoke, I am also going on holiday, and I'mma post that I'm going right here because paranoia. Most likely won't be anything much, if at all from me for the next two weeks, but after that, I'll be right back - have fun without me, peeps, and if everything's gone to hell by the time I get back then I might just be a little cross :P See you all soon :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Is every RP adopting the phenomena known as JPing through online pads these days? I haven't been able to adapt as well ;; Most of the days I'm off to somewhere and browse PC on my phone, if at all, and pads don't work on it. Arrgh. And in the evenings I don't always have opportunity to sit down at my computer and access the JP pads. Which gets as a result that I fall behind really easily in JPs. But I admit, it's a really nice way of building posts together. I just need to get a better phone, I suppose?

Do you guys JP (joint post) much in the RPs you are currently in?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Is every RP adopting the phenomena known as JPing through online pads these days? I haven't been able to adapt as well ;; Most of the days I'm off to somewhere and browse PC on my phone, if at all, and pads don't work on it. Arrgh. And in the evenings I don't always have opportunity to sit down at my computer and access the JP pads. Which gets as a result that I fall behind really easily in JPs. But I admit, it's a really nice way of building posts together. I just need to get a better phone, I suppose?

It's kinda become a necessity in Atlantis, hahaha. It's a better alternative to the tiny posts we used to do beforehand as it can entail an entire conversation and pass time easier as well as maintaining continuity. But for users like yourself, it can become a bit tedious to access.

Personally, I prefer it when interacting with another person's character.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Is every RP adopting the phenomena known as JPing through online pads these days? I haven't been able to adapt as well ;; Most of the days I'm off to somewhere and browse PC on my phone, if at all, and pads don't work on it. Arrgh. And in the evenings I don't always have opportunity to sit down at my computer and access the JP pads. Which gets as a result that I fall behind really easily in JPs. But I admit, it's a really nice way of building posts together. I just need to get a better phone, I suppose?

Yeah, I certainly have. I'm currently in three roleplays, and in each one I've only made a single post on my own. The rest have all been joint posts made on mopad, and this is especially true in Pokémon Odyssey 4: so many joint posts, so little time. It's a really nice way to get some writing done, actually.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is every RP adopting the phenomena known as JPing through online pads these days? I haven't been able to adapt as well ;; Most of the days I'm off to somewhere and browse PC on my phone, if at all, and pads don't work on it. Arrgh. And in the evenings I don't always have opportunity to sit down at my computer and access the JP pads. Which gets as a result that I fall behind really easily in JPs. But I admit, it's a really nice way of building posts together. I just need to get a better phone, I suppose?

Whilst I was at work, I also found Joint posts difficult :( especially the ones between more than just two people. In some ways, it's a shame that back-and-forth posting isn't that common at the moment - I hope it's just since JP has gained more use rather than the former being frowned upon.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I'm thinking I have an idea for a roleplay, and it involves everybody's favorite game show host...

General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Years
  • @Adventure - I'm currently in four roleplays.

1. SV and Raikir's One Piece: The Golden Age - There is so much JPing in this one. I actually really enjoy it because it is the first time I have been thrown into an RP which consists primarily of joint posts. It has allowed for some really good posts.

2. RoseQuartz's Yokai Academy - This one is pretty mixed between solo and joined but I think solo posts have it.

3. Fragmented - It's been pretty mixed but I believe about four or five people out of the total twelve spots are writing a JP right now. It promises to be interesting since they have inadvertently created their own plot event.

4. Connections - It hasn't really gotten off the ground just yet, but I suspect a lot of JPing will happen due to the nature of the RP.

JPing can be hard but I tend to think the posts produced are usually better than solo posts.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    JPing can be hard but I tend to think the posts produced are usually better than solo posts.
    Yeah, I can agree there - especially since it's also more fun to write more intensively together with someone. Makes the text feel alive. I guess it's just my schedule these days that messes it up for me :p

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
    Years
  • I'm cooking something up. Lemme see if it collects sufficient interest first. I'll be surprised if anyone has even heard of it. Great game regardless. Wish the sequel came out in the western world. Get hype?

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm cooking something up. Lemme see if it collects sufficient interest first. I'll be surprised if anyone has even heard of it. Great game regardless. Wish the sequel came out in the western world. Get hype?

Spoiler:

I don't even know what the game is D: elaborate for noobs like me? :D

ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

In the coming weeks expect to see something new at RPC! We have an event in the works to celebrate the upcoming return of the Hoenn region! Expect a freeform event roleplay, with a contest element to win some lovely emblems - one person will even walk away with supportership (or an extra tier ;)).

Keep a look out, see you all there soon *wave*.

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
    Years
  • I don't even know what the game is D: elaborate for noobs like me? :D
    It's Survival Kids. An old GBC game where you play a kid that washed up on an island after the ocean liner had an accident. Your goal is to survive, first and foremost, but also to explore the island and learn about it. It's surprisingly deep. Had no idea it was as diverse as it is.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    A bit late for my insight on JPing, but here goes:

I think of JPing as a necessity for having some real fun in an RP - not only does it speed things up IC and allows quick communication between characters and players alike, it also brings together everyone, creating the sense of teamwork that we're all fond of and seeking in an RP. Speaking from experience, in Crimson Dawn, the best posts that have been made do not consist solely from my work, rather, they are the result of the deft collaboration online pads like EtherPad help us achieve. I believe that tool has great potential of revolutionizing forum RPing.

I'd like to say though that I often miss solo posts by others in my own roleplay; things tend to get out of hand in the story and require JPs most of the time. In this case, I'd like to pose a couple of questions that I think concern you all (especially GMs): do you think it's possible to overdo it with the joint posting? Does the time when you'll say, "enough, I want to post solo just for once in this goddamn RP" ever come?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back