• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 5 Kanto

Remake?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Well Generation 5 is coming up, and they are PROBABLY going to remake Hoenn since they seem to remake the games two generations earlier. Though some people think they won't remake FR/LG, because of HG/SS. Do you think GameFreak will.

EDIT: Or how about remaking Blue and Yellow?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Seeing as we've been able to access Kanto in every Generation so far, it wouldn't surprise me if you're able to travel there one way or another. That being said however, I don't believe we'll be seeing a remake of any Kanto-based games during Generation 5, maybe just as another region to visit like in G/S/C.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Seeing as we've been able to access Kanto in every Generation so far, it wouldn't surprise me if you're able to travel there one way or another. That being said however, I don't believe we'll be seeing a remake of any Kanto-based games during Generation 5, maybe just as another region to visit like in G/S/C.
    I doubt it would be as a second region, since we just had Kanto as a second region in HG/SS.

If Game Freak does decide to have Kanto in Gen V, it will probably be in a new remake.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • If they make more pokemon, it will fall dramatically. Over 400 pokemon is enough. They can;t make even more otherwise no-one will bother playing. All they can do now is remake i guess.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    No. Please, no more.

Kanto is great and all, but I'm sick of it. We've had to go back every generation. It started the 1st Gen. We had to revisit a somewhat boring Kanto with horrible leveling with the Gym Leader's Pokemon in the 2nd Gen. Then, we had the remakes in the 3rd Gen, which I personally didn't like at all. Don't jump to conclusions. I didn't hate the game just because of nostalgia. I mean, I didn't even play Yellow until after Sapphire, and FR a year or so later. I hate liking or disliking things based on nostalgia, really. Oh, and we're going back to Kanto again in HG/SS in this 4th Gen.

That being said, they could probably remake/throw in Kanto in the 5th Gen, anyway. I could see them remaking Yellow, I guess. But it would annoy me.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • No. Im sick and tired of kanto. Ive been to that region so many times I know exactaly where to go lol. Dont get me wrong I love kanto, but Im tired of seeing it in every generation.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • I won't bother posting a lot, since my opinion is basically the same as almost everyone else in this thread - i'm sick of Kanto, and I don't want it in Gen V in ANY WAY.

It will most likely appear though. GameFreak will not let go of their beloved first region for ONE ENTIRE GENERATION. WOAH! Big deal.
    -_____________-.

Jacobguy26

Crobat Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    My guess is they won't redo Kanto in Gen V. I loved the Gen I games. Silver, Gold and Crystal were the best games ever IMO and had Kanto. FR and LG were not very good :/. And its being redone in HG SS. I guess they will redo Ruby and Sapphire, give it another shot.

Years
  • i liked FR, but i'm tired of Kanto. I still have yet to see Johto actually. Its probably too soon for a nother game with Hoenn in it i think.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
  • No, i do not think that they will. with the backward compatibility from R/S/E/FR/LG to D/P/Pt and possibly (i don't know, but someone else probably does) HG/SS, there really isn't a need for ANOTHER Kanto remake.

Years
  • I reckon they will stick to the new Game Freak trend from generation III by the means of making a new region, 100+ new Pokémon and two games first, then either do a remake of a region two generations back like they did with Red/Blue to FireRed/LeafGreen and also Gold/Silver to HeartGold/SoulSilver then they proberly will do the same for Ruby/Sapphire then for measure a third game to the first in the Generation to make a trio because they done it with Red/Blue then gave us Yellow, Gold/Silver then gave us Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire then gave us Emerald then Diamond/Pearl then gave us Platinum and now going back to the remake theory the only way we will find out if they are going to make one is when they finally release the Generation V series we will only have to look at the game coding for hints towards Hoenn just like rom hackers did with Diamond/Pearl and found hints towards Kanto/Johto, this is just my theory and don't take it seriously because I am just speculating

PS. Sorry about the long winded essay.
    PPS. They will proberly say goodbye to Kanto for a while until they release the next DS hardware to be able to make higher capacity DS cards to be able to let you go to every region.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Well, I'm also sick of Kanto.
    A Hoeen remake would go nice.
    But really, no more pokemon.

Back