• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation Showdown

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    :)Who do you think is the greatest trainer out of these!!

Red, Gold, Blue, Emerald and for those who like to dis him..... ASH!!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Red > Gold > Green.

I'm talking about the games, obviously.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Well I mean if he IS going by Adventures(seeing as Emerald is on there), didn't Emerald beat all the Dexholders in a fight or something like that at the end of his arc? Dunno how Ash would fair really depends on his team I guess....

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    If we're going by the games, I'd go with Gold.
    Red may have been the original Pokemon Master, but Gold went through a longer journey and not only became a master through the league, but he beat Red who had spent years training before Gold got to him (which I assume only took a few months).

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Green, Kris, May, and Dawn.

Hey, somebody has to stand up for the girls. :rolleyes2:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • All of them. Because all of them are me, the player! {XD}

Green, Kris, May, and Dawn.

Hey, somebody has to stand up for the girls. :rolleyes2:

Honestly, Dawn is the best. Having to beat Cynthia and her bullshit of perfect IVs, Double Team Spiritomb, Garchomp that's fast and counters everything, Milotic and other crap, she deserves a big ass trophy for that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Honestly, Dawn is the best. Having to beat Cynthia and her bull**** of perfect IVs, Double Team Spiritomb, Garchomp that's fast and counters everything, Milotic and other crap, she deserves a big ass trophy for that.

Not to mention, she had to traverse through a frigid, mountainous region in the tiniest miniskirt ever. She HAS to be tough! {XD}

Years
  • Silver, or whatever, if we're not choosing from those options. Otherwise, you don't tend to assume that Gold is a trainer in the same way as Red game-wise, but probably either Ash or Red, or the player-character depending. Ash might be stronger than Red in some respects, with an older, more similar team, but might be more likely to send out random Caterpie in tense situations and such.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Red will always be the ultimate Pokémon Master, you can't take that away. He's basically in a league all his own.

Outside Red's level, Cynthia is definitely the best. I doubt I even need to explain why.

Back