• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation V,finally confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yes folks,now there's no room for doubt.As the previous week more and more information surfaced as to a new Pokemon generation,today Nintendo of Japan confirmed a new Pokemon game with new critters,a new land and new gameplay mechanics.What's better is that the article itself is in English,so no more Google translate ambiguity.
    Once it's loaded just scroll down after the HG/SS info.
    Clicky!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    As long as it's:

a)on DS
    b)coming out this year in Europe

I'm happy, as i hate this waiting for Hg/Ss

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    As long as it's:

a)on DS
    b)coming out this year in Europe

I'm happy, as i hate this waiting for Hg/Ss

Yeah, it's on DS, but they might make it exclusive to the DSi. Also, they said it would be coming out later this year in Japan. That probably means sometime in the fall, and that implies a Spring 2011 release for the USA. So Europe may be sometime around then, or later.

Also, there is already an official thread for Gen 5. No need to make a new one.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    awesomeeee. I have 2 sides to the console idea. I just got the dsi and I really dont care if this game is dsi exclusive. But on the other hand that means pokemon fans will have to buy the dsi if they havent already got one. That can really turn people off from the new game.

They might just stick to the DS and not make it exclusive to only the dsi. Either that or introduce a new console. I highly doubt that since the nindendo dsiLL was just released. BUT OH MY GOSH A NEW GENERATION THIS EARLY! eee Im excited :D :D :D :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Note that it actually isn't confirmed (but is likely to be a 5th gen game). It having new Pokemon and all doesn't mean it is, at any rate - thy don't say how many Pokemon, or what role they serve. 3rd gen had a game with new gen Pokemon in it for instance - Pokemon XD which featured Munchlax and Bonsly as cameos. Maybe Game Freak is making a spin-off game (which could fature a new land, new gameplay mechanics and some new Pokemon too) that still fits in the 4th gen? Not impossible, so it's not confirmed yet (as the article which btw is nearly a week old doesn't say it's a new generation or what 'role' the new Pokemon have).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back