• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Generation V isn't the same for me.

kazemaruhaya

Laura Swift
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    I've grown up playing Generation II, III and IV, but Unova has kind of ruined Pokemon for me.
    It's an alright game, and I can play it, but I completed the others and I don't have the same drive to complete these ones. I've had Pokemon Black since it came out and I haven't finished it - it normally takes me a month.
    Its not age, I think its just getting rather samey. If you get my gist.
    Anyone else agree? :3

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Well, you're not alone. ;) Even though I haven't picked up any of the previous generation games, I can't disagree with the fact that you've raised quite an interesting point. I've checked the review for Black and White a few years ago at the time of release, and the reviewer once said that the 'Pokemon formula' as they called it is similar to the previous games.

So yes, it may get boring if you've already grabbed the previous generations.

Pinta77

I can see why people get bored of it, but I haven't gotten bored of it myself yet. I enjoyed/am enjoying Gen V quite a bit. Some of the pokemon are bleh >.< like that klink character, but other then that I like it.

For me, it's kind of a "kick back and enjoy" kind of game. I normally play it when I don't have anything to do like during class (I'm not a good role model ;) ) or before I go to sleep.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • See, this is why Gen V is by far the most controversal gen in the series, because of what kaze wrote for this thread she created. GF must do something to keep people like her from getting bored to keep the franchise alive, because losing consumers while gaining newer ones isn't a good sign of a franchise's quality compared to its debut appearance in the market.

Years
  • I played it less than the other gen games, but if you leave it for a while and come back, you will enjoy it like I did.

I played the hell out of 4th gen games, and when 5th gen came I tried to do that as well, but it's a bit harder to do it with 5th gen. Not sure why, it just seems slower + more talking.

Overall, I think gen V was a huge step up from the previous gens in terms of gameplay, story and features.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • It IS kind of the same thing, but I actually really enjoy playing BW. Only downfall was when I found out that there wasn't any Safari Zone in Unova.

Years
  • I actually loved these games, there was nothing boring at all, especially in B2/W2.

The improved gameplay was what made me love it, not to mention loads of Pokemon!

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
    Years
  • Well, I got B2 on Saturday, March 2 (2013) and I've already reached the post-game. I love gen V, definitely an improvement on previous generations. I haven't even tried out the dream world yet!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Whoa I think 5th gen might be the best yet, and I had 999:59 hours in my Gold cartridge (showing you how much I loved Johto). I also loved Sinnoh to bits. But 5th gen is beautiful, might be the fact they pushed the DS really far, but it was lovely. The world, the speed, the characters, the music... And of course the Pokémon. Admittedly Vanillite makes me want to eat ice cream every time I see one, but all of them were really cool, even Garbodor, who looks like a disgusting thing and, well, this is what they were going for, right?

Don't know why people complain about Klinklang... Since Magneton is just a fusion of three Magnemite as well... >.> I mean, when there's a whole type based on mineral things (Steel), you're bound to see Pokémon based on inanimate things.

Loved Magnezone though.

Back