• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation VI

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
  • I don't. It would be overdoing it and ruin Eevee.
    Make a new pokemon that evolves into different "species", or one that evolves into different "technique"-users.

Eevee is not a mutant or something.
    Eevee is a normal pet gaining full "elemental" powers.
    Not "evolves into everything you can imagine"
    hmpf :P
    Dream on if you want, just saying that I seriously doubt there will ever be more from the looks of it. Glaceon and Leafeon pretty much covered the last appropriate types for this.

On-topic:

I want the pokeradar back. And working on water/in caves.

There is basically two kinds of approaches they used till now.
    A. Fresh start (Kanto,Hoenn,Unova)
    B. Complimentary/Expansion (Johto, Sinnoh)

Kanto was a completely fresh start obviously, since it started the franchise.

Johto was an extension of Kanto.
    It was right next to it, still mostly populated by Kanto pokemon.
    While there were some new faces in the common wild, generation 2 was mostly special, hidden pokemon.
    In other words, if you just run through Johto a bit, 90% of what you meet is genI.
    If you want to see new pokemon you have to check special places, like
    -headbutting trees
    -fishing
    -play in the morning/at night
    -hatch eggs, breed
    -try new evolutionary items
    -collect phone numbers to get calls about rare swarms
    so it is a like an extra round to Kanto. Its more of the same unless you search hard enough.

Hoenn wanted to do a new take, doing what Johto did not. Introducing tons of new "common" pokemon. It still relied on many old pokemon to fill average encounters. But it added plenty of exotic places. And that's where it shined and where most of the interesting type combinations and usually rare features were used on common pokemon. It explored where the limits were, and how diverse pokemon can get.
    That's why I call generation III the "exotic" fresh start.

Sinnoh.
    In a nutshell, it is the same approach as Johto, but on steroids.
    Johto built on Kanto, Sinnoh built on everything before it.
    They laid out one bigass region, filled it with many pokemon from all past regions, and the new ones... guess what
    -honeytrees
    -hatching eggs, or encountering babies in the wild
    -new evolutionary items
    -rare in marsh
    -or even have to catch Unown for it to appear in a single cave (Hippopotas)

Unova. The actual real fresh start.
    With Sinnoh having gone berserk and evolving everyone and their mother, it was the perfect time to go faaaaaar away, and forget every single one of the ~500 pokemon you ever saw.... until BW2 I guess lol. Since that was a too big culture-shock for veterans.

I loved every single one of these approaches and it all fits together nicely.

At first I thought the next generation will be an extension of Unova, but I realised as time passed on, that Unova is much better thought through and rounded up. It can stand on its own feet, and has barely anything to evolve or breed. And especially story-wise, BW2 will wrap it up to a nice radical package.

Following the pattern... the next thing up would be another extension. Maybe like Sinnoh. With everything from everywhere, evolving several pokemon of all generations..
    but somehow I doubt it.
    I'm confident something interesting is ahead.

What I would personally do, is a mix.
    A mix of approach B and a Hoenn revisit.

Meaning. You go to Hoenn again, but more than a decade has passed since the events of RSE. Several new locations, many locations have changed. The core places would still resemble themselves to unleash the power of nostalgia regardless of it being a fully new adventure.
    Meeting old people, new people. You get the idea.

New pokemon? Yes. But say ~70. More like GSC.
    All the new ones are hidden in newly discovered places and through methods similar to Headbutt/Honey-trees, at previously inaccessible diving spots, also with a big focus on
    deep sea fauna,
    Generation VI
    Generation VI
    Generation VI

and underground caves.
    Generation VI
    Generation VI

maybe there was more than just one mushroom and nut in Petalburg woods?
    Generation VI
    Generation VI

It would also evolve some pokemon or give them alt. evolutions, but in a smaller pace ala Johto.
    Of course more explanations regarding the golems.. a few more legendaries even. A creepy underground trio perhaps...
    Generation VI
    Generation VI
    Generation VI

I have specific ideas for more plot legendaries to fit Hoenn... it was all about weather. The main legends caused permanent sunshine and rain. Or stopped it alltogether. But there is more than those two kinds of weather in the pokemon games. Which were given to Tyranitar and Abomasnow before making their debut on a legendary.
    What if the Hoenn desert started to travel around a bit? What if that mysterious source of the cold cave below the Shoal cave holds a secret? Might Maxie/Archies sons be inspired by their fathers tales, do some research and find out about some less known deeper legend of Hoenn? Would they create new villainous teams?

Ba dum tsssss.

RIP boring remakes.

If they really did that, these would be the new stages I'd wanna see (of course better than my fakemon D:):
    Generation VI
    Generation VI
    Generation VI
    Generation VI

Generation VI
    Generation VI
    Generation VI
    Generation VI

Last edited:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • Hoping for an evil team with a bit more awesome to it. Like, something where the grunts are more of a challenge, and there are better admins and leader that are more interesting....

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2012
    I understand what you mean about Eevee ... I thought Espeon and Umbreon were cool, a unique twist, completely unexpected, and honestly I like them a lot. I think Leafeon and Glaceon were kind of pushing it ... but now that they have 7 different evolutions for Eevee, I think they might as well finish it up and do one for each of the other 10 elements (or 9 ... since Eevee itself is already a Normal-type Pokémon).

Some of the new Pokémon nowadays is questionable, but I feel like that with every new batch ... including the original 151! I don't like things to end, so I'm all for new Pokémon ... I just wish the creators can try and be a little more unique (personally, I would love a Pegasus-inspired Pokémon ... or even a whole Greek series!).

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • (personally, I would love a Pegasus-inspired Pokémon ... or even a whole Greek series!).

Who knows. The next generation might be europe inspired and have more direct greek mythology based stuff, or norse could be fun too.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Generation VI

This caught my eye.

It's like a devolved STARYU. What if instead of Generation VI we went to Generation 0, like prehistoric POKeMON world, where we would have not baby POKeMON of well known POKeMON but like, ancient versions of said POKeMON?

Years
  • Generation VI

This caught my eye.

It's like a devolved STARYU. What if instead of Generation VI we went to Generation 0, like prehistoric POKeMON world, where we would have not baby POKeMON of well known POKeMON but like, ancient versions of said POKeMON?
    I would definitely play a game like that.

And I know a lot of people don't feel this way, but I like the seclusion of generation V, in regards to only new Pokemon. I mean it's just a party pooper when you're running around in the grass, thinking you're going to see a new species, when a Zubat or something appears.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    I agree, i don't see how so many legendaries can be hidden after all of this time. Maybe Gamefreak should come up with a new theory, a Pokemon creator or something.

Also i like the Underground Trio. They look cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Let's see...

1. More split evolutions. I like the idea of Pokemon being able to evolve into different forms.

2. Leave all the Kanto-Sinnoh Pokemon alone. No new evos or pre-evos for any of those. I'll leave Unova open just because it was the most recent, but I liked that they came up with 156 totally new Pokemon for Gen 5.

3. Older brother/sister is Champion. Just an idea I've had for a while, that you would be the younger brother/sister trying to live up to your older sibling's reputation and challenge him/her for the Champion title. (In a way similar to RBY)

That's just some random thoughts. Now, as far as new Pokemon go.... (these are just some things I'd like to see!)

1. I would like to see Pokemon's version of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellation: the Azure Dragon, Black Tortoise, Vermilion Bird, and White Tiger. I know Digimon did this already, but they were also used in Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha, so I don't see why Pokemon can't use them too. And since they are related to seasons, and B/W introduced season change, perhaps they could use that feature some way to make these work.

2. Someone said it earlier, but a Legendary Pegasus would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Marlo

Missing Person
    Years
  • I've seen some really good concepts for Pokémon, but too bad none of those artists actually work for the company. The last time they let a westerner design Pokémon, we get a golem and an ice cream cone.

Six generations... I can't really imagine it, but I'm sure Pokémon's going to be milked until it dies a shameful and late death, sadly. I've already started to see it since the fourth generation.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Six generations... I can't really imagine it, but I'm sure Pokémon's going to be milked until it dies a shameful and late death, sadly. I've already started to see it since the fourth generation.

That's a scary thought for a series I love so much.

Years
  • What if instead of Generation VI we went to Generation 0, like prehistoric POKeMON world, where we would have not baby POKeMON of well known POKeMON but like, ancient versions of said POKeMON?

Sir.....You are a genius.
    That is the best idea i have heard ever and would be revolutionary in not just the pokemon gaming franchise but i thing video gaming in its entirety

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i like the prehistoric idea but it seems like it would be more of a finale for the pokemon series then it would for another generation. but i do like the idea of it.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • I've already started to see it since the fourth generation.

Im sure that has to do with how you simply accepted the old pokes without questioning their designs or looking for odd ones, while any new one is checked for weirdness right away.

I mean, you do realise there is a pokemon that is 6 partially broken eggs with faces, eh?

Back