• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generations

What's your favourite generation?

• Total voters

Sephychu

Moo.
    Years
    • :O
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    It would have to be the first generation, no doubt. Nothing is cooler than the originals. <3

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    2nd gen has always been my fav, i like 3rd gen metagame a bit more than 4th gen cauz its more challenging but over all 4th gen metagame isn't THAT terrible and its still pretty fun...1st gen brings back memorys...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    2nd gen is my favorite, personally. I just liked the 'neo' look of all the Pokemon. Plus, Smeargle is my favorite Pokemon ever.

Years
    I didnt get much from the 1st gen. [Only the Eps]

I didnt know much about 2nd for quite a while [Mainly the Pokemon]

3rd gen is my fave, it is when I really started to like pokemon and I like quite alot of the pokemon from it and the advanced stuff in the game is much better.

4th gen was great too, but, I still prefer 3rd.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    The second generation. Raikou, Ampharos, Typhlosion, Ho-oh...

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Either the First or Second. I prefer the designs of the First, but I prefer the land of Johto over Kanto.

~Psychic

Years
    I like the first gen most. Its the first and original one. I also have lots on memorys of the 1st gen when I was younger.

I also like the 3rd gen.

Years
    Always gonna be the 1st generation for me! I like virtually all the Pokemon in the 2nd Generation as well =)

3rd Generation is around the time I went away from Pokemon, and I really don't like a lot of them from this generation anyway.

I don't mind 4th generation, its ok.

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
    Years
    like the rest fond memories from gen one when you get your starter and your off on that long journey to catch and train them all what a wonderful feeling and i get that feelling everytime a new gen comes out new places and smiling faces lol so for me 1st Gen and a big fan of Gen 3 aswell do to the legendaries

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I don't get why most people dislike the 4th generation! It is one of the best, you can get every Pokemon, A whole new set of badass Pokemon! There is no fault, oh a few more baby Pokemon... so what, it would be annoying if every new Pokemon was an evolve of Butterfree, it would just be boring, baby Pokemon are just like evolves... new moves... it's just, you know... fun...

Years
    I don't get why most people dislike the 4th generation! It is one of the best, you can get every Pokemon, A whole new set of badass Pokemon! There is no fault, oh a few more baby Pokemon... so what, it would be annoying if every new Pokemon was an evolve of Butterfree, it would just be boring, baby Pokemon are just like evolves... new moves... it's just, you know... fun...

I dont think 4th gen is hated by anyone.

It just hasnt got many votes because its a "close second" for most people. [Like me]

Anti

return of the king
    Years

I'd have to disagree. I AM one of those people who hates 4th gen, so what I say is probably a bit biased...I'll try to be fair here. Now then:

4th generation's metagame I hate, but it's not even that. It's the pokemon designs. I mean, baby pokemon have always been pointless, but I could tolerate them since younger fans surely thought they were cute or whatever. But the new baby pokemon, excluding mantyke (<3), are just horribly designed. Just look at Happiny. I mean, it looks like a small little mini-blissey with a pair of trousers too big, so it stuffed an egg in a pocket (sorta O_O) to keep them from failling down :0

Not only that, but then look at the other new pokemon. Tangrowth is kind of...weird, and seriously, Magmortar ate too many lava cookies or something because it looks really...strange. Rhyperior...I don't call it "Rhyinferior" for nothing. It looks like that design was rushed as well.

Ingame, D/P was quite fun, but the pokemon designs hurt my eyes and ingame is easy anyways. I mean, most fans look beyond the Weak 4.

I wouldn't call the new pokemon cool really...Just look at our poor friend probopass, and magnezone. They kind of destroyed once-cool pokemon, like rhydon, magmar, and magneton.

Though there are some cool D/P pokemon, like Dusknoir and the likes.

I don't know, it just seems to me like 4th gen's sprites were rushed, for many more than just the new pokemon. Just check Zapdos.

Meh, that's just my opinion, I tried to stay calm ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Ooh, difficult. I'd say 2nd and 3rd are my faves-- I really got back into Pokemon in 3rd generation, and I loved some of the gameplay changes, but I loved loved LOVED the Pokemon designs for 2nd gen. I think they're the most creative of all!

To me, 1st gen is a little too bland, partially because I'm so used to it (it's so classic!) and partially because I think they got much better in 2nd gen. 4th gen I haven't learned enough to form an opinion, but I felt like there weren't enough gameplay changes from 3rd gen, and there were a LOT of Pokemon with really unattractive designs. But since some of my all-time-favorite Pokemon are now fourth gen (Infernape, Arceus), I can't diss it that much.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I don't really care what you guys think, I always like the new Gens, because if you played the same old game all the time, always the same Pokemon, nothing new, ever, maybe better graphics. It just wouldn't be as fun...

I love all the gens, mainly the 4th gen.
    ;) I will like what I like.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't really care what you guys think, I always like the new Gens, because if you played the same old game all the time, always the same Pokemon, nothing new, ever, maybe better graphics. It just wouldn't be as fun...

I love all the gens, mainly the 4th gen.
    ;) I will like what I like.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was only trying to state the fact I strongly disagree ;)

Also, about its metagame, 4th gen's is 90% offense. I don't know about you, but having 10-turn battles are no fun.

Years
    Gen 1, excluding yellow. I grew up with pokemon, the style is just inferior now. Back then, they looked like animals and monsters, now they just look like kiddy costumes. They should bring the gritty back. Jeez, it wasn't ugly or frightning, just more impressive.
    These are just so much better than the horrid redesigns

Last edited:
    Back