• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generations

What's your favourite generation?

• Total voters

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    my fav is the 3rd generation and i don't like the 4th generation one single bit

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I voted 1st gen without really thinking about it, but now that I have I would have to say it's actually 3rd gen. I just love it. Cool Pokemon, fun plotline, great animation...I <3 it.

Vendour

Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    I wish I could vote for both first and second gen, but since I can't it's gotta be first gen. First gen takes the cake. Third gen sucked, and I didn't think it could get any worse, until fouth gen came along. These new Pokemon are looking dumber and dumber for the most part.

Last edited:

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    I'd have to disagree. I AM one of those people who hates 4th gen, so what I say is probably a bit biased...I'll try to be fair here. Now then:

4th generation's metagame I hate, but it's not even that. It's the pokemon designs. I mean, baby pokemon have always been pointless, but I could tolerate them since younger fans surely thought they were cute or whatever. But the new baby pokemon, excluding mantyke (<3), are just horribly designed. Just look at Happiny. I mean, it looks like a small little mini-blissey with a pair of trousers too big, so it stuffed an egg in a pocket (sorta O_O) to keep them from failling down :0

Not only that, but then look at the other new pokemon. Tangrowth is kind of...weird, and seriously, Magmortar ate too many lava cookies or something because it looks really...strange. Rhyperior...I don't call it "Rhyinferior" for nothing. It looks like that design was rushed as well.

Ingame, D/P was quite fun, but the pokemon designs hurt my eyes and ingame is easy anyways. I mean, most fans look beyond the Weak 4.

I wouldn't call the new pokemon cool really...Just look at our poor friend probopass, and magnezone. They kind of destroyed once-cool pokemon, like rhydon, magmar, and magneton.

Though there are some cool D/P pokemon, like Dusknoir and the likes.

I don't know, it just seems to me like 4th gen's sprites were rushed, for many more than just the new pokemon. Just check Zapdos.

Meh, that's just my opinion, I tried to stay calm ;)

i totally agree with you 100%. i couldn't have said it better. and just to add, THERE ARE TOO MANY LEGENDARIES!! i mean, aren't they supposed to be "legendary" because they are more rare than the rest?

ok, now the positives of the 4th gen, because on one hand, yeah, well what is above is one hand, but on the other, there are some great characteristics of the 4th gen. for one, i will admit that dialga, palkia, giratina, and shaymin are some of my favorite legendaries. i do believe they did a great job designing them. second, if you look at lucario, luxray, floatzel and garchomp are some of my favorite pokemon of all time. i loved the more 3-D look and feel to the game, that was pretty sweet. i was very happy ^_^ i also like how you can put all of the pokemon on one game, with good graphics, and you can battle with them all on battle revolution. i also love how the sprites move!! remember before we had to wait for that 3rd game to come out to see them move? not anymore!!

so aside from the negatives, there are some positives that i think make the game definitely one-of-a-kind.

personally, i am a first generation fan, it started it all, and that's the generation i grew up with! so i guess i'm one of the original fans that still loves it today ^_^

i did notice that most people chose the generation they grew up with (not in all cases, but a lot of them), but that doesn't surprise me. repping their generation!! i sure am ^_^

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i guess i'm more surprised that more people haven't voted for the 4th gen... maybe because it's still really new and everyone is still kinda getting used to it though. i remember when i didn't really like the 3rd gen that much, but after awhile, i got so used to it, and i really like it now.

with the 4th gen though, i just sorta dove right into it. i'm a lot more comfortable with the pokemon, i like them overall (except the baby pokemon... but that's nothing new), the battles, i even like the show better than the 3rd gen shows.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    I loved 1st generation, thats the generation I grew up with. I still love all of the original Pokemon and none of the legendary pokemon right now can stand up to Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo

Back