• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

generic what clothes do you wear thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What's your favourite clothing brands/stores?
    Where do you do most of your clothes shopping?
    How much clothes do you have?
    What's your favourite item of clothing? post pics for bonus points

Include footwear as well plz, how many pairs, what kind of shoes (sneakers, boots, idk you tell me) favourite brand if any

How close is your wardrobe to your ideal wardrobe? if you could wear any kind of outfit you wanted, regardless of price or societal norms, what would it be?

Just tell me everything

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I mostly just shop at Walmart, but I do shop at Hot Topic for t-shirts every now and then. I also love DC shoes because I've had good luck with them. Oh, and I wear a lot of animal hats as well. I love hats that are designed like animals, like cats and also character hats like Eeyore and Jack Skellington. I also have a lot of clothes, but it's mostly t-shirts and stuff. I only have one pair of jeans, and they are capris. I have a few pairs of track shorts. I'm a bit of a tomboy if you haven't noticed lol

Also, I wear whatever I want, regardless of social norms, anyway. XD So, I couldn't really tell you that lol.

This is one of my favorite shirts:

Spoiler:

Loki ftw. <3

These are the hats I'm talking about btw:

Spoiler:

I'll post more or edit this post when I'm not lazy. DX It's six thirty in the morning, so sue me. >_<

Years
    Er, nowadays, I find myself being gravitated towards clothing from Forever21 because I've noticed that my pickiness in terms of choosing clothes has gotten worse \: Since they have multiple different sections devoted to certain styles, there's a lot of variety in one store that caters to what I would wear.

Before I lost weight, and achieved my ideal weight/body figure, I used to wear clothing conservatively, and casual; it's still the same, but I've ventured into other kinds of clothing items like high-waisted shorts, crop tops, etc. I'm not completely comfortable wearing them quite yet, but I'll get there c: In terms of ideal outfits, I follow Forever21's Instagram, and check it frequently. Some of the ones they've showcased I wish I could put together on my own. For some reason, every time I find an entire outfit that I'd be willing to buy, I can never seem to find the individual pieces in the store or online \: Either that or they never have my size.

Here's a couple recent outfits that I've worn. I'm slowly revamping my closet at this point :3

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I go with whatever cheap. So usually Walmart. But I have't shopped in over 3 years... so yea...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I have way too many clothes tbh. I have a terrible habit of spending way too much money on fandom tees. About half of my shirts are Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter and I have a fair few Doctor Who ones still. I also have a bunch of band shirts but I've only ever bought them from Rockfest when I really liked whoever was there. Other than that I love Old Navy for tank tops and sweaters and other types of shirts. I love everything I have but man I need to get rid of some stuff because I have more than I can wear really.

Bottoms are more of an issue for me tbh. I really don't feel comfortable in skirts and most dresses and it's rare for me to find stuff that fits my figure well. I don't want shorts that are higher than mid-thigh and capris look awful on me. So I mainly end up with well-fitting jeans in various shades that I stick with until they wear out and I have to go find new ones. And I have to find a new brand every time because things go ~out of style~ so fast. Gross. Pants shopping is gross.

What I like most though are sweater-dresses and thick leggings. But that's a really sad thing for me because it's rare to find leggings that aren't sheer at all and that have a good waistband. So I mean. I don't get to wear that kind of thing much.

For shoes I pretty much just have white tennis shoes, black work shoes, some kind of brown shoe, another kind of brown shoe with a heel, goldish flats, black flats, a pair of stupid crocs that I wear when I'm lazy, and an assortment of sandals. Nothing interesting tbh. I don't care about my shoes.

What I'd actually like to be able to wear is like, dresses with big poofy skirts and pretty embroidery and fancy stuff. But that's not practical at all haha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How to dress like me for when I go out with friends/school/etc!
    I wear a black square cut tank top as an undershirt. I like the neckline they have and it makes me look more flat. You can find the ones that I wear here. I never wear them by themselves, though.
    On top of that I wear American Eagle longsleeve plaid, usually western style like this. I don't tuck it in. I usually leave the bottom button unbottoned and button about three or four of them. Almost always roll up the sleeves to my elbows.
    If I need to wear a coat, I have a pretty light black faux leather jacket that gets a lot of compliments and "where did you get that?!" from other people. I can't find the exact jacket I wear, but it's from a brand called Chor and is very similar to this.
    Underwear is whatever. I wear trunks, boxers, and boxer briefs. I like the waistband showing, and all of my underwear have waistbands like this as opposed to waistbands like this. My pants/shorts always sit right below the waistband. Brands I usually go for are Evolve and Hanes.
    I almost always wear jeans when I go out, and they're almost always slim straight with a dark wash and usually with some texturing effects and fading, maybe some light to medium destruction. Jeans from Abercrombie/Hollister are my favorite, but most of my jeans come from American Eagle. I like button fly jeans rather than zippers.
    If I'm not wearing jeans I wear a beigey color khaki or chino pants.
    If I'm not wearing pants, I wear a beigey color cargo shorts.
    I always wear a belt. Always for style rather than keeping my pants up. A brown leather one with a slightly larger than belt width buckle. And I wear the tail of the belt flopping rather than putting it through the loops of my pants. I purposely got a belt larger than what I needed to have that!
    Ankle cut socks.
    If I wear shoes, they're always canvas sneakers. I have a black pair of Vans canvas sneakers and I have a blue pair of American Eagle.
    If I can't find clean socks to wear, I wear cheap rubber flip flops.

Last edited:
    Years
    I wear any clothes that are comfortable lol, I don't have a favorite place to shop. I can look through store after store and not find clothes that I like. x3
    So I just wear my boyfriends T-shirts...I have maybe 3 of my own shirts and one pair of jeans. xD
    I really need some clothes. ;-;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    What's your favourite clothing brands/stores? - Hot topic and JC Penny. I get all of my shirts from Hot Topic and then my jeans and shorts I get from JCP.

Where do you do most of your clothes shopping? JCP and Walmart.

How much clothes do you have? Probably about as much as 5 of your average citizens combined, multiplied by .73.

What's your favourite item of clothing? post pics for bonus points. - I have these jeans that I've had since I was in 5th grade. I've broken them in and now they fit great and feel so comfy.

Include footwear as well plz, how many pairs, what kind of shoes (sneakers, boots, idk you tell me) favourite brand if any - I have a pair of high top baby blue Nike's and I have a pair of bright yellow and black Puma's.

How close is your wardrobe to your ideal wardrobe? if you could wear any kind of outfit you wanted, regardless of price or societal norms, what would it be? - My wardrobe is close to what I want with social norms in place. Without social norms (and a better body) I would have skintight black suits. Some nice assless chaps. Glossy black leather everything. Lots of rips and tears in my clothes that make me more sexually appealing.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Most of my clothes come from Target and JcPenney so I have a lot of brands like Mossimo Supply Co. and Arizona Jeans Co., but also a lot of Levis , Converse , Vans and a few American Eagle stuff. I also go to Hot Topic for band t-shirt and pop culture stuff. I have and wear a lot of striped shirts, plaid/flannel and raglan tees. As for pants, I most have jeans. Most of them are slim straight, tapered or skinny and either dark washed or colored earthly /neutral colors. When it's warmer though, I wear shorts too, most of them cargos and athletic shorts, but I really want more plain non-cargo shorts and more flat-front shorts cause I'm starting to realize how awful cargo shorts look. I think I'm satisfied with the type of wardrobe I have, but have recently been wanting to change my style a bit more.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
    What's your favourite clothing brands/stores?
    Rue 21. I absolute love this store. I love the pricing and the fact that clothes last really long.

Where do you do most of your clothes shopping?
    My local mall (Rue 21, lids. etc) & Walmart

How much clothes do you have?
    A lot I couldn't even guess

What's your favourite item of clothing? post pics for bonus points
    My Black/Gray strip sweater that I got at Rue 21.
    My DC skate shoes that I bought with my first job.
    My Hats. ( I have to many to say ones my favorite.)

Attachments

• generic what clothes do you wear thread
      Hat.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 0
    • generic what clothes do you wear thread
      gray.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 1

Adore

Party.
    Years
    I like to shop at H&M, JC Penney, and Target for my basics. But I also like going to thrift stores. There's a few affluent neighborhoods near me, and going to their thrift stores is always fun. You never know what kinds of designer clothes you'll come across (at a steep discount) when you dig through the racks.

I don't have a count of how much stuff is in my closet, but it's enough. Most of it is pretty versatile too, so I can mix and match a lot.

As far as favorite items of clothing go, I couldn't pick just one. So here's an of outfit I threw together with most of them:
    Spoiler:

I also have a pair of white canvas Converse sneakers that I'm quite fond of. They're my go-to day-to-day shoe since they go with virtually everything I own.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    My style has changed a lot over the last year. At the moment, Topman and Quiksilver seem to be the two stores I'm most drawn to. I have a lot of Hollister clothes from two years ago that I wear just because I have them. I really like wearing crew neck jumpers or shirts with coloured pants.

Years
    My sense of clothing isn't like most other girls at my age, I usually don't like wearing jeans or dresses but I tend to prefer wearing simple t-shirts and shorts, or in winter I like wearing tracksuits. As for where I tend to get my clothes, my family is usually on a tight budget so we often buy our clothes at Target. They still look good for being cheap at the same time.

Back