• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genre-al Writing Tendencies

Years
  • I write almost everything, because I want to take off and I'm trying to get readers any way possible. Persona favorite, though... I dunno. Maybe Horror? I've a tendency to get kind of gory in my stories, given the chance. Adventure, though, for sure, although it's a tie-in to other genres. I never write Romance though.

Years
  • I primarily write thrillers and horrors, usually of the more psychological variety in more recent years although I don't really aim to stick with it. I'm becoming more willing to experiment with unfamiliar styles lately though, drama sounds like fun. I don't think there's any genre I'm actually opposed to writing.

I don't really aim to follow any specific tropes or trends when I write and mostly just do my own thing. Oftentimes though my own thing just happens to also be a trope or trend. Probably something I've picked up from others without realising.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I generally write a lot of fantasy and sci-fi. Generally, it's urban fantasy or sci-fi on the more whimsical side. I do try to stray away from those topics for practice, but it's what I enjoy writing most. I don't know if I generally use certain tropes too often, except for one, and that's the anime/superhero thing in which characters tend to have pretty definable characteristics outside of their personality. Stuff like Naruto or One Piece, where you could just say 'The stretchy pirate,' 'the clown pirate,' or 'the wood based ninja.'

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
    Years
  • I don't do one-shots, so I can only say from the three large projects (1 discarded, 2 actively writing) I had on my writing list.
    They are all Pokemon fanfic, so I'll count that as fantasy, as I deemed PokeWorld is not our Real-Life, where I look at the PokeWorld in the same mindset and thinking pattern as any other RPG fantasy world such as FF, Tales of, Zelda, etc.
    Then next is obviously adventure, where that is something Pokemon fanfic cannot missed. Through rather than the place the character needs to go, I like to focus on their internal conflicts and emotions, so it drama should come first before adventure.
    And within the PokeWorld filled with so much advance technology, it is a waste if not include some cyberpunk sci-fi genre elements.

Back