• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GenV Legendaries?

Subsmash

Hmm....What to put?
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    I just thought of this, what legendaries will Nintendo do for the next set of Pokemon games? They already have time and space and Arceus.....it's going to be hard to top that.

Subsmash

Hmm....What to put?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    We have Entei for fire, Suicune for water, and Raikou for Electric... I was thinking they could do a Fighting/Psychic/Dark legendary trio though

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Maybe they won't represent anything godly like Lugia, sort of Ho-oh rainbow pokemon doesn't seem godly like Dialga the pokemon of time

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Life and death?

ehhh thats all I could think of.
    Aren't those Cresselia and Darkrai?

With all those new legendaries in GenIV, counting with the GOD Pokémon, there is nothing else to talk about. This is the only evidence people have about the end of Pokémon. Anyways I don't think thats true. Nintendo can easily create a new generation without any legend. Or is it needed to have legends in each generation? No it doesn't.

Subsmash

Hmm....What to put?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    I remember reading somewhere on bulbapedia that someone in an interview said there will be another generation of pokemon games.

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • They need to have legendary cats of ghost, dark, and psychic

I think they could get mixed up horribly easy with the Eeveelutions if they don't make them all bulky and fat, which would destroy the whole idea about cats being agile and slender~

Gen IV had the most legendaries of any game, which would likely mean that Gen V is going to have more of them.

Gen 1 had 5 (with Mew), gen 2 had 6, gen 3 had 10, and Gen 4 had 14 - which means that Gen5 is probably going to have something between 14 and 18.

So, let's look at it this way.

Legendary trio: all games.
    Special cute mini event Pokémon: all games.
    Evil Legendary: gen I (Mewtwo), III (Deoxys) and IV (Darkrai).
    ---yes, Deoxys wasn't THAT evil, but it has stuff in common with the other two---
    Main two legendaries: Gen 2, 3, 4
    Third legendary: Gen 3 (Rayquaza), 4 (Giratina)
    Twins: Gen 3 (Lati@s), Gen 4 (Cresselia and Darkrai, Regigigas and Heatran (?) )
    The rest of the legendary groups were Gen4-specific.

So, Gen5 is probably going to have these legendaries:

Legendary trio (as Leafeon stated, ghost-psychic-dark? fighting-psychic-dark?)
    Main two legendaries (impossible to speculate on, I mean, look at Dialga and Palkia! They're probably going to have a very detailed body, though.)
    Evil legendary (I'm thinking ghost-dark like Spiritomb or Sableye - deformed ghost anyone?)
    Third legendary (see main two legendaries)

I'm too tired to write out the other categories, but you get the idea.
    Speculate freely from this! *phew*

This is Hana, signing out~

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
  • From everything I've seen so far and the Japanese game release in only 2 months and some odd weeks, I don't see any knew legendaries being thrown into the mix anytime soon. If so, it may be an event (like how you get Shaymin, Arceus, etc.). That Fighting/Dark/Psychic cycle interests me though, and with a common type and/or common species form, that could be entirely possible. But something like this to be included in the original HG/SS this far into game (figure of speech), I don't see it being this time around.

Also, HG/SS isn't really... generation V. It's just a remake of GSC with Platinum elements and figures mixed in (plus a few of its own :D). If anything, we need to label it something other than GenII Remake or GenV. That actually seems like a thought.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Also, HG/SS isn't really... generation V. It's just a remake of GSC with Platinum elements and figures mixed in (plus a few of its own :D). If anything, we need to label it something other than GenII Remake or GenV. That actually seems like a thought.
    No one said it was, it's still Gen 4.

I honestly hope they stop making more legendaries as they went entirely overboard with the Gen 4 legendaries. In fact, I hope they stop making new pokemon all together, add another 7 or so to get the shiny round number of 500, then just stop as it's becoming ridiculous.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I imagine a dragon trio of legendaries, while other god Pokemon are legendaries. I mean really, not all religions believe in one god. So there could be more god pokemon. Oh and throw in a few random ones, maybe something involving oceans..or even better, the wind.

Back