• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

George Zimmerman attempting to auction gun used to kill Trayvon Martin

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm a few days late in making the thread, so I'll link to a more recent article about how it has been temporarily pulled from auction, but he still plans to go through with selling it.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...von-martin-temporarily-pulled-auction-n574116

An auction listing for the gun George Zimmerman used to kill Florida teenager Trayvon Martin has been removed online after a slew of apparently bogus bids.

It's the second time the listing has been taken down. This time, it was following questionable offers from bidders — such as one who went by the handle "Racist McShootFace" — topping $65 million Friday on UnitedGunGroup.com.

The gun was initially placed for sale on GunBroker.com on Thursday. Just as the auction was set to open, a notification appeared saying the "item you have requested is no longer in the system."

Several hours later, the same listing went up on UnitedGunGroup.com. A spokesman for the website said he had spoken with Zimmerman by phone and agreed to list it after GunBroker.com was overwhelmed with traffic.

But on Saturday morning, United Gun Group said the listing had been temporarily taken down.

"United Gun Group was notified by George Zimmerman that he temporarily withdrew his auction to remove false bidders. He plans to re-list his property sometime this week for a shorter duration," it tweeted.

Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch volunteer, spotted Martin walking through his gated Sanford community in February 2012, and, not recognizing him, confronted the 17-year-old African-American. The two had an altercation and Zimmerman fatally shot Martin, who was unarmed.

He was acquitted in 2013 of second-degree murder in the shooting, which sparked a national debate over race and self-defense laws.

The listing for the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol described the gun as a "piece of American History." In the post, Zimmerman, 32, said he had recently gotten the firearm back from the Justice Department and had been contacted by people who wanted to buy it.

"However, the offers were to use the gun in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with," he wrote.

Neither Zimmerman nor his attorney have commented about reactions to the pistol being put up for auction, a move heavily criticized on social media.

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, said Thursday that "it's just shocking" the weapon was going to be sold.

"Somebody's actually talking about profiting from the loss of their child and it's just very hurtful to them," he told NBC News.

Zimmerman filed a defamation lawsuit against NBC News in 2012. A judge dismissed that claim in 2014. Zimmerman appealed, but a judge ruled against him.

If he could stop popping up in the news every few months for shit like this and simply die, that would be wonderful.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Honestly he makes himself seem like more of a scumbag every time he appears in the news. :/ I won't judge him guilty or not on the crime he was acquitted of, but he is such a suspicious individual himself. This is just trashy and gross - regardless of who the gun killed.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Who would even buy that :/

I think it's more an abhorrent power play on Zimmerman's part than attempting to get any real financial profit from the auction.
    He describes it as a 'piece of American history', which is pretty telling of where he views himself. :/

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    He is a racist **** and he knows it so. He is trying to get as much media attention as possible. He loves the attention. He is being an attention manhoar. In other news he had an domestic dispute with his girlfriend. So seriously I do not care and he going to jail for stalking, and then starting a violent fight with a young adult on purpose so he would use his weapon.

Honestly I do not really care about this person. He going to get what is coming to him eventually. As with Bill Cosby and reversal lawsuit. So I do not care. He caused violence in the South and probably inspired the shootings and murders in the north.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Codin

I think it's more an abhorrent power play on Zimmerman's part than attempting to get any real financial profit from the auction.
    He describes it as a 'piece of American history', which is pretty telling of where he views himself. :/
    I wish I had his ego, but sadly even I'm not that much of an American.

Years
  • This is honestly appalling. He's profiting off of his crime and nobody can do anything about it because the sale is breaking no laws. It's like he's going out of his way to cause the deceased's parents as much pain as possible. People like Zimmerman are a big part of what's wrong in the world.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Not surprising, honestly. He's actually gonna get himself got doing stupid shit like that but then again, what else is new. Can't wait tho... rot, ya dumb ****.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • He's at a point of his life that whatever he does it garners national attention. Can you imagine his daily life? The amount of hatred he receives day in and day out? lol I'm sure it's something none of us can even begin to imagine.

I think the idea of auctioning off the gun with the type of marketing he was doing was a silly idea.

Years
  • He's at a point of his life that whatever he does it garners national attention. Can you imagine his daily life? The amount of hatred he receives day in and day out? lol I'm sure it's something none of us can even begin to imagine.

I think the idea of auctioning off the gun with the type of marketing he was doing was a silly idea.

One could argue that he earned this attention by letting his racism lead to the loss of a young life. He may not have gotten prison time, but he should have to live with the consequences of his actions like anyone else.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It seems like Zimmerman is trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame, which is the type of person we're disgusted by.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    He's at a point of his life that whatever he does it garners national attention. Can you imagine his daily life? The amount of hatred he receives day in and day out? lol I'm sure it's something none of us can even begin to imagine.

George Zimmerman attempting to auction gun used to kill Trayvon Martin

I'm sure you can forgive my lack of empathy over the matter.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • . . . why is he . . . why does he still exist?

Sad thing is, I can easily see some old racist buying the gun for a large sum and hanging it up in their house or something. God bless America.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • On one hand it's his property and he's a right to do what he wishes with it. On the other hand I hate his scumbag guts. But at the end of the day we'd be no better than him in denying his ability to do what he wishes with his property, even if he deserves nothing more than a nice concrete cell to live in.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Its just a jerk move. I dont care what happens with the gun, but really? The one thing I would fear is if an extreme racist bought the gun to purposely murder someone with it. Sort of like how there is increased security at airports on 9/11 for people with a similar mindset.

Years
  • He auctioned the gun, yet accuses Trayvon's parents for not raising him right and wanting to "capitalize" on his death. Hypocrisy at it's finest

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Fucking disgusting and appalling. I really don't know what else to say about it. I can't even imagine how Trayvon's parents feel. They lose their child, this man is free, and then this stunt is pulled. Disrespectful, but I can't say I'm surprised that he would pull some stupid stunt like this.

Back