• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get 'em While They're HOT!!

Why no feedback?

• I don't really know how to use these in my game...

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Make tiles that are more useful for ALL games.

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
  • The important thing is that there's a coffee shop in Pokemon. XD
    Your tilemaking skills certainly are improving. Do you plan to make Pewter City next?

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • The important thing is that there's a coffee shop in Pokemon. XD
    Your tilemaking skills certainly are improving. Do you plan to make Pewter City next?
    Thank you, and, no, I'll do Pewter City after Route 2, which is next on my list. I plan on completely re-doing the buildings (and their interiors) of the Kanto Region.

-UPDATE-
    Good news and bad news, guys.

The good comes first:

Here's a sneak peak at what I have planned for my Viridian City map:

*I am only the owner of the buildings, which are free. All other tiles cannot be used, as they are part of a private tileset, and I do not want to specify which are public and which aren't (they were complied from multiple artists by a friend of mine).

Sadly, it's about the same size as Pallet Town, which is embarrassing for me as a mapper.

The bad news:

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and today is my last day of Spring Break, which means I can't churn out tiles/maps as quickly as I have been. I will most likely be updating only on the weekends, and without as much content as I have been posting recently. But, don't fear, because this will go on, and I will complete this project!​

marcc5m

what
    Years

• Oh, okay, then I'll change it to the fat one asap.

-UPADTE-
    Viridian City Custom Tiles (Completed 4/11/2011):

From left to right: Viridian Gym open, Viridian Gym closed, Coffee Shop (for the Old Man event), Police Station (an event from the anime), Old Man's house, Pokemon Mart, Pokemon Center, and Apartment.
    Got the door animations done too.​

I like these. A lot. These are public, right? I'm thinking of replacing my gigantic PC I'm currently using with yours and the Mart, and I'm sure I can work the Coffee Shop in somewhere ;)

Viridian City's map (or, from what we can see) is looking great too, and the roads add a hint of realism. You are planning on making a game with these, right? If so, it may be one of the few I actually play. And possibly actually finish, which I've never done before.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • I like these. A lot. These are public, right? I'm thinking of replacing my gigantic PC I'm currently using with yours and the Mart, and I'm sure I can work the Coffee Shop in somewhere ;)

Viridian City's map (or, from what we can see) is looking great too, and the roads add a hint of realism. You are planning on making a game with these, right? If so, it may be one of the few I actually play. And possibly actually finish, which I've never done before.

Yes, I actually plan on making this into a game. After I finish mapping all the towns/routes/event areas, I hope to employ a skilled RPGXP programmer that can tie everything together, and I will publish all of the resources, including the tileset I used, for others to edit and play around with.

And thanks, your encouragement means a lot! :)

-UPDATE-
    Here's Viridian City:
    Spoiler:

Is it just me, or is this REALLY UGLY? I feel like I let you guys down.
    I just churned this out for the sake of an update, but I'll definitely be taking maybe another week just to add much more variety and flavor.
    I especially hate the surrounding nature, it's too boxy.
    Also, as I re-do this, I'll be re-doing Pallet Town again, this time with my houses only.​

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    The map looks a little boxy. I't also recommend adding a little color variation the trees. I have a color variety pack using kyledov's public trees as a base, if you'd like to use it to save you some time.

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    These maps are truly amazing. I love you version of Pallet Town, it reminds me of my concept for my first city in my upcoming hack. :)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    You are one of the few-true pixel artist's left here. Congratualtions. ;) Your work is stunning, and I hope that you keep it up, as it does a fantastic job capturing the beauty of the Pokemon anime.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Well what do ya know, in my absence a new tile artist has popped up, and a very good one I may add. So, it appears that your doing this in a more firered/leafgreen style. One thing that pops out is that the police station is very saturated relative to the other tiles, so maybe fix that by decreasing the saturation a bit, nothing major, probably only about 5 units. Also, the marts color seems to be rather bland and could maybe stand a little more saturation.

Well, that's all for now. All I have to say is that's its nice to have another tile artist around, and I can't wait for more of your art.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Near-necro bump.

Also, looking at Viridian City, the Pokemon Center is kind of in an annoying location, especially since it can only be reached by going down that road.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years

• -UPDATE-
    I have some new tiles for you guysss.

TAH-DAHHHHH!
    It's Pallet Town, complete with unnecessary details like basketball hoops and trash bins. You can tell just how useful this sh!t is going to be for your games. In case you were wondering (and too stupid to figure it out on your own, which you probably are because you're spending insane amounts of time on a website about POKEMON! I mean, really? Grow up dude...) the thing on the right is my sidewalk. And it's unnecessarily complicated to understand, just the way you guys like it!
    Hope you guys have a terrible time figuring out how this crap will fit into your games as I have made the color pallet absolutely different from any other one I've come across, just so things would be extra tough on you guys!

LOVE YOU ALL!!! <4 <4 <4 <

-COMMENTS-

Near-necro bump.

Also, looking at Viridian City, the Pokemon Center is kind of in an annoying location, especially since it can only be reached by going down that road.
    That's how it was in the anime, but I don't here Ash complaining! Jeez man, lay off.

Well what do ya know, in my absence a new tile artist has popped up, and a very good one I may add. So, it appears that your doing this in a more firered/leafgreen style. One thing that pops out is that the police station is very saturated relative to the other tiles, so maybe fix that by decreasing the saturation a bit, nothing major, probably only about 5 units. Also, the marts color seems to be rather bland and could maybe stand a little more saturation.

Well, that's all for now. All I have to say is that's its nice to have another tile artist around, and I can't wait for more of your art.
    I'm glad you were gone. Why did you decide to come back? : (
    Yea, I know I'm good. I really don't mind the saturation on the Police station, and I'm the tiler, so HA! I win.
    Thanks for the compliments though!

You are one of the few-true pixel artist's left here. Congratualtions. ;) Your work is stunning, and I hope that you keep it up, as it does a fantastic job capturing the beauty of the Pokemon anime.
    Thanks man, it took long years of being alone and devoid of human contact as well as a dash of virginity to get me to this level. I'm proud that I have a talent in an art that I will use literally NEVER in the real world. That is, if I decide to grow up and get over Pokemon and my fear of sunlight.
    Wow, that got a little too personal for my taste.

You are an awesome tiler!
    THANK YOU, FINALLY!
    This is the kind of poignant, piercing criticism I look for when I open threads!
    All you other commenters TAKE NOTES!!

These maps are truly amazing. I love you version of Pallet Town, it reminds me of my concept for my first city in my upcoming hack. :)
    Thanks, but don't steal my ideas or I will send you nasty emails talking about my fantasies regarding your mother.

That's not a threat; that's a promise.

The map looks a little boxy. I't also recommend adding a little color variation the trees. I have a color variety pack using kyledov's public trees as a base, if you'd like to use it to save you some time.
    What insolence is this? I don't need your charity! Who do you think you are! Do you know HOW I AM?!?!?! I AM SLIMSHADY MAN!
    Get real, my maps are beautiful and perfect and without flaws, so get real.

@Canderis ONLY. NO ONE ELSE CAN READ THIS, SO STOP READING. WHY ARE YOU STILL READING NOT-CANDERIS?!?! GO AWAY WEIRDO!!
    Can you pleassseeeeee PM me the color pack? Thanks/

Last edited:
    Back