• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Get HG/SS to Work /Tested

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
  • Pokemon League Champion, I think you just linked to some roms.
    Patched or not, I don't think the patches themselves would be 16.38MBs, you're not allowed to link to roms.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I have no idea about R4s.

1. Download this No$GBA:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PVRA2UA
    - It DOES have extra firmware that runs HG/SS smoother.
    2. Download this patch:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3DM28SF
    3. Patch it. It's not really that hard to patch at all, so I don't feel the need to put directions for that.
    4. Input this code to bypass black screenzorz:
    020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000

5. Select "Action Replay DS" and click okay.
    6. Check the box next to the code you put in.
    7. Restart cartridge.

IN MY EXPERIENCE this works better than the first method. The patch does translate some things to English.

Andrew McKenzie

Years
  • I've been playing with the code on and I do experience freezing at random times but not as frequent as it was before.

My only concern is that whilst I'm playing on No$GBA, if it freezes, it crashes and then reopening the emulator and loading the rom again, I noticed my save is gone.
    And since these snapshot save things don't work for me either, it's rather annoying.
    I wish No$GBA had proper save states.

EDIT: Does anyone know of a solution to ensure that I can keep my save if the freeze happens again?
    Right now I'm just closing the emulator each time I save and reloading to sort-of reset the freezing clock(that's what I like to call it).
    But since I don't know when it'll happen, I have to be cautious and save every 5 mins or so, close, reload, play and repeat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I've been playing with the code on and I do experience freezing at random times but not as frequent as it was before.

My only concern is that whilst I'm playing on No$GBA, if it freezes, it crashes and then reopening the emulator and loading the rom again, I noticed my save is gone.
    And since these snapshot save things don't work for me either, it's rather annoying.
    I wish No$GBA had proper save states.

EDIT: Does anyone know of a solution to ensure that I can keep my save if the freeze happens again?
    Right now I'm just closing the emulator each time I save and reloading to sort-of reset the freezing clock(that's what I like to call it).
    But since I don't know when it'll happen, I have to be cautious and save every 5 mins or so, close, reload, play and repeat.

Thanks I'm trying it right now
    Close it after saving, then re-open. That ensures it wont be erased.

/said that earlier

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pokemon League Champion, I think you just linked to some roms.
    Patched or not, I don't think the patches themselves would be 16.38MBs, you're not allowed to link to roms.
    there patches... not roms just like the ones all over pokecommunity, in the rom hacking threads :) there not roms and a moderater knows this aswell (he/she thought they were roms but then i told him/her that they were patches...so there :)

Andrew McKenzie

Years
  • I've encountered two problems.
    Saving and then closing and restarting has ensured I don't lose my savefile.

But now I've beat Whitney and obtained the Squirtbottle, any wild pokemon or trainer pokemon I faint makes it freeze and crash.
    Trying to save it before or after I enter or exit National park freezes and crashes.
    None of this can be avoided as I need to fight at least one trainer before I can get through Sudowoodo and onto Ecruteak.

Any suggestions?
    Should I apply a freeze fix patch and then load game or...?
    Currently I'm using the code which has worked very well until now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    What i do in no$zoomer is I play for several minutes and save then I goto file-recently openly files and click the same rom. It also works if you click file- open and click the same rom. I recommanded you to get winds pro to get good performance. Pokethlon takes al power. You guys could use that code, or set it to Nds firmwire always. Here are my settings if this helps

Realtime, auto
    Gba Bios
    24 bit
    Opengl or nocash (Fast, but same speed in pokethlon)
    Vga
    Auto for both backup media
    100 watts
    Digital sterio
    High 44khz
    none/disable for multiboot
    fast/fast

The no$zoomer:

Directx 8
    size x2
    super2xsai
    20fps (no automatic skip)
    and in other tab, Extras are all uncheck

Here are these alternative patchView attachment 50039
    Make sure you patch the translation after the freeze-patch

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I've encountered two problems.
    Saving and then closing and restarting has ensured I don't lose my savefile.

But now I've beat Whitney and obtained the Squirtbottle, any wild pokemon or trainer pokemon I faint makes it freeze and crash.
    Trying to save it before or after I enter or exit National park freezes and crashes.
    None of this can be avoided as I need to fight at least one trainer before I can get through Sudowoodo and onto Ecruteak.

Any suggestions?
    Should I apply a freeze fix patch and then load game or...?
    Currently I'm using the code which has worked very well until now.
    You're supposed to use the patch and the codes.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I can use xDelta all I want, but it doesn't apply the patch.
    Or, I don't think it does.

Does it just take a while? o.o
    It create the ~patch.nds 0kb file, but I haven't noticed a difference in the actual rom's file size.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2009
    saving

I can't save....

like, after talking to mom and the menu comes up, i save. it says that i saved it, but when i restart, it makes me start over...

any help?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I love HGSS!!! I wish they would come out sooner in Australia!!!
    ...The ROMs are on the internet, they can be downloaded. Which means, anyone in the world can play them.

If you're talking about the actual games, you're a spammer and need to leave.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    I can use xDelta all I want, but it doesn't apply the patch.
    Or, I don't think it does.

Does it just take a while? o.o
    It create the ~patch.nds 0kb file, but I haven't noticed a difference in the actual rom's file size.

You have to get a clean rom of Pokemon heartgold and Soul silver

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    You do know posting a link to DS Bios files is just as bad as posting a link to a rom its self. Both contain copyrighted code by nintendo.

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years

• ...The ROMs are on the internet, they can be downloaded. Which means, anyone in the world can play them.

If you're talking about the actual games, you're a spammer and need to leave.

Harsh.... I gave up in playing the ROMs. it just doesn't feel right :(

Years
  • the way i got hgss to work flawless without no freezes or bsod (black screen of death) is you need all 3 bios files u select start from gba bios in no$gba then patch the rom with rudolph patch and bingo sorted iv managed to get all the way to the 3rd gym in kanto without 1 single crash. and u need no$zoomer to load the game or no$ wil crash instantly upon load

Back