• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get Together 2010 Small Writing Contest

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    so if i'm correct i have 3 hours to finish proofreading and editing my short? as it is 9 here on the east coast or is it actually 6 hours i have? the timezones always mess me up when there is not a easy to use link or something for the time.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    so if i'm correct i have 3 hours to finish proofreading and editing my short? as it is 9 here on the east coast or is it actually 6 hours i have? the timezones always mess me up when there is not a easy to use link or something for the time.
    Since I'm in the time zone Bay's talking about...yes. You have until your clock (or the forum's clock) says 11:59:59 PM to send your story out to Bay.

if it's not ti late count me in!
    Like I said to Jin-Roh, you have until 11:59:59 PM EDT (which is currently UTC -4) to write, proof-read (it helps gain points!), and send your story to Bay Alexison. So you do technically have the time to join.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    I'm done, just need to grammar check it and make sure I've got no remaining spelling errors. o;

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Entry submitted with four whole minutes to spare. Just had to make sure it was completely ready to go! And now it's the waiting game until the judges are all done judging.

Bay

Years
    AND SUBMISSION TIME OVER~

My sister has internet working on her computer, so I'm able to check last minute submissions in my inbox now. XD; So yeah everyone, no more entries after this post. Now it's the waiting game for the judging. D: More info on the judging in a bit. *goes check my inbox box again*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    And fail on Astinus's part. My "child" decided that tonight would be a wonderful night to find something smelly in the backyard and roll in it. By the time I finished washing her, it was already 11:58, and I still had to turn on my computer.

So...I'm going to sit on this story until I finish the novels that precede it, and then it'll see the light of day. Also going to write a fic with my OTP based on this prompt.

So no competition from me this year.

Hitoshizuku

something shining
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    Oh wow, that was intense! The clock was ticking down as I was trying to edit and add in italics and whatnot, so I finally was like "screw this, there's no time, I'm sending it." Hopefully it's not too painful to read. ^^;

But man, this was super fun! I feel so awake now. :D

Bay

Years
    All right, here are the entrants, including the pending ones:

Ωmega
    Jacqulilove
    Elite Overlord LeSabre™
    Haruka of Hoenn
    pieguy259
    Giratina ♀
    [.εternity]
    trebornosliw
    Bluerang1
    Shrike Flamestar
    moonlight kitsune of the night sky
    Yuukihime
    Masquerainisthajam
    icomeanon6
    Hitoshizuku
    Acedragonite (pending)
    Jin-Roh (pending)
    AceDragonite and Jin-Roh, check your VM/PM (Ace VM and Jin-Roh PM). I need your guys' answers to the questions I gave you two as soon as possible before I decide if I should send them off to the judges. If I don't get an answer by August 19, I'm going to disqualify the entries.

Okay, I would like to say that hosting this contest so far is an interesting experience for me and I learned a lot of things. I judged this contest before and I'm doing it again this year, but hosting is something I haven't really done (saved for that one incident at Serebii :x). Only read a couple entries so far (dang internet problems and real life D: ), but so far I love them and I'm sure I'll love the rest of the entries too.

Now, as for the results, I haven't really did a set date yet when you guys will know the results, considering it takes a while to read and score the entries. For now I'm thinking the tentative date for the results to be August 25th. Also, I'm hoping either this thread can be reopen or have a new thread for the results. If those two aren't possible, then I'll PM the results to the entrants.

Guess nothing else to say but I wish best of luck to the entrants, even though I'm one of the judges. :P

(decides to leave the thread open for another day for the other judges to give their remarks)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Also, I'm hoping either this thread can be reopen or have a new thread for the results. If those two aren't possible, then I'll PM the results to the entrants.
    I don't really recall what happened last year, but I wouldn't mind this thread moving to the Writer's Lounge so that the results can be widely known. We can wait for others to voice their opinions on it, but I'm fine with this thread either moving or a new thread for the results.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^That makes sense to me as well.

Good luck to the entrants who had time to write something! =p Maybe next time for me.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Yeah like bay I had unexpected real life problems occurring but what I did get to read I enjoyed. This is my first time judging (and hosting) but I've really had a blast. I'll get to the rest or the writing today. Anyway, best of luck to all, be a good sport, and always enjoy writing. (Or something. I'm running on weird dreams and manga ideas.)

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    Sorry for the complication on my entry Bay. response is sent in pm. ty for asking instead of just disregarding :)

Bay

Years
    Sorry for the complication on my entry Bay. response is sent in pm. ty for asking instead of just disregarding :)
    Thanks for answering and you're welcome! Yeah, want to make sure some things before I do anything else.

Acedragonite, I still need further info from you, so until then it's still pending.

Okay, as soon as I get more info from Acedragonite, I'll send in his (if I accept it) and Jin-Roh to the judges.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    I Can't wait to hear the results of this :) i knw alot of people put alot of effort into their work and i'm sure once it's decided we get to see them? mebbe?

Bay

Years
    I Can't wait to hear the results of this :) i knw alot of people put alot of effort into their work and i'm sure once it's decided we get to see them? mebbe?
    Yeah, you'll all will be able to see the results. I'm not sure though if I should just show the total score of all four judges combined or show the total scores from each judge yet. I know at least I'll put up the placements, though.

As for my progress, I just need to finish with three more, which I'll be able to get finish either tonight or tomorrow. If Fuyu is able to get her results in by tomorrow, I'll post the results on Sunday.

Back