• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together Choice Quest

Years
    Pokémon Choice Quest is "Choose your own adventure" type of game where users vote on the fate of the main character. Originally made by my old nemesis Lycantrophy, this game was picked up by HyperMorian two years ago with his blessing, I brought this game back for Get-Together last year and finally will do the same this year. (As I'm the only player who killed the main character in-game since the start in 2015, I think it's poetic for me to revive it).

The story will put players in the shoes of someone who owns money to Giovanni and goes to the some island to find a treasure (details will be added soon). The thread will be updated once every 24 hours, so that makes about 13 updates.

As for the points, I think it could be 50 points per session and give the points to the team with most votes. The choices will be themed around two teams, players won't know which choice belongs to which team and the winning choice will award 50 points to its team. Hope that makes sense.

Welcome to Pokémon Choice Quest!

Are you familiar with 'Choose Your Own Adventure'? This game basically works the same, except it's Pokémon themed and everyone can participate! So let's not waste more time and let's jump right into the game...

Right after these few rules:
    • The game will provide players with several choices that they can choose to control the main character. Pick one of the choices you like the most to see what happens next! Speculations and discussions alike are also allowed.
    • This game will be update once each 24 hours at 12:00 UTC. Then there will be about an hour when I update the game and then the cycle continue.
    • By its nature, the game is rated T. Sometimes, the game may lean to a darker side while still keeping an overall softhearted tone.
    • Casualties can happen. Though it's rare to see such occurrence, putting the main character into a hazardous situation may significantly render them vulnerable. If it happens, the game will return back to the previous checkpoint and the death counter will be raised by one. So far only one user was so great to convince others to kill the main character. Do you want to know who? Look who's making this thread!
    • Pestering won't speed up the game. Some of you may be quite eager or hasty, but it'd be great to let the others choose while waiting for the progress. As I also have a life to live for, updates may or may not be in time, so please bear with patience!
    • Choices will be themed around our two teams. You won't know what choice belong to what team before voting. The most voted choice will shape the story and will award the team with 50 points.
    • If you've read the rules mentioned above, then this one simply tells you to have fun. So, have fun!
    Stealing this idea from Lycantrophy and HyperMorian

Years
    First part of the adventure is here! Think what a citizen of Tundra Town or Armor Abode would do and vote for that option below.

Pokémon
    None

Inventory
    Empty

Deaths: 0​
    Chapter 0: Vacation ruined

You're chilling in the sea, letting waves play with you. You have finally a vacation. Over the past year, you've been building this island to become a paradise for people and Pokémon alike. You can hear children playing on the beach with their Pokémon, while their parents are taking a break just like you. You did it!

That's why you were shocked to see a Rocket Grunt waiting for you once you returned to your lounger. You knew borrowing money from Team Rocket would be trouble. He's grinning while he's slowly approching you.

You spent all the money they gave you and don't have enough to pay your debt. Maybe you could run. Or you could fight the Grunt. He's alone after all. But you don't have your trusty Pokémon with you.

What will you do?
    1. Ask the Grunt what he wants
    2. Invite the Grunt for a cup of delicious Casteliacone
    3. Run away to the Power Jungle full of wild Pokémon
    4. Punch the Grunt and take him hostage

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    2. Invite the Grunt for a cup of suspicious delicious purple Casteliacone.
    Get-Together Choice Quest

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Let me just put my thoughts on the answers. I'll tell you what I pick at the bottom...
    1. Ask the Grunt what he wants
    Pointless, he'll tell you anyway; waste of turn
    Pretty much telling them that you have money to spare...
    Sounds like a fun way to lead him into a disadvantage; given you know the place...
    4. Punch the Grunt and take him hostage
    Grunts are terrible trainers, but they're also dumb. And dumb people tend to be strong...

As much as I'd like to see an all-out brawl I think the smart choice would be:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    3. Run away to the Power Jungle full of wild Pokemon
    no point asking what he wants when we already know why they are there and 99% chance there's another member hidden somewhere.
    the casteliacone will only postpone the inevitable.
    running away best choice to attempt

Years
    Let's see...

What will you do?
    1. Ask the Grunt what he wants 1x
    2. Invite the Grunt for a cup of delicious Casteliacone 2x
      [*]Run away to the Power Jungle full of wild Pokémon 8x
    3. Punch the Grunt and take him hostage

While running away isn't really a honorable act, running away from random guy to a nest full of dangerous Pokémon is exactly what a Tundra Town citizen would do! Enjoy your 50 points!

Pokémon
    None

Inventory
    Empty

Deaths: 0​
    Chapter 1: Jungle Book

Phew, this was close. On a last moment, you decides to run! Grunt is surprised by this decision, but reacts pretty quickly and gives a chase. Luckily enough, he trips over a Sandygast and you can get away.

When you stop running, you realize you ended up in the Power Jungle. This section of the island is almost the exact re-imagining of how the whole island looked like before you tranformed it into a paradise. You kept this part as an attraction for powerful trainers to train here.

But you're not powerful trainer. Your own trainer career ended literally on Route 1, when you lost a battle against wild Bidoof. Then you decided to become businessman. And it was worth it.

Well, almost. The great businessman would not end up in this situation. You can hear various sounds. Howling, growling, J. K. Rowling are all around you. You might have seen a pack of wild Passimian in the trees. You are getting scared a little bit.

Then you realize there are still powerful trainers in the Jungle. Maybe if you go deeper to the jungle, you might find someone, who could help you. Or you could wait here for someone. But maybe that Grunt will get here before anyone else. And those Passimian could attack you any moment. Or you could just go back to civilization, pack your stuff and leave the island, while hoping to avoid and Grunts there.

What will you do?
    1. Go deeper to the jungle and look for help
    2. Pretend you're Pokémon to avoid any conflict
    3. Stay here and wait
    4. Go back to the city and leave the island

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    1. I don't want to meet that grunt again until we find our first laser-shooting shiny Wailmer Pokémon, and I have a feeling we will!

Back