• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Get Together / Halloween Haunt 2007 ] Battling tournament ~V2~

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You know what's worse than not having Wi-Fi?

Not having a computer. My computer decided to having some booting problems yesterday, so now I can't even use it. *Sigh...*

Oh, I'm typing from the computer lab fyi. And I'm going to withdraw from the tourney. I can't battle, I can't trade, and I can't use my computer for the next three weeks.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years

Not having a computer. My computer decided to having some booting problems yesterday, so now I can't even use it. *Sigh...*

Oh, I'm typing from the computer lab fyi. And I'm going to withdraw from the tourney. I can't battle, I can't trade, and I can't use my computer for the next three weeks.

*GASP* Oh...my...aragornbird...withdraw...tourney... *splutters and clutches chest*

Well, that's a relief and a shame at the same time! Looks like luckyCHARMS is going to win by default and there won't be any more waiting for aragornbird to sort out his wifi! =D But aragornbird didn't have a chance to compete :( That's sad considering he's such a good battler. I feel sorry for you, buddy *pats aragornbird's back*

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Who hasn't yet fought their second round match?

It's been a month since Halloween!

We really need to pick up the pace if we intend to finish in 2007!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, we still haven't heard about our situation from Archer yet, I'm still waiting on that.

Years

And I was looking foward to battling you.. : (

luckyCHARMS

filler
    Years
    • Age 34
    • L.A.
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    damnn .. aragorn dropped out? it feels so crappy going on to the next round for free .. ehh .. last time we tried to connect it kept kicking me nd him off wifi for like 20 some times. well i guess that leaves me to marthex right? whenever ur ready marth so we can get round 2 over with

Ooka

Years
    Actually, round 2 won't be over until me and Genus finish a match, or Archer shows up and gives us an alternative.

luckyCHARMS

filler
    Years
    • Age 34
    • L.A.
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    i see .. well marthex nd i are about to start so we'll just be waiting for genus nd urself once we're done

Ooka

Years
    I don't want to even try to battle genus anymore. Everytime I get something good going for me, it mysteriously disconnects.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    I don't want to even try to battle genus anymore. Everytime I get something good going for me, it mysteriously disconnects.

I'm getting tired of your insinuations. In each scenario where you've had "the upper hand" because something set up, I had a pokemon waiting to take it out once one of my pokemon feinted. There were also some situations that were advantageous to me when the connection died...do you think I would kill the match when I had, say, set up reflect against your Snorlax and could get a free switch and begin to statbuff at my leisure since you'd have to switch anyways? You can play the "what if" game all you want, but the truth is you didn't know my team and can't claim you would have won the match.

Since ~Kazaam~ shows no interest in even attempting to get another battle in, I'll report that on a previous occasion I had feinted one of his pokemon (Ninetails) with another of mine (Heracross) before WFC crapped out, when he hadn't knocked out any of my pokemon. Because of a rule specifically addressing a case similar to this, I'm claiming the win.

Years
    I'm getting tired of your insinuations. In each scenario where you've had "the upper hand" because something set up, I had a pokemon waiting to take it out once one of my pokemon feinted. There were also some situations that were advantageous to me when the connection died...do you think I would kill the match when I had, say, set up reflect against your Snorlax and could get a free switch and begin to statbuff at my leisure since you'd have to switch anyways? You can play the "what if" game all you want, but the truth is you didn't know my team and can't claim you would have won the match.

Since ~Kazaam~ shows no interest in even attempting to get another battle in, I'll report that on a previous occasion I had feinted one of his pokemon (Ninetails) with another of mine (Heracross) before WFC crapped out, when he hadn't knocked out any of my pokemon. Because of a rule specifically addressing a case similar to this, I'm claiming the win.

Can i ask the outcome of the original battle?
    *First post updated*

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    In the original battle, nobody feinted anything.

If you mean the battle I'm claiming the win for, I'll send you a pm describing the scenario since I don't want some of my tactics spoiled.

Ooka

Years
    I will be extremely ticked off if he gets through all because he killed one of my pokemon. It would be different if he had KOd 5 and I had KOd 3, but put yourself in my shoes.... I get one Pokemon killed and all of a sudden it disconnects, the next thing I know, the guy is taking a win after he killed 1 of my Pokemon. Seriously, how would you feel?

Years
    I guess the rule isnt fair, but i didn't know what else to do. But now i know.
    If you have bad WiFi and are prone to disconnections, then you have 2 choices:
    1) Film the battle and if it becomes a problem, you can send me the vid.
    2) Agree to battle on Shoddy Battle if you keep losing the connection. (This many only be with pokemon you actually have, so no cheap HP Ices or anything)

Tell me what you think.

Back