• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Get Your Reckless Emboar!

accursed

Dragon Breeder
Years
  • yep, just enter the code, get your gift, load the game, save directly in front of the woman who appears in the Pokemon Centre BEFORE you speak to her and then just keep resetting for the nature/gender you want. Some people reset for IVs but psh, I'm going to be breeding anyway so why bother! :D
    Yeah same, but nature doesn't mean that much to me either. Just female with the right ability. Shame they all come in the special ball that can't be bread.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've got my Emboar last night (thank you, availability at East Coast), and I'm currently soft-resetting for an Adamant one.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Has anyone gotten a female by resetting yet? I'm on 206 I should have had about 24 females by now...
    As with Serperior, I believe it's gender-locked at download, but can be received as male or female. Even so, you can breed a female anyway.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    unless I'm mistaken, only the female can pass down the HA. Oh well, i guess I will just take the next emboar i get and stuff it into my collection and wait for a chance to nab a female in the wild.

As of Gen VI, males can pass down HAs, only with ditto.

accursed

Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • As of Gen VI, males can pass down HAs, only with ditto.
    This is good to know, although for *most* pokes i will still get a female as I don't like having just normal pokeballs (yes some such as this emboar can't pass down their ball anyways) in my party. Definitely useful info for those pokes that will end up in a pokeball anyways.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    An Everstone is not required. Everstone passes down NATURE.

Also, it's correct that males can pass HAs with Ditto, but never with a female of the same species or another species. That is why you'll never see, for instance, a Justified Absol in a Moon Ball; HAs began in V, Moon Balls were last seen in IV. It's impossible for them to be on the same Pokémon.

FTR, there's a Moon Ball Absol on standby for my Prism League team if I feel like using it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Thanks to this post, I just got mine. Thanks bud! I probably wont breed it for perfect IVs, and just have it there until I decide to do something with it, if anything.

Years
  • I got both the Serperior and Emboar yesterday. :D I can't wait to breed them. My only minor gripe is you can't rename them.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I got both the Serperior and Emboar yesterday. :D I can't wait to breed them. My only minor gripe is you can't rename them.
    It's like that with every event; it proves event legitimacy (though in the same vein, having a stock name and ID also makes then easily hackable). And besides, breed and name a better baby. :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm starting to have some second thoughts on getting an Adamant Emboar, because I found a Smogon set that requires a Jolly nature but uses its normal ability. Would Jolly still work for Reckless Emboar?

Years
  • So now we have the second Unova HA starter present. I might get my hands on one after I pick up the HA Serperior, which I still have yet to do. Reckless Emboar might be something to just use for fun every now and then.

Back