• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Getting a Diamond Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • Yep thats right I'm getting Pokemon Diamond tomorrow, I have a question

1)What are the good new features in this game:
    2)Is the wifi laggy?

Thanks in advance

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • some good new features that i like are more quality graphics when pokemon use attacks and some-what 3-D graphic terrain. i wouldn't really call the wifi laggy since the only real use for it is GTS, which works really well in my opinion. but i can tell you that the game is definately not a disappointment.

Years
  • We bought a router a while ago for our second computer. I don't know how much it costed though.

And if you really want to learn some cool stuff, go to serebii.net and look at the Diamond and Pearl stuff in the Games section. Everything you need to know about the games.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • We bought a router a while ago for our second computer. I don't know how much it costed though.

And if you really want to learn some cool stuff, go to serebii.net and look at the Diamond and Pearl stuff in the Games section. Everything you need to know about the games.

Thanks I love that site but Ive never checked out that section before. I'm going to the site right now

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    1. Cell shaded style graphics, Tons of new pokemon (of course), Wifi Battles/Trades, GBA upload feature (pal park), and a lot more.
    2. It really depends on the ISP (internet service provider) you use.

Edit: Speedtest.net

Double edit: The Nintendo USB Connecter IS faster than a router. It runs indirectly off the modem, in a direct fashion. If you already have a main computer set up to your modem, use the USB connecter (like $15 or something) instead of buying a $60+ Router.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • 1. Cell shaded style graphics, Tons of new pokemon (of course), Wifi Battles/Trades, GBA upload feature (pal park), and a lot more.
    2. It really depends on the ISP (internet service provider) you use.

Edit: Speedtest.net

Double edit: The Nintendo USB Connecter IS faster than a router. It runs indirectly off the modem, in a direct fashion. If you already have a main computer set up to your modem, use the USB connecter (like $15 or something) instead of buying a $60+ Router.

true, thanks for the answers, exactly what I was looking for. How far is the connection with the router, and does the computer have to be on when using it?

Sorry for all the questions but I am very curious

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    true, thanks for the answers, exactly what I was looking for. How far is the connection with the router, and does the computer have to be on when using it?

Sorry for all the questions but I am very curious

The range for most routers is anywhere from 50 to 100 feet. I don't believe the computer has to be ON, but the router does have to be connected to the computer.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • The range for most routers is anywhere from 50 to 100 feet. I don't believe the computer has to be ON, but the router does have to be connected to the computer.

Oh ok cool thanks, I'm getting a wireless router in like a week. Ok thanks for the answers I'm going to go get my Diamond now.

(MODs please close this, thanks)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • There are some good new features!
    and if you like ground and digging you'll like sinnoh even more!

If you have a close router and good connect, you should be fine on wifi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back