• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Getting a Female Starter.

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
    If you're an expert at this then you shouldn't read this topic unless you're new to the PoKeMoN games.

First start your game as normal until you're in Professer Oaks lab and are getting ready to pick your Starter PoKeMoN.

Now save your game and pick the PoKeMoN that you want to start with and see if it's a Male or Female.

It'll be Male so turn your game off and on everytime you pick the same PoKeMoN until it is a Female.

Now that you have it as a female you can breed it and hatch even more of that PoKeMoN.

You should do this only if you want to trade for a Female of one of the other 2 Starters.

DarkRaikou

The Annoying Error 404 :P
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    It can be female on your first go and it can be male. On my first pick on Emerald, it was a shiny female Torchic :)

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    My Bulbasaur was female at the First Try ;p
    But it really doesnt matter at FR/LG, since theres Ditto...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    hmmmmm...all my starters have been male i thought it's sex was determined by when the prof askes ur gender and thats wat ur starter is.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    yeah i started and played my game with a male bulbasaur
    i now have 15 bulbasaurs which are male and female
    i also like 6 dragonites, 4 chanseys etc
    ditto is a great pokemon to have, catch it on the east route of fushia city

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    yeah i have a female blastoise. first try. they are really rare because there is only a 12.5 percent chance that it will be female.

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
    Thats right happy dude.

I plan on getting a Female starter so that I can breed it with a Male PoKeMoN matching its Egg type.

I plan on starting with a Female Bulbasaur so that I can hatch even more Bulbasaur and trade them with others.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    How about just get the starter regardless of gender, and let Ditto do all the work instead of all those hideous reset junk...

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
    I would do that frostweaver, but I'd rather start with a Female starter than a Male because thats how I want to start my PoKeMON journy on Leaf Green.

Back