• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting a Scene to Work

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    So, I wanted to have a cutscene where a Grimer pops out of some water. I'm figuring that I could create a Grimer overworld sprite to use for this. What I'm seeing in my head a Fisherman is fishing. When the player talks to him, he says his dialogue, the event waits, the Fisherman has an exclamation point show over his head as he "caught" something (still need to learn how to make is a rippling in the water, water sloshing sound effects, a jump sound effect, and the Grimer sprite "jumping" out of the water and onto the surface, "bouncing" two more times on the surface.

I'm wondering how I can script all of this.

(Pssst: I essentially want to learn how to do cutscenes, unlike ones found in RMXP)

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this, but especially if you help me out!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Try taking a look at Scene_Intro, its essentially a cutscene in its self. Study the structure of the script and try fiddling around with the graphics it shows and the timing. You'll get the hand of it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You don't need any scripting for that, really. You can do it all with eventing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I believe it'll take a while for me to get the handle of, but thanks for the tips.

Back