• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Getting back into the swing of things...

Smartest Shark

Trainer in Training
Years
  • Since most people probably didn't see my introduction post, I'll briefly explain;

As a young boy, I played Pokemon. Specifically, Blue, Yellow, and Silver. Now I've grown, realized, "hey, these games are even more awesome now that I understand what's happening" and so now I'm getting back into it. I acquired a gameboy advance and a copy of blue, and so far I'm 4 badges in. I vary what pokemon are in my team, depending on what gym I'm preparing for, but it's more or less these guys;

Charmeleon
    Snorlax
    Kadabra
    Fearow
    Raichu
    Gyarados

Like I said, it changes depending on the challenge I'm up for. What do you guys think? Any pokemon you suggest adding to my team? I need a new firetype. I really hate the idea of leaving my Charmeleon in the PC, but... He doesn't know any firetype moves, and three of his moves are Dig, Cut, and Strength, with the last move being Rage. I accidentally removed his Ember and replaced it with Dig, and now... Well, he's pretty useless as a fire pokemon. :/ So, what do you guys think is the best fire pokemon in the first generation? I'd also love any tips and tricks or anything like that, advice on how to train better, and anything like that. Keep in mind that stuff that may seem like common sense to y'all, could be a complete surprise to me, as I am just getting back into the swing of things.

Last edited:

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • For earlier in the game, I'd def. recommend a Vulpix. If you can wait, Magmar. Ponyta isn't a bad choice either.

Personally, buy another GB/A and Red and trade yourself Arcanine. Arcanine is a bamf.

Back