• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting back to playing the game but confused

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    So it has been over a decade since i played the games (both card game and video game in general) and it seems like alot has changed from what i remember. I dont remember all these rules with different status effects, if some of my old cards from the 90s/early 00s are even able to be used anymore (like double colorless, i remember some people did not allow that card) or what the new limits are and without someone near where i live to help me re-learn, its not easy to get back into the game. Would someone like to help me out? I did get me a Fennekin deck starter for trying to get back in, but i would like to kinda customize it.

Thank you all in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    Oh yes, and what is with these new EX cards and X cards and such? i cant seem to find solid answers for this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I dont remember all these rules with different status effects

If you're referring to Burn, Poison, Confusion ect, They've been around since the base set :p

I too recently got back into the game after a long time and I'd recommend downloading the TCGO and doing to tutorial and playing against the AI opponents, you'll quickly learn the basic mechanics this way.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    well its mostly the status "chips" that were given to me in the starter set the one with a bandage? i dont see what it is to be.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    I see i see. Well that clears that up. What about my old cards, are they still allowed or not allowed?

Back