• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Getting rid of the moving truck

Years
    I want to remove the starting truck (in Emerald), and have the player start in the house I designate them to. How would I do that? :)

Years
    Thank you for that tool!

However....what the heck? I edited it to take the player and start in Brendan's room. However, now the house has May's Pokeball in the room. And on the bottom floor, it has character sprites I didn't even put down. (They're the sprites from May's house, actually).

What happened?!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    However....what the heck? I edited it to take the player and start in Brendan's room. However, now the house has May's Pokeball in the room. And on the bottom floor, it has character sprites I didn't even put down. (They're the sprites from May's house, actually).

What happened?!
    I'm just winging this, but it sounds to me like a script problem. Specifically, because you start in the room, a script that tells the game that you are playing as the male character doesn't initiate, and because of this, it thinks that you are playing as May rather than Brendan.

In other words, because you don't go through the starting scripts, one or several of which has a gender check (likely the one right after getting out of the truck), the game doesn't hide the sprites as it normally would if you had chosen a boy. The same thing would happen if you chose May and started in her room.

Years
    Well, I plan on changing May's house and have the player start in the same house no matter your gender. Perhaps that would fix this problem?

Years
    I got rid of May's second floor, changed her house, and yet it still shows her Pokeball in Brendan's house, Mays house NPC's in Brendan's house, and there are random boxes everywhere in May's house like she just moved in. I have no idea...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It should have those. May and Brendan's houses are almost identical, and they both have scripts (somewhere) that do gender checks to see what you're playing as so that your rival will be...not you. As a result, because you skip the check in your hack, both houses should have the pokeball, as well as the family of the rival and the mother of the character you picked.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It's probably part of the house level-scripts? You need to go to the header to see if that's the culprit (A-Map -> "Header" -> Open script).

I don't have Ruby very often and I don't have anything to check myself, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I have an idea that might work, depending on you're OK with it being like this:

Change the inside of the truck to something like a white screen, or maybe a small "dream sequence" like in the first Pokémon Episode where Ash thinks about the 3 starters. It'd be a cool way to start, imo. I have no experience in anything, really, but it was just a thought.

Back