• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Getting Soul Silver & Gold working on DS emu / computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    Hi everyone

Never thought i'd sign up to a pokemon forum lol but anyways here I am. The reason I signed up was because I needed to know how to get some of the poke games working on the Nintendo DS emulator on the computer. All the other games are working like mario olympics and another pokemon perle but in french which is not as fun to play when you don't know the language.

The games that aren't working are soul silver and gold however, I see everything at the start when you setup like choosing your name and selecting either male or female and the sound fully works and its smooth no problem there, but once it gets to the game where you actually start I can hear the song but it stays pitch black on the screen? Exactly same thing happens on both soul silver and gold but the other games work fine? So I thought it had something to do with changing the settings somewhere?

Please can someone help me?

Thanks

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hello there!

Thing with HGSS is that they had anti-piracy stuff within the code making it harder to emulate those games (more than just the black-screen thing as well). There's patches to find online via google and info on how to set up emulators to make the games playable though in the Emulation section, and in particular this thread which is specifically about emulating HGSS so I suggest checking out that thread.

However this section is for talking about the HGSS games themselves rather than how to emulate them (which is what the Emulation section is for), and so hence thread closed. Good luck with getting it to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back