• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Getting the job done (pokedex)

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • I am fortunate to say I am almost done with the Dex. I have 633 of the 647 that is listed. Mainly legends I need and a few sparse pokemon which is named in Quick trade thread.

*commence rant*

What bugs me is the ridiculous what people "Require" for trade such as "I want a shiny lv1' This or a "level 100" that. Even the GTS want a level 100 Latios in exchange for a common level 57 something or another. Its doesnt make sense. Im sure there are fools that want to trade that because they have clones or copies they can make but those of us "legal" people who do things by the book makes it hard to do thing by the book. I have owned each generation pokemon game not all of them. It was hard as heck to get it all. Trading away things I didnt want to trade away because I didnt have the tools to breed a copy or I am unable to bred them (legends). What ever happen to a 1 for 1 exchange? Not all of us can get shinys. Ive only had 2 shinnies in my life.

Main point is when asking for trades or offering trades consider making reasonable offers Shiny for shiny. Japan for Japan. We all are striving for the same thing. Completing the Dex. Maybe give someone some help adding to theirs by "giving' up a certain pokemon. Good Karma as they say. I try doin that for people with Starter pkmn because I know how almost impossible it is or can to get them or give them a pokemon with pokerus if they ask you have it.

For those who make outrageous demands and sit and wait for trades (Zekrom lv 9 or lower) Seriously? Why risk your game for something that the programmers obviously have a Legend at a certain level for a reason. Even if you have copies of the game its such a waste and do you think about the person you are trading it to and it may corrupt their game because of both of your greeds. I think this lowest level business is too serious. *rant over*

Perhaps this rant is too serious but its a serious thorn in my side and other trainers who are trying their hardest to fill this dex. I would like to think I am a voice for those people who are trying. I know nothing can be done with this about the GTS which is mainly stemmed from but just want people to think about the other trainer just as much as themselves. Only thing we should be taking seriously is the battling, not the collecting.

Years
  • You think that's crazy? I got a guy asking me for a level 100 Reshiram for a lvl. 9 Pansage... I just burst into laughter...
    I just told him to screw himself and found a guy nice enough to exchange a Pansage for a Pansear, I went through with that.

Also, you might be confused why I wanted a noobie Pansage, the answer is: A guy was trading a Zorua for a Pansage of whatever lvl. and you can't pass that sort of deal, especially when you don't have a Celebi at the moment.

(P.S.: Talking about PokeRus, a japanese guy gave me a Fraxure and during the trade it managed to catch PokeRus, it's nice to have around but... it's not really a big deal.)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I am fortunate to say I am almost done with the Dex. I have 633 of the 647 that is listed. Mainly legends I need and a few sparse pokemon which is named in Quick trade thread.
    Congratulations so far! I have a feeling you'll need this, however...*passes the soapbox*

*commence rant*

What bugs me is the ridiculous what people "Require" for trade such as "I want a shiny lv1' This or a "level 100" that. Even the GTS want a level 100 Latios in exchange for a common level 57 something or another. Its doesnt make sense. Im sure there are fools that want to trade that because they have clones or copies they can make but those of us "legal" people who do things by the book makes it hard to do thing by the book. I have owned each generation pokemon game not all of them. It was hard as heck to get it all. Trading away things I didnt want to trade away because I didnt have the tools to breed a copy or I am unable to bred them (legends). What ever happen to a 1 for 1 exchange? Not all of us can get shinys. Ive only had 2 shinnies in my life.

Main point is when asking for trades or offering trades consider making reasonable offers Shiny for shiny. Japan for Japan. We all are striving for the same thing. Completing the Dex. Maybe give someone some help adding to theirs by "giving' up a certain pokemon. Good Karma as they say. I try doin that for people with Starter pkmn because I know how almost impossible it is or can to get them or give them a pokemon with pokerus if they ask you have it.

For those who make outrageous demands and sit and wait for trades (Zekrom lv 9 or lower) Seriously? Why risk your game for something that the programmers obviously have a Legend at a certain level for a reason. Even if you have copies of the game its such a waste and do you think about the person you are trading it to and it may corrupt their game because of both of your greeds. I think this lowest level business is too serious. *rant over*

Perhaps this rant is too serious but its a serious thorn in my side and other trainers who are trying their hardest to fill this dex. I would like to think I am a voice for those people who are trying. I know nothing can be done with this about the GTS which is mainly stemmed from but just want people to think about the other trainer just as much as themselves. Only thing we should be taking seriously is the battling, not the collecting.
    ...wow, I was right. >.>

I do agree, however. Taking a quick peek in the Quick Trade thread...not much of curiosity there ATM, but I've seen unreasonable requests in there at times, too.

You think that's crazy? I got a guy asking me for a level 100 Reshiram for a lvl. 9 Pansage... I just burst into laughter...
    You're nicer than me. I'd have had some choice words.

Cyclone

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I do agree, however. Taking a quick peek in the Quick Trade thread...not much of curiosity there ATM, but I've seen unreasonable requests in there at times, too.

Cyclone[/QUOTE]

Ya Ive seen that too. Those are the kind of things too the peeve me. People take the trading game wayy to serious. Im sure it will get ignored,locked, or moved. Even perhaps deleted even though there wasnt anything offensive or spamming about it but hoping that maybe one person will see this and MAYBE reconsider, however humans will do as humans do and I expect nothing less.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's kinda too wide to fit into Trade Corner so it won't be moved but... I think this is something you may need to accept. :( It's kinda like, they offer crazy legendaries so people won't accept so they can clone or something, I forgot how the thing worked but ya. Either way, some people might be legitimate but I really think the majority of good traders does make up for bad traders, even here on PC. And on wifi I'm sure there's a lot who are fair tbh and would give good deals. Alternatively you could always get another DS and trade with your other games, but that isn't always a choice. So yeah, I get your frustration but it's something that can't really be changed in general I think.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    This is SUCH an annoyance. Another annoyance of mine is people who seem to go into GTS negotiations just to show off their (probably hacked) shiny legendaries ¬_¬ like I'm looking for stuff like Azurill and Wurmple here... I have NOTHING to offer for that. Winds me up.

Jetsee Studios

PKMN Trainer Jetsee
    Years
  • Pokemon B/W G.T.S., Trolls Or Trainers?

What Is With All of the g.t.s. Pokemon? 50% of g.t.s. has pokemon on there, but it will say Wanted: Reshiram Lv. 9 and Under. or Zekrom, Lv. 9 and under. I Honestly think they be trolls, because the only way to obtain such a pokemon, is through pokegen or action replay modifications. And if that is how youd get your poke team, then why would you use g.t.s. in the first place? What the heck?!

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
    Years
  • yeah some are trolls but some are just trying to use glitches to clone or evolve there pokemon others just don't have there own so they don't know what level to ask for

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What Is With All of the g.t.s. Pokemon? 50% of g.t.s. has pokemon on there, but it will say Wanted: Reshiram Lv. 9 and Under. or Zekrom, Lv. 9 and under. I Honestly think they be trolls, because the only way to obtain such a pokemon, is through pokegen or action replay modifications. And if that is how youd get your poke team, then why would you use g.t.s. in the first place? What the heck?!

Them misleading titles! Although I was sure there was somethung discussing this, only just had a chance to check over. Merged with the relevant thread discussing this - please search next time n__n

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It would be good if Nintendo introduced a restriction so that you can't put a Pokemon e.g Reshiram/Zekrom on the Trade System under the level it is found at, if it is not possible to breed it. The amount of requests on the G.T.S for these low level Legendaries is doing my head in, it drives me mad. Don't know if it would be able to be implemented, or if it is in B/W2, but I'm sure it would be a welcome addition.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • It would be good if Nintendo introduced a restriction so that you can't put a Pokemon e.g Reshiram/Zekrom on the Trade System under the level it is found at, if it is not possible to breed it. The amount of requests on the G.T.S for these low level Legendaries is doing my head in, it drives me mad. Don't know if it would be able to be implemented, or if it is in B/W2, but I'm sure it would be a welcome addition.

I agreed with you completely on that one

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been to B/W's GTS a few times and it annoyed me that people were wanting low-level legendaries in exchange for whatever they put up for trade. That's just unreasonable, IMO. Why would they do that?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I've been to B/W's GTS a few times and it annoyed me that people were wanting low-level legendaries in exchange for whatever they put up for trade. That's just unreasonable, IMO. Why would they do that?
    Logical answer; because they expect everyone to willingly hack the game extensively for nothing more than a Bulbasaur in exchange. Or they saw their buddy hack one, or saw video of one online, and think it's real, so they want it themselves.

At least, that's my best answer.

Cyclone

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Logical answer; because they expect everyone to willingly hack the game extensively for nothing more than a Bulbasaur in exchange. Or they saw their buddy hack one, or saw video of one online, and think it's real, so they want it themselves.

At least, that's my best answer.

Cyclone

Stupid thing is even with Legends to. They think this will happen and I see the same people with the same pokemon for weeks. They are soo stupid. I make reasonable and VERY reasonable trades and i get the pokemon I want within 48 hrs I have had a success trade in as little as 2 hrs lol. Fact is unreasonable people are stupid and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Jetsee Studios

PKMN Trainer Jetsee
    Years
  • Seriously, Just wanted A panpour because i was to lazy to catch one , then i get zekromed to the face. Wtf. It is one of the few things that makes me rage

Prehaps they seek people with poke gen. The thing is, there arnt that many genfairys or arfairys nowadays.

Last edited:
    Back