• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Getting to level 100

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    In all past games, I've had no trouble getting my pokemon to level 100 by just battling the Elite 4 over and over.
    But in Diamond and Pearl it seems like it takes forever! How do you people quickly level your pokemon to 100?

Years
  • Rare candies would be the easiest way. I'm sure it takes some time, but leveling the pokemon is really no harder now than it was before. If you trade your pokemon to another game pack and level them there it will be faster, with the exp boost.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    vs seeker could help too sometimes, or maybe deposit in daycare (sure it's long but while you're biking away to use vs seeker it couldd help a little)

Mewstor

Legend Reality
    Years
  • Lucky Egg and E4. Level 100 in no time. + I don't have a life so I have time to play.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Eh? Ev train it, and then use Rare candies, or
    Lucky Egg + E4= LV.100
    By the way, you can get Lucky eggs from Chanseys, sometimes...

Have I spelt Chansey wrong???

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
  • Actually it is Elite Four + Lucky egg + Trade. Also you have to have a Pokemon with a low EXP rate, Pokemon such as Gyarados with a Higher Exp rate will be harder to level up.

-Amso-​

Harwinder

Pokemon Breeder - EV Trainer
    Years
  • Well... Using rare candy's or the daycare isn't really that smart (no offense) cause then your Pokemon's stats will SUCK, since you didn't EV train it. But the easiest way i seem to find is this E4 it it to Lv 40 or so. EV train it. Then leave it at daycare. DO that two two pokemon, and then use this method for the others.
    Elite Four + Lucky egg + Trade.
    And then after you get two level 100 from using the above method go to your daycare, and it should be a considerable higher level.

Harwinder

Pokemon Breeder - EV Trainer
    Years
  • Not if you keep count.
    But we all know nobody does, and yes i agree with air conditioning EV train it first.
    Who is this noob harwinder doesn't know what he;s talking about!!

Mewstor

Legend Reality
    Years
  • Of course EV train first! I usually raise my Pokemon till level 20 or so in day care and then start EV training (cause I don't like to use exp.share in EV training and I train individually).

Then I start training to level 100. First with exp.share and when they start to be good enough to take on the E4 Pokemon on their own I give it Lucky Egg. Once the Pokemon is raised to lv 98 or 99. I give it Rare Candy to get to lv 100 so not a single experience point goes to waste :)

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • I stock up on rare candies, but don't waste them on sweepers till they're in their 90's, whether it be my E4+lucky egg, rival+ lucky egg, since sweepers are easier to level up.

the tanks... I try and stock up rare candies while on the way and lvl 'em up with an exp share... give 'em the X-items to make sweeping easier...

and when I'm battling the E4, I have 3-4 guys w\ pickup rdy to pick up rare candies.... lol.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I actually EV train at Level 1. I put the trainee up against a high level Poke that gives good EVs (say, a Gyarados), then switch out to someone who can OHKO (such as my trusty Luxray). Works like a charm. ;)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I actually EV train at Level 1. I put the trainee up against a high level Poke that gives good EVs (say, a Gyarados), then switch out to someone who can OHKO (such as my trusty Luxray). Works like a charm. ;)
    And how do you check IVs? Also, leveling up to Lv10 in the daycare takes nothing more than a minute walking.

Last edited:

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    rather than switch in switch out why don't use exp share. And this is not ev's thread >.>
    rare candy is the best way after "effort ribbon gained". maybe they should make another candy with 5 level up instead one

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • Yes, Lucky Egg and the E4 battling over and over would be the best way to do it. Don't use Rare Candies or the Daycare, unless you want your Pokemon to have completely sucky stats. And I'm sure you don't want that so if you just put in a little more effort than it'll pay off.

Back