• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GFA's Pixel Place

Years
Glad to have you back in the pixelling game. I think Bulbasaur's right eye should be moved to the side more. here's my very quick edit:
2hmj3bs.jpg

Trip's Camera looks out of style, can't see what's the problem. It might be because of the simple shading or so.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thanks! :)

Hmmm. That certainly does look better. Suits the angle more at least. Went back and messed with Trip, and I think he looks much better. I made it brighter, smaller, and I also "smoothed" the edges.

VSTripv21.png

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Did a Snivy Sprite.
snivye.png

Yeah. More stuff coming ... Soon. Ish.

Awww Snivy look so adorable <3<3<3

The Snivy's outline is a bit too dark especially on the tail and the can be a bit more shading on the body overall (especially on the tail).

I would comment the other photos, but for some odd reaosn my computer (which I'm using from my job) isn't picking up certain pictures.

:t354:TG

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
wow your trainers are quite impressive

Awww Snivy look so adorable <3<3<3

The Snivy's outline is a bit too dark especially on the tail and the can be a bit more shading on the body overall (especially on the tail).

I would comment the other photos, but for some odd reaosn my computer (which I'm using from my job) isn't picking up certain pictures.

:t354:TG
Hahah, thanks you guys (and Tatsujin you're comment is noted). Sorry for not being around, but my computer crashed and I lost most everything. Hopefully, I'll have something new to put up soon.

Years
I think Trip's camera is a) too rigid and b) has too many black outlines, especially inside the camera (i.e the lense's outline). The sprite's very nice, though.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Hmmmmm. Don't know if I'm going back to that sprite anytime soon, but if I do, I'll take that into consideration.

which_ash__bw__by_baconboy914-d46r6rz.png

So, as you may know from my journal on dA (or my most recent post), I all my sprite stuff when my laptop's motherboard decided to die (like a *****).

And now that I have a computer to use, I'm trying to get back into spriting (once again). Having looked back at my BW Ash Sheet, I decided I didn't like the standard sprite, so I bring you this.

As always, any imput is GREATLY appreciated.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Come on guys, I need some input before I sheet him (again) not to mention some other side projects ...

LifeUpStudios

Cheater Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
The design on the characters are perfect to me. As Mew had said I do think your Bulbasaur's forehead is a bit too big. But the evolutions are perfect to me.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Hmmm. I think I prefer A out of any of them. B and C seem to be rather skinny. However the thing that's throwing me way off is that the legs seem to be curving outward, like a reverse pidgeon toe. I think if that's changed, it'd look a lot better.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
So, for example, you would like B with A's feet?

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Ahh, more like A with B's feet? Preferably with B's feet slightly rotated so that the legs are straight.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Hmmm, thanks for the imput. I've finally come across a basic build that I like, so you can expect some sprites soon. Well, soonish anyway, I'm having even MORE computer issues. So this post isn't complete spam, I'll share this with you guys:

Not going to lie, that's old. But it is a WIP from (in)famous Pokémon Anime Project which is finally seeing some love again. Stay tuned for some actual good stuff!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Yes, the skinny bodies are just too bizare looking... they seem so compressed... which doesn't make sense to me! You have soooo much more room there, you can add at least two more columns of pixels on either side ^^ fatten 'B' and 'C' up. But I DO NOT like the feet on 'A'. He looks almost as if he's reclining or got knocked on his butt!

I'm excited to see the anime line put into the new style of OW! Though, One OW that is bugging me is the girl you have spotlighted in the center there (Blue hair, orange headband). Her hair is too 'puffed' out. It seems far bigger than it is, the little bangs should be skinnier... and her orange head band would do good to distinguish them... here's an idea, your's to the left, my two suggestions to the right:

[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/helpinggfa.png/"][/URL]
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yes, the skinny bodies are just too bizare looking... they seem so compressed... which doesn't make sense to me! You have soooo much more room there, you can add at least two more columns of pixels on either side ^^ fatten 'B' and 'C' up. But I DO NOT like the feet on 'A'. He looks almost as if he's reclining or got knocked on his butt!
Hah! Good to see you again GPR! Yeah, Im not a fan of the 5th Gen Style, but they're what's current, so I want to try and keep up.

I'm excited to see the anime line put into the new style of OW!
Though, One OW that is bugging me is the girl you have spotlighted in the center there (Blue hair, orange headband). Her hair is too 'puffed' out. It seems far bigger than it is, the little bangs should be skinnier... and her orange head band would do good to distinguish them... here's an idea, your's to the left, my two suggestions to the right:

<A href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/helpinggfa.png/]
helpinggfa.png
[/URL]" target=_blank>
Hate to say so GPR ... But you know how I said the WIP was old? I meant it. Those are 4th Gen Style. :)

Anyway, I do appreciate your advice, and it's good to see you around again. Also, newest (and more generic) shape for OWs.
ash_bw_2_by_baconboy914-d48qt2e.png

Thoughts? I'm going to stick with this unless someone can point out a major flaw. Then it's back to KAP.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Much much better. The OW's shape is a lot more natural than the three that you had before.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Except inside Venosaur's mouth, it's the most friggin awesome sprite, including Pixel Over I've very ever seen.
My congratulations to you.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Your new ash looks a bit bowlegged :/

It doesn't make sense to me that his hips are wider than his stomach... at least as an overworld... then again, i don't really understand this new ow style of b/w... i'm not really a fan of it though... still, as an original style that you're making, i'm not a fan of the legs... but everything from the hips up looks great ^^

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Except inside Venosaur's mouth, it's the most friggin awesome sprite, including Pixel Over I've very ever seen.
My congratulations to you.
Haha, thanks. That's quite the hefty compliment.

Much much better. The OW's shape is a lot more natural than the three that you had before.

Your new ash looks a bit bowlegged :/

It doesn't make sense to me that his hips are wider than his stomach... at least as an overworld... then again, i don't really understand this new ow style of b/w... i'm not really a fan of it though... still, as an original style that you're making, i'm not a fan of the legs... but everything from the hips up looks great ^^

GRAH! Contradicting opinions from people whose artistic skills I admire. NO. He's less bow legged then A was ... Darn it GPR, I blame you for not letting me move on and sprite other people! I think I'm going to have to ignore you for now. :T

Back