• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GFA's Triumphant(?) Return to Spriting

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I assume you're talking about the "third," that is to say, back cannon that has a too edgy a hole? Also, do you mean this Ash as in all of him/his torso, or his face?

And so this post isn't completely spriteless, here's what I have thus far of MegaCharizard.

mega_charizard_gif_by_baconboy914-d6lotw5.gif

Years
Yeah. I mean the back cannon. I forgot to consider the others. XD

For Ash I would say the whole sprite but I would make the face a priority.

And for the MegaCharizard, the only thing I would say for now is to thicken his neck as it seems at its current state very thin and droopy (mainly the base of his neck).

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
So ... I was working on some stuff *cough* Mega Charizard *cough* when I got distracted by some old reposes I made a while back. Now, I really liked these guys but I was a big dummy and saved them as JPEGs. For the last few days or so I've been in the process of re-making them. And so I present Turtwig, Grotle, and Torterra!

_387_389___turtwig__grotle__and_torterra_gif_by_baconboy914-d6m1yhj.gif

EDIT: I also fixed Mega Blastoise, as can be seen in my avatar.

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Alright, finished Mega Charizard. Crit anyone?

_006____charizard__mega__gif_by_baconboy914-d6mlmbg.gif

Also, I started working on Mega Venusaur. Which is proving somewhat harder than I thought.

_003___venusaur__mega__gif_by_baconboy914-d6mnlb4.gif

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I can't really say much more than good job on the Mega-Evolutions because really the best way of making them is heavily editing the BW sprite. This is because it is easy to track down all the edits and do them one by one, as suggested by this picture. So I don't have much to suggest on the Mega-Charizard except maybe lower the dithering and add some sweet AAs. Maybe the whole yellow part of Charizard's neck can become darker, rather than leaving that small strand of pixels. I don't think I can say much about a WIP but... PLEASE KEEP DOING THIS.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thanks, yo. I'll definitely get to Mega Charizard sometime, but I've been super busy recently. College and whatnot. Anyway, worked some more on Mega Venusaur.

_003_01____mega__venusaur_gif_by_baconboy914-d6nupe7.gif

Also I've been doing some light OW work. Namely I have Ash in his XY Anime look.

kalos_anime_project_by_baconboy914-d6nuu7a.gif

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Okay, been busy with college and crap, but I believe I finished Mega Venusaur. So ... I guess I'll be going back and fixing any problems with Mega Blastoise and Mega Charizard Y and then ... Who know?

Anyway, here it is!

_003_01____mega__venusaur_gif_by_baconboy914-d6p0s0t.gif

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I got bored and had free time so I whipped this up.

the_origins_anime_project_gif_by_purplefresca-d6p4elj.gif

Expect me to update with more characters from The Origin sometimes soon.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
What, no love for the OWs? Ah well. Here are some for fun sprites.

_004_006___charmander__charmeleon__and_chariza_by_baconboy914-d6pxq7z.gif

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
WIP

_681___aegislash_gif_by_baconboy914-d6qptz5.gif

Can you tell what it is?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
It...looks so much like a Honedge and Voltorb combined :O

Don't forget to do its attack forme!
I like it! :D

But in seriousness, I really like all of your stuff! The overworlds especially.
The Charizard one from previous though, has a sort of misformed mouth and arms.
Maybe the mouth's problem is its angle, but the right arm looks long and skinny, while the left one is rather squished. The Charmander and Charmeleon are perfect though, so I'll take it that you were rushing or something :P

Also, is it normal for people to sketch pixel-work like that? This is probably the 3rd time I saw someone do that, so is it like a thing for pros?

Back