• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost-Image instead of Pokémon in Battles without Silph Scope

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    Hello everybody.

I hope somebody there out can help me.

I need some script to change the appearance of Ghost-Pokémon in certain areas, like in the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town.

What have I done so far:
    1st: I have added a new map-metadata (name: "GhostAlternate", type: boolean). I've me orientet on "Disallow running in certain places" by IceGod64
    2nd: I have added and changed the script "adding ghost" by Desbrina so that my Pokémon won't attack (to affraid of the Ghosts) and I can't catch the ghosts, when I don't have the Silph Scope.
    3rd: I have found a graphic for the ghost.

So what I need to do:
    - Change the battle-graphic of the Pokémon when I don't have the Silph Scope <- here I need your help

- forbidd the catch of some Pokémon (like the ghost of the Marowak in the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town), <- I think I can do this with adding a querry/branch for a given Switch, like in Desbrina's "adding ghost"-Script

I hope all can understand my not so good english, and that somebody can help me...

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    That's very easy to do, just create a new pokemon species called ghost or whatever and then go to pokemon encounters modífiers in scripts and put something like this

"If $game_switches[100]
    (Wild battle thing, just copy this part from other modifier)
    pokemon.species=GHOST
    Pbautolearnmove
    End"

Then turn the switch on and every pokemon will be a ghost

To add the message "your pokemon is to scared to move" and to be unable to catch the ghost just check the tutorial "adding ghost" in the essentials wiki

Be sure to add something to reset the pokemon moves or else it will have the original wild pokemon attacks.

I added this to my project long time ago but sadly im in my cellphone and can't check the code

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    That's very easy to do, just create a new pokemon species called ghost or whatever and then go to pokemon encounters modífiers in scripts and put something like this

"If $game_switches[100]
    (Wild battle thing, just copy this part from other modifier)
    pokemon.species=GHOST
    Pbautolearnmove
    End"

Then turn the switch on and every pokemon will be a ghost

To add the message "your pokemon is to scared to move" and to be unable to catch the ghost just check the tutorial "adding ghost" in the essentials wiki

Be sure to add something to reset the pokemon moves or else it will have the original wild pokemon attacks.

I added this to my project long time ago but sadly im in my cellphone and can't check the code
    thanks for your answer, but I'm sorry to say this, because I think you didn't read my post correct, because I already have added the "tutorial" you mentioned (but I don't think you can call it a tutorial, because it's incomplete). I alos said, that I have added a new MapMetadata called "GhostAlternate" so forget about the switches here. And you have forgotten that if you have the "silph scope" with you that the ghost must be normal, sure you can do this with the switch, but it's not the way I want it to go. My main problem is, where to put the script, that only wild Pokémon will be changed and not trainer-Pokémon or my Pokémon.
    Where have I to put something like this
    Code:
    if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,GhostAlternate) && $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::SILPHSCOPE) < 1
        (change battle picture of the wild Pokémon to Ghost)
    else
        (use standard battle picture)
    end
    And also I don't think to make a new species is not the correct way. All we have to do is to put a alternative picture for wild Pokémon, but you can me correct with this point if I'm incorrect here.

Back