• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost - Reporting for duty

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm new to the PokeCommunity but not new to Pokémon. I love the anime series but have missed out on the past few generations. Im trying to get caught back up and I feel like this is a good place to start. My main hobby here is playing hacked versions of older games and I really want to create my own.

I have a YouTube channel and it would be awesome if anyone wanted to check it out. I have a few popular Pokemon videos and would love to continue to make them. Can't post links yet but you can find my channel at YouTube / GhostStrategy. Please leave me some feedback and subscribe if you want to help out.

Other than that, im going to make my way over to the hacks section and start reading up on how to get started!!

Years
  • Hello Ghost, and welcome to PC!

I noticed your account was made around a year ago, so why did you only start becoming active now? I know some people's activity tends to drop due to school and other real life stuff and then they eventually start getting involved with the community. And if you were looking for ROM Hacks you found a good place to discuss them right over in the ever-popular Emulation & ROM Hacking section here. It's PC's hacking community basically, and I'm sure you'll have fun checking out various hacks as well as making your own.

And given you watched the Pokemon anime series as well, we have the Pokemon Anime section if you plan on discussing the anime in general. PC has loads more sections outside of what I mentioned, so I'm sure there's something else you like. I do advise you read the rules, especially because PC is strict on advertising YouTube channels. That's what signatures can be used for, and if you share it via your signature you might get more subscribers that way. And there's also the staff members in bolded blue, orange and red names who can help you with anything.

I do hope you have fun here Ghost!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Hi Ghost! :D Welcome to PC!

Like Hikari suggested, you're going to love the Emulation board as it's filled with hacks for fans to try. :) A lot of members join to try them out and many even attempt to create a game, which is great. Our hackers are wonderful and contribute a lot to the community - we love them all! Would be great if you could create your own and be a part of that someday. Have any ideas on what kind of hack you want to make yet? Hacks of generations 1-3 seem popular, though I mostly seem generation 3 hacks around nowadays. You can share your story idea with our hackers over in the Quick Storyline Idea thread, check it out. I'm not a hacker so I unfortunately cannot help with any issues you might have, but we do have a lot of talented hackers in Emulation that you can ask personally. Of course, the amazing DrFuji and giradialkia are around to assist anytime, though they're quite busy.

I love the anime series too.. only started keeping up when Best Wishes/Black & White rolled around. Admittedly I've fallen out of watching again though, but hopefully I can pick it back up soon! You should totally watch some episodes. :D; They're really funny and colorful, plus the movies have been quite cool. We do indeed have a great Pokemon anime board as well as other cool places to discuss both Pokemon and non-Pokemon things, so be sure to look around.

Oh, and don't disappear! We really would love having each and every one of you, okay? Have fun and be sure to ask if you have any questions at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Ha wow guys, very informative welcome posts. (:
    When I made this account back I went without internet for about 6 months and forgot about this place. Finally made my way back here. Seem like the place to be for everything Pokémon.

Not sure what kind of hack im doing yet. Just brainstorming a storyline fuels me to stay and attempt a hack. I don't plan on leaving just yet!

Back