• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghostbusters reboot trailer becomes most disliked trailer on YouTube

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Lets necro revive an issue, for your birds;

James somehow knows that the movie is going to be bad for his tastes, but he has some very level headed thoughts about it. He doesn't slam on anything harshly, heck, he doesn't even say anything about the use of the all female cast, and was even level headed enough to say that it may actually come out good. He does say "how the f**k did all of what to that" but again in a more level headed manner as what you'd expect coming from a hardcore Ghostbusters fan.

Now i'm not sharing this because I'm force feeding AVGN/Cinemassacre/James Rolfe on this thread, but James himself has some very interesting points to say in his video about why he isn't going to watch Ghostbusters to review it. And he has a pretty interesting point as well which is as simple as breathing.

BUT we have individuals likes this guy:
    https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/732634606982160388

So he suddenly tries to attack James (AVGN/Cinemassacre) because of his refusal to see the movie?

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I saw the trailer. I like two of the main actresses (McCarthy and Wiig, especially Wiig), I don't know the two other ones. I wasn't impressed by the quality of the jokes though. I might see it once it comes out on Blu-ray or comes to Netflix or something, but I won't get my hopes up.

I think that, judging by how the people behind the movie responded to the negative reactions to the trailer (saying that the negative reception is because of the all-female cast, period) it kinda becomes obvious that they are flat-out using the angry feminist crowd for their marketing.

I'll just leave MundaneMatt's reaction to James' video here:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The second trailer is out. And based on that and the merchandise:

Spoiler:

Lucid

Am I the only one who thinks this is an example of clever marketing? Like with every other reboot, there's going to be a huge group of fans who don't want it, especially with a whole new cast in a whole new verse.

What makes this one unique is that they're swapping the genders of the four main characters, not just recasting/rewriting them. If the new cast would of been all male, I don't think it would of gotten as much attention. Sexism in the entertainment industry is a hot button debate, and their choice to do this alone has already brought a huge amount of publicity to the movie, even from people who didn't give a shit about the Ghostbuster's franchise beforehand. There are a ton of people who love to go back and forth on whether an issue or topic is sexist or not. I think there are going to be a big group of people who aren't going to see the movie because the leads aren't conventionally attractive actresses, let's be real, those same people peg films with primarily female casts as chick flicks, regardless of the plots and just won't go see them.

On the other hand, you have a ton of people that will see the movie, bad or not just to make a feminist statement. I think whoever's putting these trailers together knows exactly want their doing. Bad trailers keep people talking about the film. It's no different then every other reboot we've been getting, it's a nostalgia based trendy money grab, and I don't think it'll be any worse then the others. Even if it turns out to be good, people are still going to cry that their childhoods have been raped because that's the thing to do now.

Years
  • I've heard of people calling some reboots terrible (such as Teen Titans Go! and more recently, the new Powerpuff Girls) but this one is just awful, to the point I find this Ghostbusters reboot the worst reboot ever.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If these trailers are meant to advertise the movie, they've failed badly at least in my view. I didn't laugh at all watching it and the special effects look cheap as hell. It's a shame, I would be on board with a female ghostbusters movie, but it's obvious that the people who made it just used it as a marketing gimmick to rile up controversy and make out anyone criticising the movie as sexist. If anything the creators of the movie are the sexist ones as they probably think that movies with female-only protagonists don't need to have any effort put into them.

Back