• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gigamax Question

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2020
    I couldn't find a Raid Battle FAQ thread so if there is one, I'm sorry.

So I'm battling Gigamax Butterfree (finally caught it after a few tries-- trying to catch all the Gigamax Pokemon in Pokeballs, it's a pain in the butt but it's a fun challenge) I'm just wondering about how this stuff works.

I have a level 100 Lapras, the computer trainers have a Maractus and a Throh and a Clefairy or whatever and they're all level 70. Maractus lets off a Sucker Punch and it does a really decent amount of damage to the Gigamax Pokemon. Here comes by Dynamaxed Lapras' Ice Beam Max Hailstorm and... and... it barely does anything. The shields aren't up yet. Super effective against Butterfree, Stab Ice attack from a Level 100, perfect IV, max Special Attack EVs Modest Lapras and it does far less than a level 70 Maractus Sucker Punch. Also, I know Butterfree does Quiver Dance but it didn't use it once during the battle.

So then we knock it's shields down and it's exposed to an attack and it says the Butterfree's Defense and Special Defense falls. I hit it with another Max Hailstorm and it does even less than before. What's going on with this stuff?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I get the feeling that the game is programmed to not let you go past specific HP thresholds until a barrier is broken. This happens to me too, and it usually seems to happen at about 75% HP and 50% HP for Pokemon that throw up 2 barriers.

It's probably meant to make it so players can't OHKO Max Raid Pokemon, to give it some sort of challenge and excitement or something, but ends up not working out that way in practice since NPC allies are stupid and frail.

Years
    Even without the barrier it is not allowed to do more damage to the G Max pokemon on a hp threshold.
    If the turns go that the team fighting the G MAX pokemon is still beating the G MAX pokemon, and it is actually time for the next barrier of the G MAX pokemon, then no more damage is added until the new barrier is there.

I hope this is understandable English, lol.
    Not my native language.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    There are 2 limits it seems, before another barrier appears no matter how hard you hit, it'll not go beyond that cap.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Hello,

I was wondering if Shiny Pokemons in the raids are totally random or do we need to have see them a few times before or something ?

lopoyhawa

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Contrairement au Dynamax, tous les Pokémon ne peuvent être gigamaxés. Même au sein d'une même espèce, le phénomène n'est pas généralisé : seuls quelques spécimens ont la capacité de pouvoir gigamaxer alors que les autres conservent leur apparence en se dynamaxant.

Back