• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Giovanni's fate..?

In HeartGold/SoulSilver Did Giovanni Commit Suicide

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Who is Giovanni?

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Some say he jumped for it and committed suicide. Some say he's bound on a boat/plane to Isshu and is going to be involved in the affairs of an evil team. Some say he just went back into hiding again, hitting another low point.

What do you guys make of that splash noise when the former boss of Team Rocket left Tohjo Falls? What effect do you guys think this could have on Silver if he appears in another game?

Discussion, START UP!

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Well, do we actually know what he says once you defeat him? That may help.
    From watching a video with the encounter:
    "How is this possible? The past three years have been a waste...? How can a kid like you manage to destroy my dream once again? The precious dream of Team Rocket has become little more than an illusion..."

I don't think it's a splash, I think it's radio static. People have theorized that it's a gun shot or a car starting or him jumping into the falls...I'm not saying it doesn't make sense for him to commit suicide or whatever, I think it's just a little too dark for Pokémon. It's a game targeted towards a younger generation, I highly doubt they'd integrate an NPC's suicide into the storyline.

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I doubt that they would include suicide in Pokemon. It's more than likely a Car starting up, or perhaps a helicopter..? Something dramatic, but it's definitely not Suicide.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Hmm, I'd never seen it in English before, but I don't recall hearing that sound when I watched it in Japanese before the game's release. I'm still unsure at to what it is, but to me it does sound like water and not radio static. Whether he commits suicide or whether he is just making his escape is unclear.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    It sounds very random and doesn't sound like a splash at all, and the radio is definately not that loud.

So i think it's some vehicle outside.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    PMD2 alone shows that Nintendo and Gamefreak aren't afraid of putting this kind of stuff in. We got to see an attempted execution in that game. I also forgot to mention that in your quest to save the timeline, you are committing mass murder by shunting yourself, Grovyle, Dusknoir, and the rest of the bad future's inhabitants out of existence and it took intervention from a "higher power" at the last moment to bring everyone back in.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    PMD2 alone shows that Nintendo and Gamefreak aren't afraid of putting this kind of stuff in. We got to see an attempted execution in that game. I also forgot to mention that in your quest to save the timeline, you are committing mass murder by shunting yourself, Grovyle, Dusknoir, and the rest of the bad future's inhabitants out of existence and it took intervention from a "higher power" at the last moment to bring everyone back in.
    Except that Nintendo do not make any of the games and Game Freak has naught to do with any spin-offs like Colo/XD (which was a so-called 'darker' Pokemon game) and the MD series - compltely different companies... so this doesn't man that Game Freak are necessarily into it themselves. =p

The sound is.... interesting. Of course though - even if it is a splash it doesn't mean it is him committing suicide - maybe he decided to swim for it? The sound does occur when the radio broadcast dialogue starts up again as well so that kinda suggests it's bad radio static as well.
    He's retired to the remote rainforest where he spends days on end trying to "find himself". So far he's only found Spinerak and Venomoth
    I quite like this theory. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    According to my old fan fiction, he reformed (in fact, HG/SS completely destroyed his storyline by making him want to return to a life of crime).

As for what happened to him in game-canon, I'm going to have to say he now runs a motel by the interstate moves to some other region and tries to become the Ground-type Gym Leader there.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    That's because there's a happy ending in these games. See? They survived (atleast the player does) but still, you survived.

I think it was just a vehicle starting up. Maybe he'll make a cameo in B/W but I doubt it. I think he's one of those disappearing people. Kinda like the girl trainer in FR/LG. Wait, didn't he did the same thing in FR/LG? Spin around and disappear? (Left something for you too. ; D)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    That's because there's a happy ending in these games. See? They survived (atleast the player does) but still, you survived.

I think it was just a vehicle starting up. Maybe he'll make a cameo in B/W but I doubt it. I think he's one of those disappearing people. Kinda like the girl trainer in FR/LG. Wait, didn't he did the same thing in FR/LG? Spin around and disappear? (Left something for you too. ; D)

To be fair, Leaf didn't disappear in FR/LG. Red being the player character was always canon.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i think its more of a motor of either a car or a helicopter. i dont think giovanni is the type of person who would commit suicide.

ShiShi

Shorts! <3
    Years
    He didn't kill himself- he leapt into an invisible helicopter and escaped (or he used those magical powers of teleportation he seems to have in FR/LG). Now he spends his days chilling on the beach of a tropical island, drinking fruity beverages and working on his tan while trying to come up with a way to bring back Team Rocket.

... At least, that's my theory.

He's retired to the remote rainforest where he spends days on end trying to "find himself". So far he's only found Spinerak and Venomoth

But I also like this idea lol

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    He probably RAn away and created a new evil plan maybe more diabolical than creating then most powerful pokemon he'll probably make the strongest pokemon the destroy and re-creat the universe then he'll expand land mass and bodies of water

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    To me, it's one of those great mysteries in pokemon. Like why Red hasn't been home in 3 years and somehow happens to have the most dusty and abandoned room and a WII!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back