• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girafarig

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • Have you ever used a Girafarig in any of your playthroughs? If so, how did it perform in comparison to the rest of your team?

I personally used one in a very experimental playthrough of HG/SS and it was a little underwhelming, to be honest, always falling behind the team.

Also fun fact, Girafarig is Girafarig spelled backwards.

Years
  • didn't even cross my mind really to put one on my team. unfortunately, girafarig always kinda struck me as one of the more... not very useful Johto Pokemon, so to speak.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I believe I used one once on either Platinum or Pearl. It wasn't terrible but yeah compared to some of my other Pokemon it was a bit underwhelming.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    This is one Pokemon I wish they'd give the Clefable treatment to. Even at that point a base 100 Special Attack probably wouldn't do it justice. Especially with it's poor defensive stats. It's just outclassed by so many things.

I guess another question for you all could be what would you do to make at least usable in your eyes?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've used it once in Sinnoh and once in Johto, both times are years ago. I don't recall it being that underwhelming, to be honest. Its stats aren't horrible for non-competitive use. I remember all the flinching it caused with Stomp was what I liked about it the most.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I love Girafarig! I think it's one of the Gen 2 Pokemon that are most underrated along with Stantler. Fair enough, it's not the best for battling - it's a little frail but it absolutely has its plus points besides being adorable. I remember going out of my way to use one in my Elite Four team when I first bought Silver just because I liked it so much, so maybe it's just nostalgia talking lol.

Also fun fact, Girafarig is Girafarig spelled backwards.

HOW HAVE I NOT NOTICED THIS BEFORE

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have an unfinished monotype run (Normal) with it in my team in HGSS! One day I will go back to those and report back on how I find it to be, I suppose.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I believe the most I've ever used one in a nuzrun is in an egglocke, I hatched in 2 games but I believe both died before I could do anything important wit them.

In my Plat nuzrun, I got it as a first encounter but never used it because I had a full team that I didn't want to change. I was really tempted to use it, though. It had a pretty good nature and it took me way too many balls to capture.

As for the mon itself, it's alright. Nice typing and concept. Wouldn't use it over some of the stronger ones but still better than plenty of stuff similar to it.

Back