• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Giratina

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
    The amount of evilness doesn't show if a pokemon is the devil. From that logic, Gengar or Banette could be the devil.

In the pokemon world, it seems as though Arceus could be considered god, BUT it is known as the Alpha pokemon. Not the Alpha+Omega. Which leaves the Omega.

Giratina is classified as a ruler of the underworld (reverse world, whatever), but not the devil. Perhaps an equivilent to Hades from Greek Mythology. A devilish figure, but not the devil.

Now that seems reasonable.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    If there is ever a Gen V, it seems likely that an Omega Pokémon will be created. I'm not saying that it will, but there is a good chance, but then that is if Nintendo want to face the wrath of religious people who may get offended.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, you're theory makes sense in some ways, and not in others. It does seem as he can be referred to as the "Devil" of PKMN, as he does reside in what is similar to "Hell", the Reverse World (I call it the Distortion World). And he has the appearance of a Devil somewhat But, Giritina lacks the power of looking over the evil dead. Your theory affects me, but I would refer to Giritina as the Grim Reaper or somewhat like that, not the devil. :\ But it is a good theory! :D

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm not sure. If there was, then I know there would be a big movie about it and stuff. But many of the Pokemon do have opposites, so it's a possibility.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Spoiler:

Drkrai isn't evil in the games, and it was good in the tenth movie. In MD2, however, it was pretty much pure evil, at least until it lost its memory at the end.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    Ok seeing as there is a God of pokemon shouldn't there be a Devil pokemon too? I know there is alot of discussion about this but it just seems rational. I mean he is in a different dimension (Underworld) where he watches over dead pokes.
    well i think the god pokemon SHOULD be mew cause mew was one of the
    first pokemon on kanto region mew is a careing pokemon that helps others
    and mewtwo is like opposite he clones pokemon and uses them to attack people

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Giritina V.S. Hmm lets see Arceus I wonder who would win! The level depends.
    Giritina has 3 forms and arceus just changes its type because of multitype.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
    Human

The "devil" (of gen 4 only) could be Cyrus. He upset Dialga/Palkia, which obviously upset Arceus, and he tortured Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf.

Or the "devil" to Pokemon could be humans in general. They pit them against each other, and then the Pokemon get hurt. Why not humans. But then people that don't battle...even they keep the Pokemon in captivity. All humans in the game and anime disturb the Pokemon's natural lives in some way.

They should make a game from the Pokemon's perspective, but not like Mystery Dungeon. What would life be like in a Pokeball? How does it feel to be pit against some of your own kind by some all-powerful human? Why not make a game like that?

Or a sprite like this.....

https://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss60/masterfun101/sprtie.jpg

Years
    I wouldn't term it as a 'Devil' Pokémon.
    I'd rather go with Anti, or Nega. Something that has to do with opposite. Because it's not evil, but it's definitely the opposite of Arceus.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    According to the legend faq on ign giratina created darkrai and arceus created dialga, palkia and giratina

Mæstro

"Agent of Chaos."
    Years
    When did he watch over dead pokes? I would compare Darkrai to Arceus more.

I would agree, Giratina is a powerful Pokemon, but it compares not to the powerful Dakrai - although, Dakrai and Giratina are not evil either. I don't think there is a devil pokemon figure nor will there ever be, Pokemon has always been all-in-all good, so I doubt a devil pokemon would ever be added to the equation - if they did, most likely it would not play the part you would think it would. So... thinking of all the concepts, for now, Dakrai so beats out Giratina.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    There aren't really any good or evil Pokemon... They just follow their trainers. Does anyone remember one of the classic episodes from season 1, Island of the Giant Pokemon? I have it VHS (God only knows how it survived this long.) When asked why they are bad, Ekans and Koffing reply that they aren't bad, they only do bad things because their trainers are bad.
    As far as legendaries go, I think they all have a specific job to do or area to look after. Notice that they never attack anyone else, or even make an appearance unless they have been somehow summoned or provoked.
    Giratina is, as someone mentioned earlier, kind of like a Hades. Not evil, just lives in a strange and different place. I don't think he is the caretaker of dead Pokesouls, but maybe just the caretaker of their final resting place; he does live in a graveyard after all. Maybe Platinum will shed some light on this "shady" character.

FirelordBlaze

Blaziken is blaze-rific!
    Years
    neither are evil, but according to giratina's pokedex entry in platinum, he was banished for violence. who knows, maybe he is secretly evil.

Back