• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girlfriend & Boyfriend

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend!

Indeed. Everyone wants to have love relationship. But what's so special about it? : /

Discuss! : D

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I don't see what's so good about it. Yeah yeah, it's nice. And it might be because of my age, but I'm only bothered by the tests that are coming up next week. I don't want to fail, and looking at the results, it's the ones that are concentrating on having some eye candy next to them all day that are getting the bad marks.

So at the moment, no, I don't want a relationship, I don't know why you would at my age. It gets in the way. But maybe when I'm older.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • It makes you feel less lonely inside...especially when you have noone to be friends with or family you don't care about...sadly this is the way of the emo - and the emo don't get any attention from the pretty girls. :/

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • We are all genetically programmed to feel good when we are with someone we are attracted to. That's why.

All humans are capable of love. Regardless of how cold or phlegmatic you may seem.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Its great to have someone you really know inside-out and can trust with everything and confide in. I'm used to be the closed off brooding guy, but having a relationship has made me a much happier and quirky person.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Weeeeeeeell. The grass IS always greener on the other side.

I always envy my friends who have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I think it'd be great to have someone to cuddle with and likes the same things you do and you can talk with them about anything.

But in again, you still have to give back what you get. You've got to take time out for your boyfriend/girlfriend, hang out with their friends, yadda yadda yadda drama. Right now, I've personally got too much stuff on my plate and being in a relationship always seems wonderful, but not reasonable. I believe (so far) that when it happens, it'll happen. No one should rush to find a boyfriend/girlfriend. That's just desperate. Society makes you feel like you're nothing without a significant other, but honestly...look at today's divorce rates. It's all silly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    I love having a relationship
    Having someone to hold when you want and to fall asleep with any night you choose to is really nice, Ive been dating the same girl for 2 years now(On and off), since I was 16, and its never been better*Thank god >.>*, A relationship is only good if you have the basics of trust and respect for eachother.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Having a boyfriend is good if he lots of buys things for you. Sometimes they don't. You have to be careful.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • We are all genetically programmed to feel good when we are with someone we are attracted to. That's why.

All humans are capable of love. Regardless of how cold or phlegmatic you may seem.

Unfortunately, this is truth incarnate. We humans are a weak species, feeling the need to quantify ourselves by whether or not we're mated with someone that those around us would be envious of. Even people like me, who have risen above the influence of their peers, occasionally feels the need to quash their loneliness despite the fact that it would mean actually tolerating another human being. >_>

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • What's special about girlfriends and boyfriends?
    Well, nothing. It's pretend marriage. I find the entire idea incredibly simplistic.

Love relationships =/= that though. Love relationships, depending on the person, can be had with any person and any number of people.

They're special because they're a very high degree of friendship.

Unfortunately, this is truth incarnate. We humans are a weak species, feeling the need to quantify ourselves by whether or not we're mated with someone that those around us would be envious of. Even people like me, who have risen above the influence of their peers, occasionally feels the need to quash their loneliness despite the fact that it would mean actually tolerating another human being. >_>

I personally find human love a strength, not a weakness. Humans would definitely not be this advanced and powerful if we worked alone.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I guess it's seeing other people, like your friends having a bf/gf that can make you feel a little... lonely/jealous inside. That's what happens to me every single time. Unfortuately I'm just going to have to deal with it like I have done right up until this very day. Having someone who has simaler interests as you by your side is always fun.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Having someone who has simaler interests as you by your side is always fun.

I've never gone out with someone who has similar interests to me. That would be kind of strange, I think. Although there was a guy who kept trying to make me interested in the things he likes. Like, he kept getting me to come watch his band rehearsing, and he kept asking me to go to concerts with him. He was not fun.

The Cynic

Years
  • Having someone who has simaler interests as you by your side is always fun.

It can also be terribly boring in a relationship with someone similar to yourself. My last girlfriend was identical to me in every way, except she loved Twilight and I can't stand it. Needless to say, our similarities sort-of pushed us apart.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I would think that similarities would bring you together. Me and my best friend are very similar, I don't see why a boyfriend can't be.
    I guess it depends on niche things actually. If you both like to party or do crazy things etc, that may be a problem...but more introverted things like books, games, etc might make you closer.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I would think that similarities would bring you together. Me and my best friend are very similar, I don't see why a boyfriend can't be.
    I guess it depends on niche things actually. If you both like to party or do crazy things etc, that may be a problem...but more introverted things like books, games, etc might make you closer.

I agree. I have always severely disagreed with the whole "Don't date people similar to you" thing. Some differences are nice, but dating someone completely different from you is even worse! >.< There's a line between dating your clone and dating a person who likes some of the things you do. A very thick line. In my personal opinion someone and their 'lover' should at least share core interests.

Then again, some people are weird.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well I've never been in a romantic relationship. I want to know what it's like. Everyday I pass bye hundreds of people holding hands and kissing, sharing a bond that has been around since the beggining of civilization. I want to be able to feel somebody gently caressing me as I do the same to them. To feel the strong, emotional, passionate bond with somebody. To know somebody so well that I am them. To where we are one and the same.

Is it wrong to wish to feel that?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Unfortunately, this is truth incarnate. We humans are a weak species, feeling the need to quantify ourselves by whether or not we're mated with someone that those around us would be envious of. Even people like me, who have risen above the influence of their peers, occasionally feels the need to quash their loneliness despite the fact that it would mean actually tolerating another human being. >_>

It's not so much a weakness as it's simply a propagation mechanism. We've gotta mate to keep our species alive. Still, love is a wonderful thing.

Weeeeeeeell. The grass IS always greener on the other side.

I always envy my friends who have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I think it'd be great to have someone to cuddle with and likes the same things you do and you can talk with them about anything.

But in again, you still have to give back what you get. You've got to take time out for your boyfriend/girlfriend, hang out with their friends, yadda yadda yadda drama. Right now, I've personally got too much stuff on my plate and being in a relationship always seems wonderful, but not reasonable. I believe (so far) that when it happens, it'll happen. No one should rush to find a boyfriend/girlfriend. That's just desperate. Society makes you feel like you're nothing without a significant other, but honestly...look at today's divorce rates. It's all silly.

I agree. It's foolish to rush into any kind of relationship. I'm the type of person that doesn't open up immediately to someone I just met, so I like to take my time. With that being said, of course my instincts try to rush things along, but I have pretty good resistance to that. :3

I agree. I have always severely disagreed with the whole "Don't date people similar to you" thing. Some differences are nice, but dating someone completely different from you is even worse! >.< There's a line between dating your clone and dating a person who likes some of the things you do. A very thick line. In my personal opinion someone and their 'lover' should at least share core interests.

Then again, some people are weird.

I feel that avoiding similar people is committing dating suicide. it will not work out no matter how hard you try. That being said, you need to share something with the one you love or you'll either break up messily, or just grow apart gradually.

With that being said, I also feel that the person you choose as your mate should complete you in some way. Being opposite in some respects can only increase the attraction, as long as you're not too opposite in things that matter the most.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • A relationship is only good if you have the basics of trust and respect for eachother.

^ This. Without trust and respect, the relationship is trash.

I love it because I love the person I'm with and I want to do everything with that person. I can't imagine a day without him. We're going to go to college and university together in a year or two.

He was my support through abusive peers and a really, really horrible family. I'd still be contemplating suicide if he hadn't changed my view on certain things and given me the self-confidence that others had originally crushed.

It's always nice to have someone you can always confide in and you know won't judge you. It makes you feel fuzzy :D

As Pachy said, the person should complete you - fill what you don't have, and you fill what he/she doesn't have, and that you both appreciate it. You should have a lot of simiarities on important matters (values, morals, completing school before rearing chidren, or whatever your thing is). Differences can bring together, too, but not like magnets :|

Simple things. I don't like olives, for example. My fiance does. This difference gives him more olives and makes me happy 'cause he eats something he likes whenever we have pizza. It's not a huge difference, but it's capable of bringing positive feelings.

My fiance is my mentor. I see him as a brother, a protector, and a love partner. When you love someone so much as that, you'll understand just how amazing intimacy can be <3 (even though it may sound odd to others, but it's an incredible feeling to see your partner as everything to you)

Last edited:

The Cynic

Years

• Simple things. I don't like olives, for example. My fiance does. This difference gives him more olives and makes me happy 'cause he eats something he likes whenever we have pizza. It's not a huge difference, but it's capable of bringing positive feelings.

This is why differences bring folks together, as well as similarities. Too much similarity and the relationship dosn't have these little quirks that make it special. Not enough similarity and you don't have a relationship do you? Like most things in life, it's all about finding an equilibrium.

Back