• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girlfriend & Boyfriend

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay, um... it's like getting up one day, saying you feel lonely, then go out and look for someone and you then basically go for the first person you see. Searching for love (unless on like speed dating or internet dating) without a real purpose seems kinda pointless?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Okay, um... it's like getting up one day, saying you feel lonely, then go out and look for someone and you then basically go for the first person you see. Searching for love (unless on like speed dating or internet dating) without a real purpose seems kinda pointless?
    No one does that. You can say they do, but they won't go for the first person they see. Plus, if they do, then nine times out of ten they'll be rejected anyway, so it makes no difference. On top of that, wanting a relationship because you feel lonely isn't pointless. A lot of people do it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah but I'm saying that was sort of what she was aiming at. For example, if Zet's lonely, he'll go for every girl he sees and keep getting a bad result, in that case, it's better to wait.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Yeah but I'm saying that was sort of what she was aiming at. For example, if Zet's lonely, he'll go for every girl he sees and keep getting a bad result, in that case, it's better to wait.

Not really. He would have some form of choice and the law of averages means that he won't keep getting a bad result. He could just bump into the person he feels right with.

There's nothing wrong with looking. It shows an active pursuit of happiness as opposed to just sitting back and hoping happiness turns up.

On an unrelated note, some of the people in this thread seem to have an incredibly cynical idea of love. I know it's not my business but... lighten up.

EDIT: Huh... I referenced a Will Smith movie without realising it.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    idk I just think looking rather than waiting means more chance of getting someone you don't belong with :(

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    idk I just think looking rather than waiting means more chance of getting someone you don't belong with :(

True, but not looking could mean not finding anybody.
    Unless you believe in soulmates. Which I don't.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I believe in soulmates and destiny. Maybe that's why I discourage people for getting up one day and just searching to see who's similar and if they're even a little compatible in an attempt to turn it into something more intimate.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I believe in soulmates and destiny. Maybe that's why I discourage people for getting up one day and just searching to see who's similar and if they're even a little compatible in an attempt to turn it into something more intimate.
    I believe in destiny too, but maybe someones destiny is to find the person they're meant to be with. Like I said, if everyone sat at home waiting for the right person to show up, then it would never happen. It's good to get out there and pursue people.

And why do you think this? What's wrong with attempting to do something instead of waiting for once?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just wait for love to come, it if happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. Though I believe there's someone for everyone so yeah.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Just wait for love to come, it if happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. Though I believe there's someone for everyone so yeah.
    And if there is someone for everyone, how are they going to go about finding each other if they just sit in their house all day?

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
    *Sigh* Relationships. Such a curious matter.
    Although I myself am in a relationship, I don't quite understand all the hype, and pressure for it.

In my opinion, I have this mindset (which I imagine many will disagree with ) that it's only worth wild to date someone if it's actually going to go somewhere in the future, to sum it up marriage. What's the point otherwise? From what I've seen it just creates heartache and useless bickering between one another.

But then again...It's threw a relationship that each person get's to know each other better and love each other. :3

Hmm...xD
    Well I suppose I'm simply saying that one should question if it's worth it to go out with this person. Will it work out? What are the Pros and Cons to this person? Could I stand living with this person? And so on.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Well I suppose I'm simply saying that one should question if it's worth it to go out with this person. Will it work out? What are the Pros and Cons to this person? Could I stand living with this person? And so on.
    I'm the opposite. I think that asking yourself all these questions will force you to over think things, and that's going to cause problems. In my opinion, it's better to just get in there and make it work instead of instantly saying no because your questions didn't add up.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Love doesn't mean that it's stronger just because people are in a proper relationship.
    Friends can love you as much.
    And really, the idea of actually calling someone your bf or gf is kind of cheesy for me.
    Some people are and always will be better of alone.
    I think I might be one of them.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I find both of those to be idiotic, lazy and desperate ways to find bad matches. On the second one you are relaying on random strangers in the internet to put you togather with someone based on the few good things you decide to tell them. On the first one you are actually seeing people, but for only a few minutes, and your seeing a lot of people. With this strategy your relationships are more likely to end in heart break, because honestly? All your doing is talking to a random stranger for ten minutes and then talking to another random stranger for another ten minutes. You can do this in any puplic location. And this way it's free (if you have to pay normaly) and you retrejected sooner. Much easier.

What movie?

And if there is someone for everyone, how are they going to go about finding each other if they just sit in their house all day?
    Who said anything about staying in the house? Go about your life, do what you normaly do. Travel the world for All I care. Noone said anything about sitting around the house for the rest of your life, just waiting for the perfect person to just bust through your door.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I believe in destiny too, but maybe someones destiny is to find the person they're meant to be with. Like I said, if everyone sat at home waiting for the right person to show up, then it would never happen. It's good to get out there and pursue people

xD I mean, you can do this at work and whatnaught.

I just don't mean go outside and get into activities not for the activity itself, but to try and find a partner. I think in your normal schedule of events (work, school, activities you enjoy, hobbies, at the store, etc.) you should be looking, but getting into something JUST to look for a partner... that's what I discourage :s

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    What movie?

Not really. He would have some form of choice and the law of averages means that he won't keep getting a bad result. He could just bump into the person he feels right with.

There's nothing wrong with looking. It shows an active pursuit of happiness as opposed to just sitting back and hoping happiness turns up.

On an unrelated note, some of the people in this thread seem to have an incredibly cynical idea of love. I know it's not my business but... lighten up.

Thar ya go. I highlighted it for you. I didn't really like that movie.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I find both of those to be idiotic, lazy and desperate ways to find bad matches. On the second one you are relaying on random strangers in the internet to put you togather with someone based on the few good things you decide to tell them.

I'll have you know that my uncle met his now wife through internet dating. They've been married for a fair few years now (not entirely sure how many, probably about 3-4) and were in a relationship for a couple of years before they got married and I'm pretty sure they're trying to adopt a child together. I'm sure
    if you asked them they wouldn't say they were "bad matches".

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Who said anything about staying in the house? Go about your life, do what you normaly do. Travel the world for All I care. Noone said anything about sitting around the house for the rest of your life, just waiting for the perfect person to just bust through your door.
    I didn't literally mean staying inside your house, you know. Sorry if I came across that way, but I meant not going out to bars in search of women and stuff like that.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    Id like a girl roommate.

We can be friends! And it doesnt have to be romantic. And if it does, ill know her enough to tell if she is right or not.

Back